Dr. Leela Farr, MD

Dr. Leela Farr, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
I was originally born in Texas, but spent most of childhood in Southwest Missouri. I stayed close to home going to college in Tulsa, OK and eventually onto medical school at University of Oklahoma. From there my journeys took me to Syracuse, NY (brrrrrrrrr!) for 5 years of my orthopedic surgery residency. I trained in Louisville for my hand surgery training. And here I am today! I consider this my home now and love the people and the culture.

1169 Eastern Pkwy Ste 1220

Louisville, KY 40217

• HealthLink
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Farr

See how frequently Dr. Farr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Farr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Farr "My care philosophy is caring, friendly, and to the point.  I love working with patients and developing a team approach, where both the patient and I are working together for a certain goal....to get you feeling better!  "

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Laceration
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tenosynovitis

• Neuroplasty
  • Tendon Repair
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• University Of Tulsa
  • Upstate Medical University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Christine Kleinert Inst For Hand/Microvasc Surg
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Farr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Farr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Farr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Farr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Farr to family and friends
Dr. Farr's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Farr treated my elderly Mom’s fractured elbow. She went the extra mile to make sure Mom was comfortable and didn’t get stuck at the hospital too long. My Mom loved her! My siblings and I were very impressed with her compassion and warmth.
Thank you so much for the review and support! I am so very happy your mother, you, and your family had a good experience. I see some reviews of ease of scheduling appointments, office environment, and staff friendliness could be improved upon. When I open my new practice, I will work hard to improve on these things. Thank you so much and hope your mother is doing well!
in SPRINGFIELD, KY |
EXTREMELY LIKELY. DR. FARR WAS THE BEST DOCTOR THAT I HAVE SEEN. COMPASSIONATE AND CARING.
Dearest Jackie, Was...will be that again in future for you and all my patients. I will be back! I sound like the terminator. Please hang in there and keep eyes and ears open. Thank you so much for the support and the review!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Farr is amazing. She is very personable, caring, and knowledgeable. She listens to the patient and incorporates them 100% in the plan of care. There is no pressure from her. She ensures the patient has the information needed to make a commitment and decision they are comfortable with. I am typing this less than 4 weeks post op with my carpals gliding painlessly over each other! Thank you!
Dear Emily, I know this is gonna sound like a robo reply but it is not :)! I appreciate the support and the wonderful review. Believe me when I tell you this, stay tuned. Look for me in the area. :)
in Louisville ky |
Dr. Farr is the best at what she does. She has taken care of my hands and elbow. I trust her with everything. She is a wonderful dr that listens to what you have to say and explains everything to you. You are the best. Please let me know where you are going as I'm not finished with your services. I was informed she is no longer with nortons.
Dearest Theresa, Thank you for finding me and for the kind review! I agree....you are not done with me! Please stay tuned ;)! Thank you once again for all your support.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Farr is an extremely caring doctor. I had follow up appointments after suffering some dog bites (my two grown dogs had gotten into an extremely aggressive fight). She was kind and caring about my injuries, but also took the time to listen to my story on what happened. If I ever need a hand doctor in the future, I would absolutely go back to her, or if come across someone who needs hand care, I would highly recommend her.
Hi Kimberly, Thank you so much for the kind review. In my practice, I see a lot of trauma. Your story touched my heart given I am a dog person too and understand how pets can become part of our families. During trauma, there are not only physical wounds inflicted upon the patient but emotional ones as well. Sometimes, the emotional wounds last longer than the physical wounds. My goal as a physician to do all I can to help with both.
Prospect, KY |
Saw her for a thumb fracture. She was very friendly and gave me options on treatment. She didn't rush into a surgery which ended up being the best decision. Would definately recommend.
Thank you so much for your kind words. That is my typical treatment philosophy which includes discussing all options with the patient as well as discussing the patients expectations, wants, and needs with treatment. I see that our ease of scheduling appointments and office environment scored low with you. We are working on those things as we speak, and it is not going overlooked. We will continue to try to improve to provide the best care for your hands in the Midwest!!!
in Louisville, KY |
I can't say enough good about Dr. Farr. She is so caring and funny. Her bedside manner is great. I will continue to see her as long as I have problems with my hands. If someone doesn't like her. They should maybe take a look at what's wrong with them.
Thank you Helen! I think I actually laughed out loud when I read your comment. It has been a joy to work with you. I look forward to the next appointment/visit we have!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Farr is an excellent surgeon! I suffered a rather severe left wrist/hand injury in October 2106, fast forward 4 short months and I am back to almost 100%. She is very knowledgeable in her field and concerned for the well being of her patients. Highly recommend!
Greg, Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It has been my pleasure to work with you. You have worked very hard to achieve the results you have obtained after surgery and I applaud your hard work and determination to come back from this injury! Well done! I am happy you chose me to be a part of it!
in Crestwood, KY |
Dr. Farr treated my son for a wrist injury including a radius fracture and ulna dislocation. She was professional and caring. She immediately saw an issue which was missed at the ER and worked quickly to confirm the diagnosis with imaging and get him in for surgery. We are extremely pleased with and grateful for her service! The office staff was also great.
Hi Patty, Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. It has been my pleasure to work with both you and your son to help him feel better and back to 100 percent. Helping your son and working together as a team is one of the many reasons I pursued hand and wrist surgery. Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you guys in the office!
in Sellersburg, IN |
Dr Farr was personable and caring she explained what was going on with my hands a she treated me like i was a human. it was nice being talked to rather than talked at like most Dr's tend to do. I will recommend any and all who need good hand specialist to Dr Farr in the future.
Thank you so much for your kind comments! It makes me so happy to hear of your pleasant experience while visiting my clinic. Please come back if you need anything!
Louisville, KY |
I find the above patients comments about Dr. Farr completely untrue. Dr. Farr was prompt, knowledgable, caring, warm, and funny. She diagnosed me accurately and provided treatment in an efficient manner, all with a pleasant, passionate, joyful attitude. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Farr and would recommend to friends an family.
Thank you very much! I work hard to provide a timely, caring ", personable experience to all my patients.
Terrible doctor. Very unprofessional, cold & uncaring.
Have you seen Dr. Leela Farr, MD?

Visit Dr. Farr