Dr. Lesley Anderson, MD

Dr. Lesley Anderson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Female
Dr. Lesley Anderson, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Francisco, CA. She has been practicing for 41 years. Read her story

2100 Webster St Ste 309

San Francisco, CA 94115

• AvMed
  • Brown & Toland Physicians
  • Health Net of California
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Anderson

See how frequently Dr. Anderson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Anderson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Anderson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Anderson " Dr. Anderson received her B.S. at Penn State and completed her M.D. at Hershey Medical School (Penn State). Dr. Anderson completed her Orthopedic Residency at UCLA and was their first female orthopedic resident. She completed a fellowship in Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine in 1983. Since moving to San Francisco in 1985, Dr. Anderson has specialized in treating only knee and shoulder problems. She has been listed in Castle-Connelly's "America's Top Doctors" yearly from 2000 to the present. She recently was awarded the California Orthopedic Association Tipton Leadership Award. Dr. Anderson is Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at UCSF and is active in teaching medical students and residents. She has lectured extensively both nationally and internationally on biologic resurfacing techniques of the knee for the past 25 years. She is actively researching the benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma in treating orthopedic injuries. Dr. Anderson is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America as well as the first woman member of SICOT, a prestigious international organization of Orthopedic Surgeons. She currently is Chair of the Quality Assurance Committee at CPMC and is Chair of the Workers Compensation Committee for the California Orthopedic Association and on the Board of Directors of COA."

This content was provided by Dr. Anderson "I believe as physicians we must always remember what it feels like to be a patient. I had several knee surgeries in high school as an athlete,  specifically lacrosse and field hockey and the experience has helped me develop into the doctor that I try to be.  I try to be compassionate and caring, even though I am very focused on the issues that brings the patient into the office. I believe in educating patients about their problem so the decision for surgery is collaborative, and the patient ultimately has the final decision. I believe that surgery can be a very vunerable process, and education and support by my entire wonderful staff is paramount to an excellent outcome. I am very fortunate to have excellent staff from the person who answers the phone, to my medical assistant, to our surgery scheduler, who helps walk a patient through the complex process of scheduling, having and healing after surgery.  I have  specialized in treating only knee and shoulder problems since I finished my fellowship in 1984, and continually try to stay on the leading edge of treating cartilage problems, arthritis in the young patient, and ways to avoid arthritis in the first place. I am very fortunate to work at a craft that continually stimulates my curiosity and provides me the opportunity to help patients return to health and wellness. "

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery

• Ligament Reconstruction
  • Meniscal Allograft Transplant
  • Meniscectomy
  • Meniscus Transplantation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Stem Cell Therapy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Penn State
  • UCLA Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Precept Me Blazina
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Anderson has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Anderson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anderson to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Anderson's Performance
in Redwood City |
Dr Anderson is AWESOME. I was referred to her for a torn rotator cuff. When surgery was required pre op and surgery could not have gone more smoothly. I remember coming to after surgery and having Dr Anderson apologize that I would have a little scar because there was significant damage to my cuff and bicep tendon requiring a more in-depth repair than the alternative. Post op was a breeze. She and her staff were always available and professional. Amazing experience :)
in San Francisco, CA |
Leslie is unprofessional, filches money off her patients, and runs an equally unprofessional staff of gossipy manipulators. Dr Anderson’s receptionists made many mistakes. The first was stating that they don’t accept my insurance. This turned out to be on purpose. They also failed to obtain my medical records; told me this right before my appointment. They said they'd request them after my first visit. Then they canceled my appointment. I asked Leslie and she refused to try resolve this.
Oakland, CA |
I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. Dr. Anderson has gentle caring hands, I didn't really require any pain medication after my procedures. Without pain I was able to recover and heal faster- it allowed me to start my icing and PT exercises the following day. Overall my experience was excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Anderson.
Have you seen Dr. Lesley Anderson, MD?
Are you Dr. Anderson?