Dr. Lesley Meng, MD

Dr. Lesley Meng, MD

Medical Oncology | Female

Our goal is to treat patients with the highest degree of compassion and exceptional customer service.   Patients diagnosed with cancer come to our practice at the most important time in their lives.  It is the mission of our team of talented and caring healthcare professionals to ensure that the patients receive the best care while remaining in their own community, where they may continue to benefit from the love and support of their families.  When our patients are with us in the office, we strive to make each patient's unique journey as easy as possible by treating them as though they were our own family members.

I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Medical Oncology. In 1998 I graduated from LSU School of Medicine and completed intern and residency programs in 2001 at LS University Medical Center. I completed my Hematology/Oncology Fellowship in 2004 at LSUMC.

Dr. Meng's Experience

See how Dr. Meng's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Meng

Dr. Meng accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 9 hospitals where Dr. Meng has admitting privileges.

Dr. Meng's Reviews

Healthgrades Rating
Verified Rating
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meng to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Meng Says:

Dr. Meng's Performance
in Soso, Ms 39480 |
My visit with Dr Meng was wonderful! She was very concerned, easy to talk to and explained everything in detail that I could understand. I will recommend her very highly. Everyone was super nice. Thank you, Dr Meng and staff!
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Meng and her staff was very pleasant, thorough and comforting. She listened and gave great advice in order to improve my health.
in Picayune, Ms |
I absolutely love Dr. Meng! Her team is great!
in Diamondhead, Ms |
Although no one contacted me w/teat results, I was told *Dr. Meng does not discuss tests over the phone. I have an appt. soon for those results.
in Slidell, LA |
My experience with Dr. Meng is ALWAYS exceptional. She is very compassionate and patient. She listens and goes above and beyond to help diagnose and resolve your medical issues. Dr. Meng truly cares about her patients.
in Diamondhead, MS |
She is very vivacious, personable, and knowledgeable. Has answers to your questions. Relates to your feelings and makes you (the patient) feel as if all decisions are made w/ you in mind.
in Slidell, LA |
She was very thorough and answered all questions. My first visit with her and was very impressed!
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Meng's communication skills (I believe it is called "bedside Manner") is excellent. I am 8 years cancer free and just now found Dr. Meng. My visit with her was wonderful.
in metairie, la |
My mom went through surgery, radiation and chemo. After her next scan, it showed a shadow or cancer. Radiologist thought it was from radiation and she told us she spoke to the radiologist. She completely lied and never spoke to my mom's radiologist who was adamant that it wasn't cancer, which it turned out not to be but completely lied about talking to radiologist. Also very rushed and I didn't find she dressed professional. Also the test my mom was suppose to be getting were always wrong
in Bay Saint Louis, MS |
Compassionate, caring, listens and answers questions. She is easy to reach and responds promptly.
in Chalmette, LA |
She is very wonderful and caring!
in Metairie, LA |
excellent and very informative
in New Orleans, LA |
I had a very pleasant experience with Dr Meng. She called me personally to tell me my lab results and explained my condition to where I could understand. She also chose to help me with natural substances such as ginger to help with my nausea. She is very open to patient's participating in their care and answering any questions.
in Slidell, LA |
I don't understand some of the other comments as I found Dr. Meng to be very professional, knowledgeable and quite caring. This was only my first visit, but I'm very comfortable placing myself in her care.
Have you seen Dr. Lesley Meng, MD?
Are you Dr. Meng?

Compare Dr. Meng

Dr. Meng says...

In 1998 I graduated from LSU School of Medicine and completed intern and residency programs in 2001 at LS University Medical Center.  I completed my Hematology/Oncology Fellowship in 2004 at LSUMC.

Dr. Meng's Care Philosophy

Dr. Meng says...

Hematology and Oncology, supportive care, hospice and palliative medicine.

Delivery of chemotherapy

Dr. Meng says...

Our team takes pride in continuous improvements.  Part of that process is the review of patient satisfaction survey data.  This analysis allows us important insight to our patient's experience in our practice.  We value your input and change our practice to meet the needs of those we serve.  We know your time is valuable and that surveys may seem tedious or unnecessary, especially if you have had a positive experience, but without your letting us know what things we did well and where we can improve, we may fall short of the goals we set for our practice.  If you are selected to complete a survey of our practice, we would all greatly appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we did.

Dr. Meng's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Medical Oncology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

• Patient's Choice Award, 2008
    • Patient's Choice Award, 2009
    • America's Top Ten Oncologists, 2009

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Meng's Board Certifications

• Breast Cancer
  • ENT Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Eye Cancer
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Genetic Diseases

Completed in 2004

Louisiana State University

Graduated in 1990

Millsaps College

Dr. Meng does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meng and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Medical Oncology