Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD

Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 42

Telehealth services available

Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL. Dr. Vazquez has more experience with Gynecologic Care than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Plantation General Hospital and Memorial Hospital West. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vazquez to book an appointment.

Gentle Gynecology & Obstetrics

New Patient?
All Women's Healthcare of Weston & Pines Inc603 N Flamingo Rd Ste 360a Pembroke Pines, FL 33028

• Friendly Staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Vazquez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vazquez

3.6

Dr. Vazquez?
  • Office environment (24)
  • Appointment scheduling (22)
  • Listened & answered questions (21)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
It took over a month to be informed of my results from my previous visit. It was explained to me that the reason for the delay was because of COVID 19.
Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
He suggested for a C-Section to me though my baby has a normal weight. He still pursued me about the C-Section although I told me I do not like.
Lena – May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I would not recommend going to him. I felt very uncomfortable when he had to do vaginal exam twice while I'm in early pregnancy. It was so uncalled for. I requested for an ultrasound and they do not have a stand by US tech at that time. I decided not to come back to his office again.
  • Long wait times
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I am a very grateful patient of Dr. Catalano. Since day one I entered that office I was impressed with the cleanliness, professionalism and friendliness of the staff. I went for a routine check-up and as the majority of women this is not our favorite place to visit. I have to say that once I met Dr. Catalano I felt like I knew him for years. He was so professional and explained every thing prior to the routine check-up which actually made me relax. I was also impressed that he knew my medical history prior to entering the exam room which means he actually read my medical history questionnaire. He was so knowledgeable answering every single of my questions. I would like to thank the whole office staff for such great job and a special thank you for Millie. I would like to give Dr. Catalano a SUPERIOR rating for his knowledge, professionalism and for being a great human being. This is definitely the Doctor to choose. Thank you , once again Millie and Dr. Catalano !!
Ivis O. FLores in Miami, FL – May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I went to have a pre-natal check-up with Dr. Catalano because I was 26 weeks gestation and he had to do a manual vaginal exam on me though I refused then he said that eventually, he will has to do it because he will deliver my baby. He could have given me an option to have an ultrasoud rather than putting his hand inside me but he did give me an option.
Apr 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Dr. Catalano is hands down the best doctor! He made the entire process of my pregnancy absolutely relaxing, comfortable, and easy. My family and I were very pleased with the way he handled the delivery & he was ALWAYS there to answer all my questions... even if they were ridiculous! He’s very personable, honest & not pushy or judgemental whatsoever. I can’t thank my old gyno enough for recommending me to him for an OB. I’ll continue to use him!
Taylor Heitner in Plantation , FL – Jan 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Absolute pleasure!! His staff and fellow doctors are wonderful. The took care of my nervous wife while she was pregnant from day one all the way through delivery even though it was late on Christmas Eve. He made sure he explained everything to my wife and made sure we were comfortable and understood everything prior to leaving the office. He also works with Dr. Augustino and Dr. Achille who are equally as knowledgeable and kind. Thank you Dr. Catalano, if we have another child he will be the Dr.
Daniel Larsen in Sunrise, FL – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Dr.Catalano is an amazing professional he’s patient and caring. So greatful to have found a doctor who takes his time to answer all my questions and concerns regarding my hysterectomy. He put my worries at ease and made certain I felt completely sure and confident about the procedure I was about to go through. He was always pleasant and reassuring.
Marlyn M in Hollywood , FL – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Dr. Catalano is an Outstanding provider and an incredible human being. His knowledge, dedication and attention to detail is second to none! He was very respectful and made sure I was comfortable every step of the way. Unlike other Doctors who seem annoyed when you ask a lot of questions, Dr.Catalano is eager to answer and teach. My husband attended every appointment with me and Dr. Catalano always made sure my husband felt included in every procedure, question and conversation.
Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Dr. Catalano made the most unnecessary c-section on me! They had it all planned out with ultrasound lady who said my daughter is too big! Catalano said if I do natural labor it’s going to be too hard for me and my baby so they schedule c-section. It was our first baby so we obviously trusted him. My daughter was born 7.2 lb and after they measured her doctor said “well, she has a big had it would be hard labor” which she didn’t, she was so little . STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!
Oct 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I was very well pleased with my first visit with this Dr. Everyone was exuded friendliness and efficiency . Dr. Catalano was made me feel comfortable and was very easy to talk to. He is awesome!
Jul 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Dr.Catalano was able to explain my condition, and took the time to do so. He was confident but also sensitive to my concerns. He was able to perform my procedure without any complication. Excellent Dr. and extremely Knowledge and helpful.
Natasha Jimenez – Jul 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I had a horrible labor experience with Dr. Catalano. Dr. Achille was my primary doctor but she was unable to deliver my son. Dr. Catalano wanted to rush me into a c-section with no medical proof that I needed one. Thank goodness I had nurses who stood up for me and we fought for what was right. I ended up having a natural labor and a healthy baby boy. I was very happy with my care from Dr. Achille but when you are pregnant you need to be sure you are happy with all of the doctors in the practice
Jen in PEMBROKE Pines, FL – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Dr. Catalano delivered my nephew and we had a terrible experience. My brother, who is a marine, states that he has had bad days and his son's birthday was not the best....because of the doctor. See, my sister in law really wanted to have a vaginal delivery and the doctor insisted in having a C-Section. At one point, the doctor stood againts the wall and the nurses were the ones who actually helped the new mother. When my brother complaint about the doctor, they found out so had the nurses.
Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I followed Dr. Catalano to his new practice, which is way farther from my house. Dr. Catalano aggressively handled my precancerous cells, was patient in waiting out a blighted ovum to see if it was going to be a baby (it wasn’t but I appreciated him not rushing for a d&c). He was my doctor when I successfully carried my child, scheduled my induction for a date he was the on call doctor, came in on his day off to circumcise my son. He really is a caring doctor, and very good person.
Sarah in Plantation – Nov 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I found this Dr. very arrogant. I had a very difficult pregnancy and every single time he was the on call Dr. he gave me attitude when he had to call me back. When I had my close calls in the hospital and he was the on call Dr. I never even got a visit or phone call from him asking if I was OK. There were also a few different times I never got a phone call back when he was the on call Dr. and i would call after work hours. I am so glad he was not there when I delivered.
Nicole W in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
I followed Dr. Catalano from his previous practice. He is experienced and extremely knowledgeable and up to date on the latest treatment options available quoting studies, etc. He was honest and spent time answering my questions. Highly recommend.
A in FL – Jan 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?
Often seems to be in a rush and forgets stuff. In general very nice though.
Plantation – Jan 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonardo Vazquez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vazquez?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Vazquez

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Vazquez treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Vazquez treats other conditions, please contact the office at (954) 436-7667.

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Dr. Vazquez typically treats 68% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Yeast Infections
Perimenopause
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
Symptomatic Menopause

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Multiple Gestation
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Ureteral Stones
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uterine Cancer
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Venous Thrombosis and Phlebitis in Pregnancy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Vazquez accepts

Dr. Vazquez accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)