Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. McCafferty

Leo R. McCafferty, MD Plastic Surgery

580 S Aiken Ave Ste 530 Pittsburgh, PA 15232

Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Temple University School Of Medicine in 1981 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. McCafferty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McCafferty

Dr. McCafferty?
Dr. McCafferty's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD
Dr. McCafferty is a true professional with extensive experience that will bring you very natural results. He is a great listener and conducts a thorough analysis to determine what is the most appropriate recommendation for plastic surgery. Very skilled, very thorough, very meticulous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
Dr McCafferty is #1 in my book. I was looking for my breasts to be back to where they were before three children. Another doctor just wanted to put in size D implants but Dr. McCafferty suggested to have a Mastopexy. This is where the breasts are positioned back to where they started, not just filling in the stretched skin. I AM SO HAPPY!! He did a fabulous job and my only regret is I waited almost two years to have the procedure done after my consult with him. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
He was so thorough with clinical trial data put my mind at ease continuing with my breast augmentation. He really listened to my needs and was extremely easy to talk to. The instructions he gave me before and after we’re more so thorough. I had two children and I wanted to feel like my old self. He and his awesome staff delivered and I look better than I did before children. Thank you Dr mccafferty and he is truly the best in Pittsburgh
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
My experience with Dr. McCafferty was incredible! I have never met a more intelligent, professional, caring and humble physician. He and his staff made me feel so comfortable and my procedures were flawless! So blessed to have met Dr. McCafferty and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
Best doctor ever! Dr Mccafferty and staff make you feel so at home! They worked so well with my schedule and extremely friendly! Place is super clean which when it comes to surgery is a big deal! I loved that the surgery was done in the same building!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
I was humiliated as my “bulldog” cheeks had become so bad I started to look like my dad &grandfather. I previously consultedwith another surgeon before him and I was told that to correctly eliminate the problem I would have to have liposuction but Dr McCafferty disagreed. My jowl started to drop within 2 years and now in <4 years(still paying on loan) my pictures are identical to presurgery ones! So very disappointed that his response was to pay $9000 and he would fix it. Don’t go to him 4 face!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
Best of the Best! I had a lower facelift with very minimal bruising (next to none) and the same with swelling! Absolutely love the results! Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
I had a wonderful result with the NeoGraft hair replacement system. My hairline is back to where it was in my 30's and an area of traction alopecia was completely restored. Every procedure performed by Dr. McCafferty has had beautiful results. Also, he is honest and realistic about the surgery and recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
When I called Dr. McCafferty for a breast augmentation I never dreamed it could be so easy! The staff is amazing and walked me through every step of the process. I missed two days of work and had almost no pain. Almost six months later and I couldn't be more pleased. I traveled 150 miles to have my procedure done and would have traveled 1,500 for this doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?
Dr. Leo McCafferty was an amazing surgeon. I couldn't imagine going to anyone else for a breast augmentation. Dr. Leo McCafferty and his staff were above and beyond sweet and accommodating. I'm thrilled with my results!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo McCafferty, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McCafferty?

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1985
1982
1981

Dr. McCafferty accepts

Dr. McCafferty accepts the following insurance:

Select
Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
UPMC
UPMC PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. McCafferty's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McCafferty's Top Procedures and Conditions

Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. McCafferty treats Moles (Benign Skin Lesions) more than 13% of his peers

Dr. McCafferty treats this condition more than 13% of his peers

Excision of Skin Lesion

Dr. McCafferty performs Excision of Skin Lesion more than 12% of his peers

Dr. McCafferty performs this procedure more than 12% of his peers

Excision of Benign Skin Lesion

Dr. McCafferty performs Excision of Benign Skin Lesion more than 9% of his peers

Dr. McCafferty performs this procedure more than 9% of his peers

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Gynecomastia
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Skin Grafts