Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 51

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Westfield, NJ and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Catholic University of Santiago De Guayaquil / Faculty of Medicine medical school in 1995. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Bolona's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bolona's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent

Dr. Bolona performs Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Bolona performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Bolona performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Bolona performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Bolona's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Bolona accepts

Dr. Bolona accepts the following insurance:

Select
National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
We do not accept health insurance

Dr. Bolona's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bolona

3.0

Dr. Bolona

Dr Bolona seemed very caring and knowledgeable at the initial consultation and I initially thought I would enjoy working with him. The staff did not call me back even after multiple attempts to reach the office. When my HSA card didn’t work to pay, I was treated rudely. When I brought this to Dr Bolona’s attention, he dismissed my concerns. I chose to see a different doctor and would not recommend him or his office.
Astra – Dec 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD?
Dr. Bolona isn’t really the problem here but he needs to make some serious adjustments to his office when it comes to the staff and the lack of respect shown to the time of patients. His receptionist is unhelpful and terse and tried to gaslight me into believing that I’d been informed that they didn’t have my meds in stock when I hadn’t. I’ve had to jump through hoops to get the medication I desperately need for my severe depression. I only continued to use his office because he took my insurance and very few doctors administer the medication I need. Dealing with his office staff has been terrible. I know they can’t control whether that insurance company allows the meds to be sent but the I was met with rudeness and disrespect when I came in for my appointment which I had not been notified had been cancelled. One of the several nurses who administered my medication was lovely and extremely helpful. My understanding is she is no longer there. Everyone else has been of little to no help.
Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD?
I took my daughter in for a gene test that I was told Dr Bolona was able to give. His receptionist Melissa knew we were going in for the test, gave me a price but then asked if I wanted a long appointment. What she failed to tell me is that the appointment cost $670! Now we go to the appointment but they don’t have the test in stock, but of course the dr prescribes my daughter a new med and since she is almost 18 he makes a point of telling me that I have no rights in regard to what meds she wants to take. Ok so appointment is over, I am told the gene test will be ordered for the next appointment and Melissa tells me she will email me a receipt for the $670 appointment. Well I never got a receipt. Ok so we go to the next appointment, but they still don’t have the test. The appointment takes 15 minutes the charge is $200 and the meds he prescribed turned my daughter into a zombie. Melissa tells me I don’t need receipt if my ins won’t pay. I would stay far away from this dr! Deceptive!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD?
Dr. Bolona has never listened to my concerns regarding medications. He has charged my insurance company even when i haven't been to his office. He is only in the office one night a week and even though I have been on the same medication for over 2 years he still requires me to see him monthly and I am literally in his office for two minutes. Hence why I have started working with someone else.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 19, 2018
Amazing doctor!
Laura in Millburn, NJ – Jun 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD?
Dr. Bolona is attentive and empathic.
Stephanie in Summit, NJ – Jun 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leopold Bolona, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bolona?