Dr. Leigh Nadler, MD

Dr. Leigh Nadler, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  ·
Dr. Leigh Nadler, MD is a colon & rectal surgery specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci in 1984 and specializes in colon & rectal surgery.

1050 Bower Hill Rd Ste 208

Pittsburgh, PA 15243

• CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Nadler

See how frequently Dr. Nadler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anal or Rectal Pain
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Nadler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Non-Surgical Treatment of Hemorrhoids
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prolapse Repair
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Beth Israel Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Ill/Carle Fdn Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Nadler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nadler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nadler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nadler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nadler to family and friends

Dr. Nadler's Performance

Dr. Nadler Says:

I believe the negative response from the patient dated 09/20/17 was due to the need to reschedule her appointment, as I was called to the operating room for a life-threatening emergency.  She was very rude to my office staff and I then spoke with her personally.  She indicated that she was very dissatisfied and unhappy and said

I have had Chrohns since 1996, in 2016 I required a resection of my ileum and colon. Dr. Nadler and his practice have done an exceptional job in both my treatment and care. I will continue to see Dr. Nadler, and would gladly recommend him to anyone requiring gastric surgery. He is a kind,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Doctor Nadler is an excellent surgeon . He is very companionate and has a genuine concern for his patients. Doctor Nadler takes the necessary time to answer all your questions and concerns. He is available to help no matter the time. If he isn't able to answer your phone call Doctor Nadler will...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would NOT recommend Dr. Nadler. From my initial scheduling phone call, I hesitated following through with my first appointment. The schedulers/secretaries were very rude in their tone, short, and cut me off mid sentence several times. Despite my hesitation, I did follow through with my first...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I believe this negative response was due to the need to reschedule this patient's appointment, as I was called to the operating room for a life-threatening emergency. I explained that I am a surgeon and that we have occasional surgical emergencies beyond our control with the need to reschedule patients appointments. All of my other patients scheduled were happy to reschedule and understood the importance of a life-threatening emergency. I have since discharged this patient from my practice.

Definitely not a people person...this guy might know medicine, but he doesn't know any common courtesy...I'd rather let my colon explode then every see this doctor again.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I treat all patients with respect and courtesy. I am sorry if you were offended in some way- but I am certainly a caring and compassionate surgeon.