Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD

Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

The patient needs to be treated with respect. Their voice must be heard. If these are accomplished then all will be well.

The most important person in the exam room or procedure room is the patient. It is that person who all my focus is on to give the best care possible and to make the most accurate diagnosis. Only in this way can I give the maximal treatment.

Dr. Weinstock's Experience

See how Dr. Weinstock's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Weinstock

Dr. Weinstock accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Weinstock has admitting privileges.

Dr. Weinstock's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weinstock to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Weinstock Says:

Feel free to leave comments about my care. If there are concerns call or email me so they can be addressed immediately.

Dr. Weinstock's Performance
in St Louis, MO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Weinstock for 25+ years. He is a professional, very smart, knowledgeable & has years of experience. He chose to become a doctor and he chose his field. He genuinely cares for all his patients and will do whatever it takes to help you. The staff is doing all they can. They have to deal with the day to day bureaucracy of modern healthcare. For simple questions, refills, appointments, skip the phone call, use their NextMD email system. You will get an answer.
in Creve Coeur |
Dr, weinstock is bright, innovative, listens carefully. does not do unnecessary procedures.
in Indianapolis, IN |
After 2 years of severe food intolerance/weight loss, and seeing many specialists, I traveled to see Dr. Weinstock—suspecting I had SIBO. Within minutes, he had checked off a list of other possible disorders, and gave me a list of diagnostic tests to perform. It was an efficient and productive appointment, and I left feeling hopeful. Back home, he was responsive and willing to consult with my local doctors. The staff at SIG were efficient and helpful as well, I couldn’t have asked for more.
in Chesterfield, MO |
I have been under the care of Dr. Weinstock for the past 10 months. After unsuccessful treatment with another doctor I had been seeing for many years , I finally got under control with some extremely unconventional medicines. Dr. Weinstock was patient, thoughtful , and very attentive to my needs . With the assistance of a very great physician assistant who also answered all my questions and never hesitated to have me come in and talk to them concerning my treatment. I would recommend them
in Springfield, MO |
Dr. Weinstock is the most caring and concerned Gastroenterologist I have ever been to in the number of years I have had my gastric issues. He answers all my questions even on the weekends and evenings through email correspondence, he is very knowledgeable and has gone above and beyond to help me with my very complex digestive system. I would definitely recommend him and his office to anyone looking for answers that has yet to be helped by their current physician.
Madison County, IL |
Dr. Weinstock listens well to patient questions and concerns. I was also able to get needed prescriptions promptly.
in Farmington, MO |
Dr. Weinstock was very patient and attentive. I was very impressed that he addressed all my health concerns personably and did not just give me a "cookie cutter" treatment- write a script and send me out the door kind of ordeal. He expressed desire to see my health improve and went out of his way to connect me to the resources I needed. Very invested in his patients. The staff were phenomenal! Brought my 3 yr old and they treated her like a princess.
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr. Weinstock has helped me over the last 20 years. He is a very caring doctor that works hard to help find a solution to the gastrointestinal issues you are having.
in St Louis, MO |
For years I suffered from Anemia & frequent black & bloody stools. I had been to several doctors, had colonoscopies, endoscopies, etc., and none could diagnose the source or cause of my bleeding. Most doctors gave up & I was left frustrated, scared and dealing with this on my own. Dr. Weinstock was different. He genuinely cared & was determined to help me. He kept in contact with me, gave clear guidance & figured it out! Thank you Dr. Weinstock, you have greatly improved the quality of my life.
in Jefferson City, MO |
Dr. Weinstock gave me back my life. Before I found him I had a Dr. That had me eating only Yogurt,chicken and fish, for 18 months. Not one vegetable or fruit grain in my diet. Dr W. took the time to listen, confer with. Others and developed a plan that fit my symptoms and did extensive testing to give me a normal diet that controlled my sydtem.
in St. Louis, MO |
Knowledgeable, empathetic, well connected and compassionate are a few words to describe Dr. W and his staff. The demands on doctors these days keep increasing. Dr. W is up to date with the latest and greatest therapy's and always gives the BEST care to his patients.He's treated me for 23+ years. He is the ONLY reason I'm able to lead a productive life while battling a very serious condition with Crohn's disease.If patients do their part, Dr. W can do his part. Thanks for being on my TEAM Dr.W!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Weinstock has been my GI doc for 10 years. He is caring and attentive and well versed in current treatments and protocols. His office is incredibly well run, which makes visits a pleasure.
I like that Dr. Weinstock will communicate through email with his patients. He will also help patients obtain financial assistance if prescribed an expensive drug not covered by insurance. I believe that Dr. Weinstock is a good doctor, and very knowledgeable. I do however think he is oblivious to the behavior of his office staff. Latonya is especially rude. She really needs to be in a position with no contact with the public. Trish is also not very compassionate or caring.
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr. Weinstock shows no real interest in his patients. I question his medical ethics. His staff is rude and has no business working in a medical office.
in Hazelwood, MO |
I had two encounters with Dr.Weinstock both of which I felt relieved that I had chosen the right physician. The first was a colonoscopy that found a cancerous tumor that was removed before it spread. A follow-up procedure a year later found nothing. The second encounter was a partially blocked lower bowel which is treated with three options. The first and easiest option was an antibiotic which happily worked for me.
in Chesterfield, MO |
I only saw Dr. Weinstock once as he had my records from my prior GI specialist who left his practice for Dallas, TX. I visited Dr. Weinstock as he is well known in the St. Louis medical field given his focus also on SIBO and rosacea. SIBO negative but they never told me the results. Rosacea...see a dermatologist. He offered me no real solutions. I was generally not satisfied with the staff being unfriendly, or on the phone with outright rudeness. I found a new GI instead as did my mother.
My novel approach to rosacea is to look for bacterial overgrowth. If it is present then a new option to treatment is possible. If the testing is negative then routine dermatologic care is the only other choice.
Have you seen Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?

Compare Dr. Weinstock

Dr. Weinstock's Care Philosophy

Dr. Weinstock says...

Irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, colonoscopy and polyp removal, and restless legs syndrome, rosacea, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I have a vast experience treating inflammation with low dose naltrexone (LDN) since 2005 and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth since 2000.

Dr. Weinstock says...

I have expertise in colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. Since 2007 I have taught these skills to others and have published my research on techniques and findings in endoscopic procedures.

Dr. Weinstock says...

Dr. Weinstock's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Weinstock has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Weinstock's Board Certifications

• Food Poisoning
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine

Completed in 1987

University of Vermont

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Weinstock does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weinstock and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures