Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 86

Dr. Jacobs
901 Fox Glen Ct Barrington, IL 60010

Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Barrington, IL and has over 61 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Louvain Univ medical school in 1960. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jacobs to book an appointment.

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Jacobs with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital today at (815) 310-3420.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobs

3.9

Dr. Jacobs?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (9)
  • Office environment (9)
  • Staff friendliness (9)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
Incredible doctor that saved my life. Very thoughtful and very good listener. Professional and ethical. Saw Doctor Jacobs 2004 to 2014 and regained my personal and professional Life with his assistance. Forever Frateful and Thankful to Doctor Jacobs (and his office staff....Pat especially!)
Brad – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD?
I’ve been consistently seeing Dr Jacobs for over 8 years. He is reliable, compassionate and intelligent. I would rather have a doctor with years of practice under his belt then anything. He has seen it all and heard it all. He is all around a great doctor and I’ve recommended him to close friends who appreciate him as well.
Lauren – Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD?
This Dr should not be practicing anymore. He gave my husband medication that is not even something he should be on. A new doctor said he shouldn’t even be on it and it could have made him worse.
Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD?
This "doctor" started doubling the dosage of my medication until it was 16x the original concentration. At that concentration, there are serious side effects that could occur--did he tell me? Nope. After seeing him for several months and notifying him that the prescriptions he gave me were ineffective, he proceeded to diagnose me with bipolar disorder. I was fortunate that I was cognizant enough of my own experiences and situation that I found a much more (actually) qualified physician.
Tianyu in Lake Zurich, IL – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD?
Initially I liked Dr. Jacobs, but after several appointments he continued to focus on the same things over and over. Then, on my last appointment with him, he confused me with another patient. I told him, I wasn't the woman he thinks I was. Pointed to the chart, and several times argued with him over facts in the file because I wasn't this person! He wrote my Rx to the wrong person and had to re-write it. It was tripe the dose and took me 3 days to realize it! Unacceptable!
Julie G in Barrington, IL – Jan 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobs?

• Psychiatry

1960
Louvain Univ

• Patients Choice Award, 2010
  • Castle Connolly Best Doctors, Current

Does Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Jacobs accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Jacobs frequently treats Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders), Major Depressive Disorder, and Psychiatric Diseases. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Jacobs treats.

Where is Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD's office located?

Dr. Jacobs' office is located at 901 Fox Glen Ct, Barrington, IL 60010. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Jacobs has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Leo Jacobs, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Jacobs' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Jacobs' Top Procedures and Conditions

Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Dr. Jacobs treats Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders) more than 55% of his peers

Dr. Jacobs treats this condition more than 55% of his peers

Dr. Jacobs' conditions and procedures:

• Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Jacobs accepts

Dr. Jacobs accepts the following insurance:

901 Fox Glen Ct Barrington, IL 60010