Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Leon Chen, MD
Dr. Leon Chen, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Bronx, NY. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Chen is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center.

Bronx Office

1200 Waters Pl Ste 110

Bronx, NY 10461

Dr. Leon Chen, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • MagnaCare
  • PHCS
  • POMCO Group
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Chen

Dr. Leon Chen graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and received his Doctor of Medicine from the Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. He then served as a General Surgery Intern at Beth Israel Medical Center and completed his residency of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary in New York.  He will be seeking privileges at nearby Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx.

Dr. Chen's Experience

Dr. Chen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Chen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Deafness
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Tulane University of Louisiana
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Beth Isreal Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • New York Eye And Ear Infirmary

Dr. Chen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Chen's Performance
    POOR
    GOOD
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Chen could not have been more condescending or dismissive of my concerns. I went because I have been having constant throat infections (like 8 this year). He told me it was not infected and that what he saw was just tonsil stones, although It was streaked with white. He actually laughed at me when I told him I get high fevers after a few days, and did not even take my temp until asked. Sent me home with nothing and I had to go to urgent care the next day with 103 fever and severe pain.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I've been seeing Dr Chen for my ENT issues for the last several years and have never had a problem with him. He is plain spoken and knowledgable about whatever ENT issues I have had. I also did not have to wait a long time for him once I was in his office.
Brooklyn, NY |
Maybe he was having a bad day, but he was extremely rude and dismissive. When inserting that tube + camera up my nose caused uncontrollable sneezing, he was mad at me!! Only later (and after developing a sinus infection after Dr Chen told me to 'tough it out') I went to another ENT who sprayed some lidocaine before inserting the tube so he could actually and peacefully examine my sinuses, I realized what a bad experience I've had with Dr Chen
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Chen was distracted and inattentive. He also wrote me the wrong prescription (!!), so I had to go back to the pharmacy I'd just been to and pick up something else.
in Staten Island, NY |
I don't know what some people are talking about this doctor is very unprofessional he did not introduce himself when he entered the room he did not explain anything he was doing and then he prescribes me medication I am allergic to and as far as the front staff they are very unprofessional they are very loud and obnoxious one you have a problem with then they are not very kind to you and them are phony i
Have you seen Dr. Leon Chen, MD?
Are you Dr. Chen?

Visit Dr. Chen

Dr. Chen accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • MagnaCare