Dr. Leon Katz, MD

Dr. Leon Katz, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Leon Katz, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Wyomissing, PA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Read his story

2603 Keiser Blvd Ste 104

Wyomissing, PA 19610

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Katz

See how frequently Dr. Katz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Esophageal Surgery
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Katz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Katz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "As a doctor and a surgeon, it is my responsibility to help guide your through the challenging health related issues that you may be facing. I truly believe that this is a team approach and we will be helping each other to address the necessary problems. I work very hard to communicate with you in a timely and straight forward manner. In return I will ask of you to keep me informed about any pertinent changes in your health so that I can make the most timely decisions. I am currently working at Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania where my partner and I have one of the largest experiences in utilization of the robotic technology for bariatric and intraabdominal surgery in the Northeast While working at Crozer Chester Medical Center, I helped introduce Robotic General and Bariatric Surgery and was appointed the director of Robotic Surgery. This technology allows me to deliver a more precise form of surgical intervention. While not all patients may be candidates for this minimally invasive approach, I will take the time to get to know you and your medical and surgical history so that I can tailor your treatment to your specific needs. Working closely with my colleagues, my nurses and the hospital administrators, we were able to accomplish the lowest adverse events in United States in Bariatric Surgery according to Blue Health Intelligence, a subsidiary of Blue Cross and Blue Shield. You can rest assured that all necessary actions will be taken to help reduce the risk of any complications that are known to occur with the respective surgical intervention."

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "Patient safety, clear communication and mutual respect provide the best outcomes in medicine."

• Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Achalasia
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hernia
  • Hiatal Hernia

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Rochester
  • Saint Barnabas Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • N Shore Lij Syosset Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

• Lowest Preventable Adverse Outcomes in United States per Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Health Intelligence, 02/01/2012
  • ASMBS Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, 3/2012
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction in Bariatric Surgery, 2010

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Katz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Katz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends
Dr. Katz Says:

Thank you for taking the time to add a patient satisfaction evaluation.  If you feel you got great care please consider placing 5 starts.  If you feel your care was anything less then 5 stars then please call my office directly and let me know how I could do better.

