Dr. Leonid Sorkin, MD

Dr. Leonid Sorkin, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Leonid H. Sorkin, M.D. is an Obstetrician / Gynecologist (OBGYN) serving the area of Brooklyn, NY for more than 19 years. Dr. Sorkin is a professional member of the New York Medical Society, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Medical Association and the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.

The Center for Womens Health

2829 Ocean Pkwy Ste 3

Brooklyn, NY 11235

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Sorkin

Dr. Sorkin’s Center for Women’s Health team is comprised of Board Certified OB/GYN physicians who partner with women of all ages to address the full extent of their healthcare needs. We have both male and female OB-GYNs so you can receive the most personalized care. Dr. Sorkin built his office with his patients in mind, because he wants you to feel at home.

Here, there are no surprises in your medical care. You will always know who will be taking care of you – a dedicated team of professionals made up of board certified Physicians and the friendly faces at the Front Desk. We work diligently to give you our undivided attention and make your entire experience as comfortable as possible – from your first phone call to your follow up visits.

We are a team committed to providing services that set the standard in patient care. Our Center houses six spacious state-of-the-art exam rooms and a welcoming reception area, all of which are wheelchair accessible. For your convenience, both our locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan are only minutes away from the subway and bus lines. Our offices are open Monday through Friday, and late appointments are available to best accommodate your needs.

Dr. Sorkin's Experience

Dr. Sorkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Cervicitis
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Infertility

• C-Section
  • Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Sympathectomy
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Sackler School of Medicine - M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Obstetrics and Gynecology - Stamford Hospital

Dr. Sorkin has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew
  • Russian

Dr. Sorkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sorkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sorkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sorkin to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Sorkin's Performance
    GOOD
Dr. Leonod Sorkin is an amazing Doctor. He safe my life. He is my doctor for last 7 years. Staff is amazing.
in Brooklyn, NY |
PREGNANT WOMEN BEWARE! I'm pregnant with our first child and my experience at Dr. Sorkin's office was so horrendous, I'm never going back. I booked his Jay St. location using ZocDoc. BIG mistake. Primary complaints: very disorganized environment, unreasonably long wait time, rushed visit, lack luster facility and rude staff. Beware his Jay St. location. He doesn't work out of it, but lists it on his site as if he does. You will only get to see a Physician's Assistant there. Very frustrating.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Amazing doctor! We would like to express our heart felt gratitude to Dr. Sorkin and his amazing staff who have helped us in the journey towards achieving parenthood! You'll never be forgotten for the thoughtfulness you've shown!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Stay away! 7 month pregnant and did not see a doctor once since coming to his office for care. Had an abnormal test results, and no one notified me (anemia), which I found about after syncope. When came the next time to the office, office staff (administrative, not medical) tried to tell me it was normal for a pregnant female. Stay away!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I wish I could leav 0 stars. I went there for abnormal bleeding and saw the PA Larisa who declined giving me a sonogram and offered bc pills which I declined. She told me to schedule w Dr. Sorkin. Come back the week after to see Dr. Sorkin. They place in the room with Larisa. I says I am here to see Dr. Sorkin. They say they made a mistake and I am scheduled with Larisa and if I want I can schedule for another day. I said no I am going to see him today. I took off a day and I am not leaving.
in NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Sorkin since 2002. When the time came for me to start a family, who else would I choose but him? I traveled from NJ to his Brooklyn office. Yes, the wait may be long, but he is well worth it! My husband asked me to pick someone close to us, but I refused. After birth of my 1st child, my husband never asked me that again. Two more kids, several procedures later, I stick to my choice. Dr Sorkin has wonderful hands, handles critical situations amazingly well.
in Forest Hills, NY |
Dr. Sorkin provides exceptional service and my opinion one of the best gynecologist in the field. He is very caring and takes time with his patience making you feel that you are the most important patient to him. There is usually a wait to see him since he is very popular and good. However, he is definitely worth the wait. I would recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Leonid Sorkin, MD?

Visit Dr. Sorkin

Dr. Sorkin accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Sorkin has admitting privileges