Dr. Leonard Lado, MD

Dr. Leonard Lado, MD

Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Leonard Lado, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in Bonita Springs, FL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Read his story

9776 Bonita Beach Rd SE Ste 202B

Bonita Springs, FL 34135

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Lado

Dr. Lado's Experience

Dr. Lado's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Lado's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lado "As my studies progressed, I began to notice that society had a vital need for physicians and allied health professionals to treat addiction and its consequences. Thus, there were many professional opportunities created that were geared toward this specialty. By default, in order to truly address the needs of my patients, the treatment of addictions became a prime focus during the development of my specialization. Drug rehab almost always requires the management of other conditions, such as depression and anxiety. Addiction becomes the logical consequence for sufferers who self medicate to seek relief from, instead of proactively treat, illnesses that have continued to evolve since childhood. The stigma and negative media stereotypes are much to be blamed for these self destructive choices and behaviors, along with our impulses for immediate gratification. The metaphor, "no pain, no gain" is nonexistent in the addict's mind since the solitary focus, through the use of drugs and alcohol, is simply to hide the pain."

This content was provided by Dr. Lado "I would like to thank the many patients who have shared their lives and taught me a great deal about medicine and psychiatry through their struggles and triumph. Many of the testimonials come through their experiences in drug rehab and outpatient treatment. However I have to caution you with reviews from fake websites that use negative reputation to draw business. Many of these websites are owned by shady companies and that hire professional fake patients to draw business. They want the physicians to pay up to $200 dollars per month to remove negative false information. The best source of physician information is the state board websites. Many patient who have addictions have doctor shopping behaviors and when they do not get their drugs of addiction, these type of patient retaliate but writing negative reviews. I have added their simple letters of testimonials. "

• Addiction Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Parasomnias
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis

• Arnold and Marie Schwartz College Of Pharmacy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Universidad Del Noreste, Escuela De Medicina 'dr Jose Sierra Flores'
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

• Various News Paper Interviews, 2006
  • Principal and Subinvestigator, 2006
  • Various Radio Stations,
  • Various TV Programs,

Dr. Lado does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lado and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lado's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lado to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Lado's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
I only saw Dr Lado in the Willoughby Rehab facility but he saved my life. I can't thank him enough. He knows what he is doing and is excellent at it. If more people would take his suggestion and listen they too would feel better. He knows what he is doing when it comes to prescribing & getting you off unnecessary med's. I guess I have said enough except thank you.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
I saw this doctor last in 2011-2014.First of all I literally Sat in waiting room for over 2-31/2 hrs on average. He is very irraggant, he rarely lets u explain anything about you. Your in and out of his office after waiting all that time to see him. How can someone diagnosis you when they don't listen to what's going on with you. I always was getting billed from that office for stuff that i shouldn't of got billed for. It was a nightmarish experience when I was hoping to get helped out somewhat.
Mr. Mancuso please note that by leaving your name here in plain sight you have just admitted to being treated in a specialist office that deals with addictions and psychiatric disorders. Mr. Mancuso you have not been in my practice for 3 years. Your last visit was June 2014 so why did you post such a derogatory comment for in March 2017 three years later. Shame on you! what is your intention. All your doing is giving fake information to those people wanting to seek help for their condition.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Update: I went to pick up my prescription at Publix and he wrote the prescription wrong (dosage way too high for body to handle). I called and asked for a new script and told them I would come pick it up and he refused to write it and said he wrote it that way on purpose. I will not be taking the drug because I know it will make me sick and my body will not be able to tolerate it. Please save your time and money and find a different doctor.
Gabrielle If you recall, I told you that I do not prescribe The medication you wanted because it's highly addictive and you came to me because no other doctors would write your prescription. You also told me you are intolerant to all of the medications that help for attention deficit so out of courtesy I prescribe the same dose that you been taken into you find another doctor. So I'm not quite sure what the state of New York has to do with your evaluation in my office.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Wait time was over an hour and a half. The receptionist told me on the phone that he would continue to write my ADHD medication but then when I finally got into his office he told me no right away. He wanted to start me on a new medication when I have been stable on a certain medication for about ten 8 years. He was very rude and insulted my home state (New York). He barely made eye contact with me and took about three minutes to even say anything when I first sat down in his office...
in Naples, FL |
Awful experience, do not go to Dr. Lado. He is always late for apt. 1 1/2 hours wait time at best. He is rushed and does not care about you at all. All he cares about is money and having a million patients to pay him. He does not ask how you are doing. First visit you just take a test online and then he will diagnose you after that. No therapy at all. 10 min in office with him if that. He is rude and does not make eye contact. I did not receive any therapy what so ever.
in Naples, FL |
He's been very helpful in my life to the point I conceded he saved it !!!!!!! THANK YOU DR. LADO RON D.
in Naples, FL |
Worst experience. Waited 2 hrs and 20 min in waiting room on first visit. Once Dr. Lado came in, he spent 10 min with me, never even making eye contact with me. Instead he stared at his CPU. Wrote a couple of scipts and walked away without even saying goodbye. Then turned me over to his front desk staff. If you want a script for drugs and willing to wait 2+ hrs, he's the guy. If you want help, find someone else. One star is an understatement of how bad it was.
Have you seen Dr. Leonard Lado, MD?

Visit Dr. Lado