Dr. Leon Katz, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male

RHPN WEIGHT MANAGEMENT CENTER 2603 Keiser Blvd Ste 104 Wyomissing, PA 19610 Get Directions
Dr. Leon Katz, MD
As a doctor and a surgeon, it is my responsibility to help guide your through the challenging health related issues that you may be facing. I truly believe that this is a team approach and we will be helping each other to address the necessary problems. I work very hard to communicate with you in a timely and straight forward manner. In return I will ask of you to keep me informed about any pertinent changes in your health so that I can make the most timely decisions. I am currently working at Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania where my partner and I have one of the largest experiences in utilization of the robotic technology for bariatric and intraabdominal surgery in the Northeast While working at Crozer Chester Medical Center, I helped introduce Robotic General and Bariatric Surgery and was appointed the director of Robotic Surgery. This technology allows me to deliver a more precise form of surgical intervention. While not all patients may be candidates for this minimally invasive approach, I will take the time to get to know you and your medical and surgical history so that I can tailor your treatment to your specific needs. Working closely with my colleagues, my nurses and the hospital administrators, we were able to accomplish the lowest adverse events in United States in Bariatric Surgery according to Blue Health Intelligence, a subsidiary of Blue Cross and Blue Shield. You can rest assured that all necessary actions will be taken to help reduce the risk of any complications that are known to occur with the respective surgical intervention.

Dr. Katz's Care Philosophy

Patient safety, clear communication and mutual respect provide the best outcomes in medicine.

Dr. Katz's Experience

See how Dr. Katz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Katz

Dr. Katz accepts 30 insurance carriers

Dr. Katz is now accepting new patients
RHPN Weight Management Center2603 Keiser Blvd Ste 104
Wyomissing, PA 19610
(610) 988-5673Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Katz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Katz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends
Dr. Katz Says:

Thank you for taking the time to add a patient satisfaction evaluation.  If you feel you got great care please consider placing 5 starts.  If you feel your care was anything less then 5 stars then please call my office directly and let me know how I could do better.

Dr. Katz's Performance
Dr. Katz is a very understanding and caring doctor who listens to his patients as well as giving advice. very practical and to the point. very knowledgeable, and helpful.
in HAMBURG,PA |
I was nervous when I started my weight loss journey. The office of Dr.Katz was and is wonderful.Always answered my questions in a timely manner.Dr Katz has an excellent bedside manner.My surgery went without issues and I'm now 5 months out of surgery and from the start I'm down 130 pounds. I would recommend Dr Katz to anyone needing bariatric surgery....he saved and also gave me back my life.
in Chadds Ford, pa |
Sometimes in life you are fortunate to meet an individual who has such an enormous impact on your life that saying a mere thank you doesn't seem appropriate. Dr. Katz is that person to my husband and me. Through his talent as a surgeon as well as his extreme kindness, he gave us our lives back and a second chance to enjoy all the activities and experiences life has to offer. He is such an amazing doctor and I trust him completely. He truly is the nest in his field.
Birdsboro, PA |
Dr. Katz is one of the BEST surgeons I have ever had! I have had many surgeries and he is at the top of my favorites! Dr. Katz was in the OR with me talking to me and calming my nerves while we waited for the Anesthesiologist to arrive. I have never had a Dr do that before! I highly recommend him to anybody looking to get bariatric surgery done! I LOVE Dr Katz!!???? He gave me my life back!!
in Reading, PA |
Dr Katz is a very well educated accomplished surgeon with an unbeatable bedside manner. I've been seeing him for months now. He just did a lap band removal , reconstruction and finally the Gastric Sleeve last Monday June 6 2016. Being diabetic I developed and infection in one of my 7 incisions and he took care of me immediately and was so sweet even though I woke him at 4:30 am. I will be one week post op on Monday. So far, I would recommend him to everyone. His Eukranian accent is charming.
in Reading, PA |
My experience with Dr. Katz was wonderful. Prior to surgery and throughout the whole process he listened to my questions and concerns. He helped put my mind at ease. After the surgery, he was available for calls and was patient answering any questions or concerns I had. He is very personable which is not always a characteristic most doctors have. Overall, the surgery was a success and my experience with him up through my one year has been very positive. Thanks Dr. Katz.
in Reading, PA |
I will always recommend Dr Katz for surgery he is amazing and he gives me all teh info i need he has time to discuss my surgery before and after and my follow up appoinments are amazing hes very encouraging.
in Chadds Ford, PA |
Dr Katz is a true professional and great surgeon. I had nothing but confidence and no worries going into the surgery. He is a very nice man and answers any questions you have. Never had any complications.
in Reading, PA |
My experience with Dr. Katz and the staff of RHPN Weight Management has been very positive. The entire process leading up to my surgery was lengthy but patient-centric and outcome driven. Dr. Katz was very thorough and collaborative in arriving at my course of treatment, from the pre-operative and operative procedure, through the post-operative process. Many thanks to the entire team.
in Reading, PA |
Dr. Katz is amazing! he is very welcoming, warm hearted, and sweet! He takes the time to listen to you and makes sure you are comfortable and doing well with whatever you are going through.
in Birdsoro Pa |
Dr Katz did my surgery and he did a phenomenal job. He has GREAT bedside manners. When I had an issue he called me right away. Still following up with him, couldn't ask for a better doctor. Thanks again, Dr Katz ??
in Myerstown, Pa |
Dr. Katz was very professional and took excellent care of me during the whole process. I became sick after my surgery due to the pain medication and he would not let me go home till everything was figured out. He takes the time to listen to the issues that arise and helps to problem solve with you. I'm almost at my year mark and 113 pounds later, I would recommend Dr. Katz and the Weight management center to anyone who needs assistance in their health journey.
Reading, PA |
Dr. Katz is super sweet. He has a sense of humor. Makes you feel comfortable. Willing to take his time with you to go over any questions or concerns. He will help you pick the surgery that is right for you. I had my gastric sleeve done 1/20/17. since surgery I lost 30 lbs. in 7 weeks. Not to shabby. I did lose 20lbs before surgery but that was not required by Katz. so I started at 320 and yesterday weighed in at 272. I am 35yr female. I have had no issues what so ever after surgery. thanks
Dr.Katz is an amazing Dr. Him and His team made this whole process pleasant. He is very passionate with what He does and takes time to listen to any concerns you may have. He checked on me daily while I was in recovery and called when I got home to make sure I was doing okay. I could not give him and less that 5 stars, I would rate more if that was an option.
Reinholds, PA |
Dr. Katz is an awesome doctor, very "real". He is very informative, caring and patient when you have a tons of questions! I'm forever grateful to him for giving me my life back !
in Reading, PA |
Dr Katz is an amazing doctor and surgeon ... he has an amazing bedside manner is personable and knowledgeable. Having surgery by dr. Katz was the best thing I ever did !!! He was very motivating and helped me overcome smoking and lose 75 lb in 5 months
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Katz was an all around excellent physician. Weight loss surgery is no an easy decision to make. He made me fell very comfortable, informed, and confident in all my decisions I made. He had excellent bedside manner that unfortunately is not seen often with todays medical professionals. I would fully recommend Dr. Katz to anyone considering weight loss surgery.
in Boyertown Pa |
I absolutely would recommend Dr Katz. He is very caring and knowledgeable. I had my sleeve surgery May 2016. No problems whatsoever just great results!! Ty! Joan T.
in Reading, PA |
Doctor Katz is the coolest surgeon and he made weightloss surgery a great experience for me. He is good at what he does!
Have you seen Dr. Leon Katz, MD?
Are you Dr. Katz?