Dr. Katz's Performance
in Reading, PA |
Dr. Katz gave me back my life!! He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough. Having never had a surgery I was very scared, and Dr. Katz put my mind at ease. Post-op, losing weight I am now able to exercise and move without pain. Every visit Dr. Katz is encouraging and insightful. I am so grateful to be able to move forward in a positive direction with the support of Dr. Katz and the Weight Loss Management Team!
Reading, PA |
Love Dr. Katz!!! Amazing doctor and so friendly!
in Hamburg, PA |
I already recommended him to friends and family!
Reading, PA |
Excellent surgeon. I'm very satisfied with my Sleeve surgery. It's also a bonus that he's very nice and makes you feel comfortable during appointments and comfortable in his knowledge and your choice to have the surgery. The whole team at Reading Hospital weight loss center did an excellent job pre-op and are continuing post-op. Shout out to the dietitians who are very caring and really know what they are talking about.
in Reading, PA |
I loved everything about Leon Katz,MD He was so kind so informative and I will recommed him to everyone. I am 4 weeks post op, and I don't think I will have much of a scar and that's skill too.
Great Doctor!!!
Blandon, PA |
Dr Katz is awesome, Bariatric Surgery is not an easy choice, but Dr. Katz was compassionate and made me feel good about my decision. I loved that I could ask any question and he never made me feel like any question was stupid. He is so easy to talk to and I had no complications with my surgery. My recovery has been great and his office has been fantastic.
in Reading, PA |
You could not ask for a better or more supportive doctor than Dr Katz. The whole process from beginning my journey to now 3 months post surgery could not have been better. The entire weight management center is top notch. I would recommend anyone considering weightless surgery to seriously consider having Dr Katz at the Reading Hospital Weight Management Center be your surgeon.
ELVERSON |
My husband has been partnered with Dr. Katz for the past 6 months to work on improving his overall health. It has been a pleasurable experience for all of us. Dr. Katz listens and truly wants what is best for his patient and their family.
in Elverson , PA |
if you considering weight loss surgery, then make this your choice. my experience with Dr Katz and the Reading health system was second to none. There office is well run and connected with the my chart app makes appointments easy and the cath lab, blood testing services all in one place makes the experience even easier again make this you number one choice before other choices.
Dr. Katz is a very understanding and caring doctor who listens to his patients as well as giving advice. very practical and to the point. very knowledgeable, and helpful.
in HAMBURG,PA |
I was nervous when I started my weight loss journey. The office of Dr.Katz was and is wonderful.Always answered my questions in a timely manner.Dr Katz has an excellent bedside manner.My surgery went without issues and I'm now 5 months out of surgery and from the start I'm down 130 pounds. I would recommend Dr Katz to anyone needing bariatric surgery....he saved and also gave me back my life.
in Chadds Ford, pa |
Sometimes in life you are fortunate to meet an individual who has such an enormous impact on your life that saying a mere thank you doesn't seem appropriate. Dr. Katz is that person to my husband and me. Through his talent as a surgeon as well as his extreme kindness, he gave us our lives back and a second chance to enjoy all the activities and experiences life has to offer. He is such an amazing doctor and I trust him completely. He truly is the nest in his field.
Birdsboro, PA |
Dr. Katz is one of the BEST surgeons I have ever had! I have had many surgeries and he is at the top of my favorites! Dr. Katz was in the OR with me talking to me and calming my nerves while we waited for the Anesthesiologist to arrive. I have never had a Dr do that before! I highly recommend him to anybody looking to get bariatric surgery done! I LOVE Dr Katz!!???? He gave me my life back!!
in Reading, PA |
Dr Katz is a very well educated accomplished surgeon with an unbeatable bedside manner. I've been seeing him for months now. He just did a lap band removal , reconstruction and finally the Gastric Sleeve last Monday June 6 2016. Being diabetic I developed and infection in one of my 7 incisions and he took care of me immediately and was so sweet even though I woke him at 4:30 am. I will be one week post op on Monday. So far, I would recommend him to everyone. His Eukranian accent is charming.
in Reading, PA |
My experience with Dr. Katz was wonderful. Prior to surgery and throughout the whole process he listened to my questions and concerns. He helped put my mind at ease. After the surgery, he was available for calls and was patient answering any questions or concerns I had. He is very personable which is not always a characteristic most doctors have. Overall, the surgery was a success and my experience with him up through my one year has been very positive. Thanks Dr. Katz.
in Reading, PA |
I will always recommend Dr Katz for surgery he is amazing and he gives me all teh info i need he has time to discuss my surgery before and after and my follow up appoinments are amazing hes very encouraging.
in Chadds Ford, PA |
Dr Katz is a true professional and great surgeon. I had nothing but confidence and no worries going into the surgery. He is a very nice man and answers any questions you have. Never had any complications.
in Reading, PA |
My experience with Dr. Katz and the staff of RHPN Weight Management has been very positive. The entire process leading up to my surgery was lengthy but patient-centric and outcome driven. Dr. Katz was very thorough and collaborative in arriving at my course of treatment, from the pre-operative and operative procedure, through the post-operative process. Many thanks to the entire team.
in Reading, PA |
Dr. Katz is amazing! he is very welcoming, warm hearted, and sweet! He takes the time to listen to you and makes sure you are comfortable and doing well with whatever you are going through.
in Birdsoro Pa |
Dr Katz did my surgery and he did a phenomenal job. He has GREAT bedside manners. When I had an issue he called me right away. Still following up with him, couldn't ask for a better doctor. Thanks again, Dr Katz ??
in Myerstown, Pa |
Dr. Katz was very professional and took excellent care of me during the whole process. I became sick after my surgery due to the pain medication and he would not let me go home till everything was figured out. He takes the time to listen to the issues that arise and helps to problem solve with you. I'm almost at my year mark and 113 pounds later, I would recommend Dr. Katz and the Weight management center to anyone who needs assistance in their health journey.
Reading, PA |
Dr. Katz is super sweet. He has a sense of humor. Makes you feel comfortable. Willing to take his time with you to go over any questions or concerns. He will help you pick the surgery that is right for you. I had my gastric sleeve done 1/20/17. since surgery I lost 30 lbs. in 7 weeks. Not to shabby. I did lose 20lbs before surgery but that was not required by Katz. so I started at 320 and yesterday weighed in at 272. I am 35yr female. I have had no issues what so ever after surgery. thanks
Dr.Katz is an amazing Dr. Him and His team made this whole process pleasant. He is very passionate with what He does and takes time to listen to any concerns you may have. He checked on me daily while I was in recovery and called when I got home to make sure I was doing okay. I could not give him and less that 5 stars, I would rate more if that was an option.
Reinholds, PA |
Dr. Katz is an awesome doctor, very "real". He is very informative, caring and patient when you have a tons of questions! I'm forever grateful to him for giving me my life back !
in Reading, PA |
Dr Katz is an amazing doctor and surgeon ... he has an amazing bedside manner is personable and knowledgeable. Having surgery by dr. Katz was the best thing I ever did !!! He was very motivating and helped me overcome smoking and lose 75 lb in 5 months
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Katz was an all around excellent physician. Weight loss surgery is no an easy decision to make. He made me fell very comfortable, informed, and confident in all my decisions I made. He had excellent bedside manner that unfortunately is not seen often with todays medical professionals. I would fully recommend Dr. Katz to anyone considering weight loss surgery.
in Boyertown Pa |
I absolutely would recommend Dr Katz. He is very caring and knowledgeable. I had my sleeve surgery May 2016. No problems whatsoever just great results!! Ty! Joan T.
in Reading, PA |
Doctor Katz is the coolest surgeon and he made weightloss surgery a great experience for me. He is good at what he does!
Have you seen Dr. Leon Katz, MD?
Are you Dr. Katz?