Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO

Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO

Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine | Male

Osteopathic Wellness Medicine of Western New York 235 S Elmwood Ave Ste 120, Buffalo, NY 14201 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My mission is to provide premier, personalized medical care that alleviates pain, restores function of the spine and limb joints and wellness of the mind and body You are the perfect patient for the Osteopathic Wellness Medicine of Western New York if: You seek a non surgical approach to your condition You have problems with the spine, upper and lower limb joints, have nerve pain, or suffer from chronic daily headaches You care about your physical health and healthy aging, and are looking for a comprehensive wellness approach to maintain and improve your functionRead more

Dr. Kaplan's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kaplan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kaplan

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Kaplan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Kaplan

Dr. Kaplan's Review Details
3.7 based on 27 responses
Experience with Dr. Kaplan
Dr. Kaplan's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (23)
Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO says

I would like to thank my patients for providing feed back that will be shared with others. As a professional I am always eager to learn and take all feed back as a valuable educational tool. I am presently working at two locations:

1.DENT neurological institute where I see patients under insurance for chronic spine, joint and nerve problems. One of my specialties  is treatment of headaches and chronic muscle spasms of neck and limbs with Botox. This is a valuable, conservative and effective tool that is frequently required before implementation of exercise. Most of the time by the time patients see me for an initial consultation they have already tried many other treatments and exercise based treatments and not benefited from them. I use an EMG evaluation of cervical muscles to be certain that the muscles are in an actual spasm and therefore would benefit from the Botox therapy.

2. Osteopathic Wellness Medicine of Western New York, where concierge services include Prolotherapy and PRP

in Dillon, CO |
I suffered for a year with 3 previous doctors misdiagnosing my condition. Dr. Kaplan within moments gave me hope that there was a cure! I had pain in my hand due to a build up of calcium crystals causing extreme swelling and pain. I was told by other docs nothing COULD BE DONE! I had to live with the pain, everyday. Dr. Kaplan has state of the art technology that cured my painful problem. He worked on my knee and my bone spurs too! I HIGHLY recommend him for all your wellness needs.
in Holland, NY |
I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders. One had a full thickness tear. Dr. Kaplan has treated them with PRP and Prolo therapy. New tissue has formed. Even the full thickness tear has healed! I have avoided surgery and was able to continue working (carefully) during treatment. I strongly recommend seeking his console for what ails you. Alternative treatments are not vudu. They are leading edge treatments to problems that fail to be successfully treated by more generally accepted means.
in Rochester, NY |
I would recommend DR.Kaplan to anyone with back,knee,arm or any joint injuries.Prolotherapy and PRP work wonders.I had been going yo chiropractors for years.My sacrial and right knee needed work to heal the problem.I had a bad knee injury a year ago.Dr Kaplan did PRP and prolo.It has worked very well.I go back every few months for added therapy to keep the areas healthy.I have stopped going to chiropractors.Sometimes injuries just do not heal back properly.Prolo and PRP regenerate the areas.
in Buffalo, NY |
He is very attentive and got me out of severe pain when three other doctors told me that I would just have to live with it. I wish I had met him before I had back surgery. I think it could have been avoided.
New York, NY |
I was having hip pain. Dr Kaplan was very helpful at identifying problem and advising what to do.
in Buffalo, NY |
For over 20 years, I have suffered with generalized chronic pain that no physician could explain or treat me for, especially in my neck. After being in acar accident in 2004, my neck pain worsened significantly. No chiropractor or physician could cure the problem. I saw Dr. Kaplan, who diagnosed me with dystonia by and EMG, and treated me with Botox. The results have been amazing, and my cervical flare ups have diminished dramatically! No cure for dystonia, but this treatment is wonderful!
I was diagnosed with 4 cervical herniations and 5 thoracic herniations. Dr Kaplan changed my diagnoses to facet joint syndrome or something. He prescribed injections. He scraped my joint to the point I could hear it scrape like 20 times. Since that injection I have had jaw pain. My neck and midback are in chronic pain and I refuse all narcotics and most pain meds. Pain is an indicator that something is wrong. I do not want to mute the impulses of my nervous system.
in Tonawanda, NY |
Referred to Dr. K. by Neurologist. I have spinal stenosis that is very painful also have pain from a knee replacement gone bad. Both are very painful and impair my daily activities. Initially Dr, Kaplan seemed to have a good plan. He injected my back under ultrasound.2 weeks later my knee.The third apt. quick ultrasound of knee then wanted me to join his new ortho/yoga center and his concierge practice Told him I was still in pain...was told to call in a few mos. no relief. left with high pain
in Buffalo, NY |
I went to Dr Kaplan on the recommendation of a fellow yogini for help with my neck. I was looking for a doctor familiar with therapeutic yoga, who could understand where I was coming from. I had been in a violent car crash years ago with no follow up, and starting to suspect that my migraine like headaches were triggered by intense spasms in my neck. Dr Kaplan, instead of ordering effective diagnostic tests, performed an EMG on me and tried to sell me Botox in the same visit! Wrong approach!!!
New York, NY |
I was very impressed with the way he diagnosed and his treatment
Have you seen Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO?

Compare Dr. Kaplan

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Discogenic Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Head and Neck Conditions
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Facet Block
  • Joint Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University, Midwestern University

Graduated in 1994

Madigan Army Medical Center
    University Of Washington Medical Center

Completed in 2003

Buffalo Spine and Sports Institute, P.C.

Completed in 2003

SUNY Albany School Of Public Health and The Nys Department Of Health

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Kaplan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kaplan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaplan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Kaplan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Kaplan

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Kaplan's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Kaplan

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Kaplan's Care Philosophy

You seek a non surgical approach to your condition

Dr. Kaplan says...