Dr. Leon Igel, MD

Dr. Igel
Telehealth services available

Weill Cornell Comprehensive Weight Control Center

2315 Broadway Fl 2 New York, NY 10024

Dr. Leon Igel, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Igel to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in New York

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Igel accepts

Dr. Igel accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

• Vitamin D Deficiency

Dr. Igel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Igel

Dr. Igel?
Dr. Igel is one of the finest and smartest doctors who ever cared for me. I went to him after years of inability to lose weight. I have major underlying health conditions, little willpower, no energy, too much stress, etc. My life’s responsibilities and my personality not will fit a doctor who will demand a strict regimen. I figured that I could go once, and then not go again if I didn’t like him. That meeting turned my life around. Dr. Igel saw me for who I am. He is totally non-judgmental, and tailored my care based on my cravings, my schedule, and how I eat. He always encourages. His goals were and remain realistic. Dr. Igel has very extensive knowledge of pharmacology, and moved me from weight-gain promoting meds (which other drs prescribed without taking weight into account) to others that have the same function but don’t cause weight gain or even help with weight loss. I have adjusted what I eat, and so far I’m down 65 lbs and thank him daily. He is a lifesaver. Truly.
  • Long wait times
Deborah E. E. – Aug 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I had a WCM phone/camera appt with Dr. Igel. It lasted 45 minutes. He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen and a truly exceptional person. He listens and he hears you. He is thorough. He is dedicated. He is prepared and he tells it like it is but with tact. He explains everything so you know what is going on and what you need to do. He’s not at all pushy but he actually got me to agree to go forward with things I’d been avoiding for over two years because he made me understand exactly why I should. As an added benefit thanks to him I lost close to 60 pounds in a year in a healthy safe way.
Marcia S Kupferberg – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
Excellent md Very personable as well
Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
Thanks to Dr. Igel’s insight, patience and experience, at 53 years old, I feel and look better than I have in over 25 years. He took the time to understand my medical issues and help fine tune a plan get me on track to a new healthy me. He is a one in a million physician!!
E. Domnitz in New York, NY – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
Dr Igel literally saved my life!!! I was beyond morbidly obese and at the literal end of my rope. Dr Igel's incredible care and Experience in the fields of both Endocrinology and Weight management is a rare combo and believe me I swear on a stack of Bible that if it were not for him I would not be alive to write this review right now. Thanks is not enough. I would say if you want to change then go see this man.. he is unbelievable!!!!
Michael Warner in Astoria, NY – Dec 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
All my life I have struggled to loose and keep weight off. Dr. Igel is the first doctor who has been able to give me practical and sustainable strategies and I have now lost nearly 40 lbs. There are no silver bullets and each person is different but Dr Igel's advice was excellent and effective.
New York, NY – Jun 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I've been a type 1 diabetic for 16 years he is the only doctor that actually helped me loss weight and control my sugar hes is the best Endocrinologist
vitaly b in Brooklyn, NY – Apr 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I saw Dr. Igel today for the first time. I was SUPER IMPRESSED! He was VERY thorough, listened and explained everything. He even showed me pictures explaining what was going on in my body. For a change I didn't feel rushed. Towards the end of my appointment he asked me if I understood everything that was mentioned. Wish I would have seen him sooner. Soooo happy I went there for a second opinion. He picked up on things that my previous doctor never did!
Elizabeth, NJ – Mar 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
Took a while to get an appointment but it was worth it! Dr. Igel is a great doctor... some doctors you know care about you and Dr. Igel is one of them.
Jason S in New York, NY – Mar 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
Dr. Igel is the best doctor I have ever worked with! I initially went to his office for weight loss, but after mentioning to him my other issues/concerns, he referred me to great doctors in those respective areas AND followed up with me about those issues a few weeks later! I am already down 45lbs thanks to him and his wonderful staff, and my other problems are also being treated now too! I honestly owe him a huge debt for improving my quality of life! Thank you!!!
Sheryl in New York, NY – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I've never written a review for a doctor, but I felt compelled to because of the great experience I've had. My dad started seeing Dr. Igel and was so successful in his weight loss that he convinced both me and my mother to see him as well. All three of us have had had great results. He doesn't even take my insurance but I pay out of pocket because he's the best. Friendly, professional staff, and Dr. Igel makes each visit very comfortable especially in how explains everything in a relatable way.
New York, NY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I met with Dr. Igel for my diabetic neuropathy. He is very knowledgeable and he took the time to explain the condition as well as various treatment options to me. He is a great and caring doctor, and I highly recommend Dr. Igel. It’s hard to find quality doctors these days, and he really is a great one!
New York, NY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I was struggling with weight control and at one point realized that I had gained an additional 40 lbs. Dr Igel was recommended and at out initial meeting he put me at ease and spent a great deal of time getting to know me and the issues I was facing. He took more tests than I expected and was soon able to understand many of the reasons for my recent weight gain. Dr Igel has and will always be a pleasure to deal with and with his help I've lost the unwanted weight and have been much happier!
Kevin O'Reilly in East Setauket, NY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?
I am recommending Dr. Igel to family and friends! He is very attentive to details and has diagnosed conditions that other physicians have missed. His diagnostic skills are superior compared to other physicians I have worked with. I don't feel rushed during our appointments. In addition, his entire staff is cordial and efficient. Definitely I give him 5 stars.
Lynn S Igel in New York, NY – May 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leon Igel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Igel?

I believe that effective medical care requires a comprehensive patient evaluation in a comfortable and friendly environment. I take the time to listen...Read more

Leon I. Igel, MD, FACP, FTOS is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, and an Attending Endocrinologist at NewYork-Presbyterian...Read more

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism