Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO

Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO

Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine  |
Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO is a neuromusculoskeletal medicine doctor who practices in Buffalo, NY. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Kaplan is affiliated with Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital, Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital and Degraff Memorial Hospital.

235 S Elmwood Ave Ste 120

Buffalo, NY 14201

Learn about Dr. Kaplan

Dr. Kaplan's Experience

Dr. Kaplan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

This content was provided by Dr. Kaplan "My mission is to provide premier, personalized medical care that alleviates pain, restores function of the spine and limb joints and wellness of the mind and body

You are the perfect patient for the Osteopathic Wellness Medicine of Western New York if:

You seek a non surgical approach to your condition

You have problems with the spine, upper and lower limb joints, have nerve pain, or suffer from chronic daily headaches

You care about your physical health and healthy aging, and are looking for a comprehensive wellness approach to maintain and improve your function"

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine

• Autonomic Disorders
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Discogenic Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Head and Neck Conditions
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Facet Block
  • Joint Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Albany School Of Public Health and The Nys Department Of Health
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University, Midwestern University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Madigan Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Washington Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Buffalo Spine and Sports Institute, P.C.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Kaplan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kaplan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaplan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaplan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaplan to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Kaplan Says:

I would like to thank my patients for providing feed back that will be shared with others. As a professional I am always eager to learn and take all feed back as a valuable educational tool. I am presently working at two locations:

1.DENT neurological institute where I see patients under insurance for chronic spine, joint and nerve problems. One of my specialties  is treatment of...

Dr. Kaplan's Performance
in Amherst, NY |
I started seeing Dr Kaplan at Buffalo Spine & Sports & now at Dent for migraines & neck pain. (Botox) I trust him completely with sticking needles in my neck! He is very confident & conservative. He has treated my shoulder pain & I was able to avoid surgery! He also found a rib out of place when I had different back pain & resolved it quickly. He identified & treated the tendon in my hip causing pain. Dr Kaplan knows what he's doing. He is very busy but always answers my questions!
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr Kaplan is a rude, arrogant, condescending person who is extremely confrontational. This wasn't unique to my experience because I overheard him yelling at one of his staff nearby in a completely unprofessional way almost directly in front of me. One visit was enough, I can't recommend to people enough to not deal with this guy, he's a total jerk.
in East Amherst, NY |
I have seen Dr Kaplan periodically over the past ten years for lower back and neck problems. He is a good listener and a doctor fueled by curiosity and compassion. He has successfully brought me back fro three injuries over the years. I trust him wholeheartedly and recommend him to all my friends. His cutting edge use of different injection therapies stands above anyone in WNY.
in Dillon, CO |
I suffered for a year with 3 previous doctors misdiagnosing my condition. Dr. Kaplan within moments gave me hope that there was a cure! I had pain in my hand due to a build up of calcium crystals causing extreme swelling and pain. I was told by other docs nothing COULD BE DONE! I had to live with the pain, everyday. Dr. Kaplan has state of the art technology that cured my painful problem. He worked on my knee and my bone spurs too! I HIGHLY recommend him for all your wellness needs.
in Holland, NY |
I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders. One had a full thickness tear. Dr. Kaplan has treated them with PRP and Prolo therapy. New tissue has formed. Even the full thickness tear has healed! I have avoided surgery and was able to continue working (carefully) during treatment. I strongly recommend seeking his console for what ails you. Alternative treatments are not vudu. They are leading edge treatments to problems that fail to be successfully treated by more generally accepted means.
in Rochester, NY |
I would recommend DR.Kaplan to anyone with back,knee,arm or any joint injuries.Prolotherapy and PRP work wonders.I had been going yo chiropractors for years.My sacrial and right knee needed work to heal the problem.I had a bad knee injury a year ago.Dr Kaplan did PRP and prolo.It has worked very well.I go back every few months for added therapy to keep the areas healthy.I have stopped going to chiropractors.Sometimes injuries just do not heal back properly.Prolo and PRP regenerate the areas.
in Buffalo, NY |
He is very attentive and got me out of severe pain when three other doctors told me that I would just have to live with it. I wish I had met him before I had back surgery. I think it could have been avoided.
New York, NY |
I was having hip pain. Dr Kaplan was very helpful at identifying problem and advising what to do.
in Buffalo, NY |
For over 20 years, I have suffered with generalized chronic pain that no physician could explain or treat me for, especially in my neck. After being in acar accident in 2004, my neck pain worsened significantly. No chiropractor or physician could cure the problem. I saw Dr. Kaplan, who diagnosed me with dystonia by and EMG, and treated me with Botox. The results have been amazing, and my cervical flare ups have diminished dramatically! No cure for dystonia, but this treatment is wonderful!
I was diagnosed with 4 cervical herniations and 5 thoracic herniations. Dr Kaplan changed my diagnoses to facet joint syndrome or something. He prescribed injections. He scraped my joint to the point I could hear it scrape like 20 times. Since that injection I have had jaw pain. My neck and midback are in chronic pain and I refuse all narcotics and most pain meds. Pain is an indicator that something is wrong. I do not want to mute the impulses of my nervous system.
in Tonawanda, NY |
Referred to Dr. K. by Neurologist. I have spinal stenosis that is very painful also have pain from a knee replacement gone bad. Both are very painful and impair my daily activities. Initially Dr, Kaplan seemed to have a good plan. He injected my back under ultrasound.2 weeks later my knee.The third apt. quick ultrasound of knee then wanted me to join his new ortho/yoga center and his concierge practice Told him I was still in pain...was told to call in a few mos. no relief. left with high pain
New York, NY |
I was very impressed with the way he diagnosed and his treatment
Have you seen Dr. Leonard Kaplan, DO?
Are you Dr. Kaplan?