Dr. Leon Katz, MD

Dr. Leon Katz, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Leon Katz, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Wyomissing, PA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.Read his story

2603 Keiser Blvd Ste 104

Wyomissing, PA 19610

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Katz

See how frequently Dr. Katz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Surgery
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Katz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Katz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "As a doctor and a surgeon, it is my responsibility to help guide your through the challenging health related issues that you may be facing. I truly believe that this is a team approach and we will be helping each other to address the necessary problems. I work very hard to communicate with you in a timely and straight forward manner. In return I will ask of you to keep me informed about any pertinent changes in your health so that I can make the most timely decisions. I am currently working at Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania where my partner and I have one of the largest experiences in utilization of the robotic technology for bariatric and intraabdominal surgery in the Northeast While working at Crozer Chester Medical Center, I helped introduce Robotic General and Bariatric Surgery and was appointed the director of Robotic Surgery. This technology allows me to deliver a more precise form of surgical intervention. While not all patients may be candidates for this minimally invasive approach, I will take the time to get to know you and your medical and surgical history so that I can tailor your treatment to your specific needs. Working closely with my colleagues, my nurses and the hospital administrators, we were able to accomplish the lowest adverse events in United States in Bariatric Surgery according to Blue Health Intelligence, a subsidiary of Blue Cross and Blue Shield. You can rest assured that all necessary actions will be taken to help reduce the risk of any complications that are known to occur with the respective surgical intervention."

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "Patient safety, clear communication and mutual respect provide the best outcomes in medicine."

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Rochester
  • Saint Barnabas Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • N Shore Lij Syosset Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

• Lowest Preventable Adverse Outcomes in United States per Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Health Intelligence, 02/01/2012
  • ASMBS Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, 3/2012
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction in Bariatric Surgery, 2010

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Katz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Katz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends

Dr. Katz's Performance

Dr. Katz Says:

Thank you for taking the time to add a patient satisfaction evaluation.  If you feel you got great care please consider placing 5 starts.  If you feel your care was anything less then 5 stars then please call my office directly and let me know how I could do better.

If you are reading this review trying to find a Surgeon for a Bariatric Procedure, please do yourself the favor of giving Dr. Katz your consideration. Dr. Katz is smart, thorough, patient, and kind. He remembers the little details about you that makes taking a big step procedure less...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Katz was amazing to me and did an excellent job. The day of the seminar his first words were "I treat my patient's as if they were my own family" from that moment I knew I was in good hands. Thank you Dr. Katz for all you have done both my family and I appreciate the good job and the best bed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Katz is a caring professional. He wants to see his patients succeed and lead healthier lives. I am grateful to Dr. Katz and his team at Weight Loss Management. My life has changed for the better.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Katz gave me back my life!! He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and thorough. Having never had a surgery I was very scared, and Dr. Katz put my mind at ease. Post-op, losing weight I am now able to exercise and move without pain. Every visit Dr. Katz is encouraging and insightful. I am so...more
Are you Dr. Katz?