Compare Dr. Katz

Dr. Katz says...

As a doctor and a surgeon, it is my responsibility to help guide your through the challenging health related issues that you may be facing.  I truly believe that this is a team approach and we will be helping each other to address the necessary problems.  I work very hard to communicate with you in a timely and straight forward manner.  In return I will ask of you to keep me informed about any pertinent changes in your health so that I can make the most timely decisions.

While working at Crozer Chester Medical Center, I helped introduce Robotic General and Bariatric Surgery and was appointed the director of Robotic Surgery.  This technology allows me to deliver a more precise form of surgical intervention.  While not all patients may be candidates for this minimally invasive approach, I will take the time to get to know you and your medical and surgical history so that I can tailor your treatment to your specific needs.

Working closely with my colleagues, my nurses and the hospital administrators, we were able to accomplish the lowest adverse events in United States in Bariatric Surgery according to Blue Health Intelligence, a subsidiary of Blue Cross and Blue Shield.  You can rest assured that all necessary actions will be taken to help reduce the risk of any complications that are known to occur with the respective surgical intervention.

Dr. Katz's Care Philosophy

Dr. Katz says...

I have special expertise in bariatric surgery.  Having performed more than 1500 bariatric surgeries in the past 14 years, I have developed the necessary expertise to provide safe care for the patient requiring bariatric surgery.  Majority of the procedures are being done in a minimally invasive manner using the DaVinci Robotic platform.

I also specialize in the treatment of hernias, specifically Hiatal Hernias and Groin Hernia and Incisional Hernias.  Utilizing the latest technology including the DaVinci robotic platform, I am able to provide a more precise approach to repairing these complex hernias.

I have been placing Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters for the last couple of years and am able to communicate directly with your nephrologist about maximizing your dialysis needs.

Dr. Katz says...

My partner and I have special interest in the use of robotic technology for all forms of intraabdominal surgeries and specifically bariatric surgery.  While no studies have shown the superiority of robotic surgery over traditional laparoscopic surgery, the robot allows me to offer more precise surgery and manipulation of my instruments.  It should be known that at times for patient safety, a surgeon may have to switch to laparoscopic or open surgery.

My expertise is focused around minimally invasive surgery and more specifically Robotic surgery.  I started a robotic program at my previous hospital and was named the Director of Robotic Surgery at Crozer Chester Medical Center.

I have worked closely with my kidney specialists and for the last few years I have been placing minimally invasive Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters in patients who choose this option over traditional hemodialysis.

Dr. Katz says...

Dr. Katz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

• Lowest Preventable Adverse Outcomes in United States per Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Health Intelligence, 02/01/2012
    • ASMBS Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, 3/2012
    • Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction in Bariatric Surgery, 2010

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Katz's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Achalasia
  • Gallstones
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hernia

Completed in 2003

University of Rochester

Graduated in 1992

• Russian

Dr. Katz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery