Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD

Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry in 1977 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.Read his story

11525 Olde Cabin Rd

Saint Louis, MO 63141

• HealthLink

Dr. Weinstock accepts

Dr. Weinstock accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Gold
Gold Choice
Medicare Advantage
Medicare Advantage HMO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Weinstock's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • E. coli Food Poisoning
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Vomiting Disorders

The patient needs to be treated with respect. Their voice must be heard. If these are accomplished then all will be well.

• Gastroenterology

3.8

Dr. Weinstock?
Dr. Weinstock's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD
He accepted my daughter as a patient and appt. scheduled. Sent records from 2014 (it is now 2018) from Wash U that was a horrible experience. If she would have continued there she wouldn’t have lived. She had sphincter of oddi dysfunction that was later diagnosed at Mayo and fixed in 2015. She has a total different issue that is MCAS related. I thought he would be the best for her, but because of the documentation in the chart he canceled her appt. I am so disappointed that he could care less.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock has had such a positive impact on my journey from sickness to health. He consistently takes the time to address my concerns and provide useful insight into different and alternative approaches and plans of care. I would highly recommend Dr. Weinstock to anyone needing a knowledgeable, hardworking, dedicated, considerate, and skilled physician for their GI needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
He is the only GI doctor that was able to put the pieces together and realize that all my GI symptoms were due to EDS, POTS, and MCAS. Other GI doctors had never heard of these conditions. He has come up with a treatment plan that has bettered my quality of life. He is compassionate and always takes the time to listen to his patients. He was a speaker this year at the POTS seminar!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Weinstock for 25+ years. He is a professional, very smart, knowledgeable & has years of experience. He chose to become a doctor and he chose his field. He genuinely cares for all his patients and will do whatever it takes to help you. The staff is doing all they can. They have to deal with the day to day bureaucracy of modern healthcare. For simple questions, refills, appointments, skip the phone call, use their NextMD email system. You will get an answer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr, weinstock is bright, innovative, listens carefully. does not do unnecessary procedures.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
After 2 years of severe food intolerance/weight loss, and seeing many specialists, I traveled to see Dr. Weinstock—suspecting I had SIBO. Within minutes, he had checked off a list of other possible disorders, and gave me a list of diagnostic tests to perform. It was an efficient and productive appointment, and I left feeling hopeful. Back home, he was responsive and willing to consult with my local doctors. The staff at SIG were efficient and helpful as well, I couldn’t have asked for more.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
I have been under the care of Dr. Weinstock for the past 10 months. After unsuccessful treatment with another doctor I had been seeing for many years , I finally got under control with some extremely unconventional medicines. Dr. Weinstock was patient, thoughtful , and very attentive to my needs . With the assistance of a very great physician assistant who also answered all my questions and never hesitated to have me come in and talk to them concerning my treatment. I would recommend them
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock is the most caring and concerned Gastroenterologist I have ever been to in the number of years I have had my gastric issues. He answers all my questions even on the weekends and evenings through email correspondence, he is very knowledgeable and has gone above and beyond to help me with my very complex digestive system. I would definitely recommend him and his office to anyone looking for answers that has yet to be helped by their current physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock listens well to patient questions and concerns. I was also able to get needed prescriptions promptly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock was very patient and attentive. I was very impressed that he addressed all my health concerns personably and did not just give me a "cookie cutter" treatment- write a script and send me out the door kind of ordeal. He expressed desire to see my health improve and went out of his way to connect me to the resources I needed. Very invested in his patients. The staff were phenomenal! Brought my 3 yr old and they treated her like a princess.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock has helped me over the last 20 years. He is a very caring doctor that works hard to help find a solution to the gastrointestinal issues you are having.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
For years I suffered from Anemia & frequent black & bloody stools. I had been to several doctors, had colonoscopies, endoscopies, etc., and none could diagnose the source or cause of my bleeding. Most doctors gave up & I was left frustrated, scared and dealing with this on my own. Dr. Weinstock was different. He genuinely cared & was determined to help me. He kept in contact with me, gave clear guidance & figured it out! Thank you Dr. Weinstock, you have greatly improved the quality of my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock gave me back my life. Before I found him I had a Dr. That had me eating only Yogurt,chicken and fish, for 18 months. Not one vegetable or fruit grain in my diet. Dr W. took the time to listen, confer with. Others and developed a plan that fit my symptoms and did extensive testing to give me a normal diet that controlled my sydtem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Knowledgeable, empathetic, well connected and compassionate are a few words to describe Dr. W and his staff. The demands on doctors these days keep increasing. Dr. W is up to date with the latest and greatest therapy's and always gives the BEST care to his patients.He's treated me for 23+ years. He is the ONLY reason I'm able to lead a productive life while battling a very serious condition with Crohn's disease.If patients do their part, Dr. W can do his part. Thanks for being on my TEAM Dr.W!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock has been my GI doc for 10 years. He is caring and attentive and well versed in current treatments and protocols. His office is incredibly well run, which makes visits a pleasure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
I like that Dr. Weinstock will communicate through email with his patients. He will also help patients obtain financial assistance if prescribed an expensive drug not covered by insurance. I believe that Dr. Weinstock is a good doctor, and very knowledgeable. I do however think he is oblivious to the behavior of his office staff. Latonya is especially rude. She really needs to be in a position with no contact with the public. Trish is also not very compassionate or caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
Dr. Weinstock shows no real interest in his patients. I question his medical ethics. His staff is rude and has no business working in a medical office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
I had two encounters with Dr.Weinstock both of which I felt relieved that I had chosen the right physician. The first was a colonoscopy that found a cancerous tumor that was removed before it spread. A follow-up procedure a year later found nothing. The second encounter was a partially blocked lower bowel which is treated with three options. The first and easiest option was an antibiotic which happily worked for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?
I only saw Dr. Weinstock once as he had my records from my prior GI specialist who left his practice for Dallas, TX. I visited Dr. Weinstock as he is well known in the St. Louis medical field given his focus also on SIBO and rosacea. SIBO negative but they never told me the results. Rosacea...see a dermatologist. He offered me no real solutions. I was generally not satisfied with the staff being unfriendly, or on the phone with outright rudeness. I found a new GI instead as did my mother.
My novel approach to rosacea is to look for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leonard Weinstock, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Weinstock?

Specialists In Gastroenterology

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Weinstock treats patients.

Barnes Jewish Hospital