Dr. Lee Metchick, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Metchick

Endocrinology of Central Florida

109 W Knapp Ave Edgewater, FL 32132

Dr. Lee Metchick, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Edgewater, FL and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from St. George's School of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Metchick accepts

Dr. Metchick accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Health Net
PacifiCare
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Metchick's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Metchick's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hypothyroidism

Dr. Metchick treats Hypothyroidism more than 100% of his peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Metchick treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 100% of his peers

Diabetes Type 2

• Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

3.4

Dr. Metchick?
Dr. Metchick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lee Metchick, MD
I am a diagnosed diabetic, one Friday night at 10:00 P.M. I took my blood sugar prior to going to bed. My blood sugar was over 600, I knew if I went to the ER, they would admit me. I called Dr. Metchick and told him my situation and asked that he keep me from going to the ER, I did not want to be hospitalized. Dr. Metchick had me contact him throughout the entire weekend to instruct me as to how to bolus my insulin. Thank God for his sincere, genuine caring attitude. With his help I managed to avoid a hospitalization. I will never forget the care in which he gave and how attentive he was. Another incident is when I had to have a biopsy of my thyroid and I was scared to death, I hate needles! He was so kind and comforting, it was easy! Yes, that's right a needle hater saying it was easy so that speaks volumes about Dr. Metchick.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Go elsewhere. You will be lucky to get an appointment in a 2+ month time frame and then you will be lucky to see the doctor (as opposed to an assistant) ever. This doctor puts profit over patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Great person who listens to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Arrogant and not knowledgeable. He is supposed to specialize in metabolism and weight loss. He refused to order a metabolic panel, hormone panel, insulin test or thyroid panel. His advice was to lower my calories and increase my activity. He wasted my time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Dr. Metchick is awesome. I have had experience with a lot of doctors. Dr. Metchick has great personality and he is very approachable. You can discuss anything with him. He treats you as an equal. He never talks down to you. He still iis very professional with discussions about your state of your health issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
DR.METCHICK IS AN AMAZING DR. HE WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME AND IM SO BEYOND THANKFUL. HE IS EXTREMELY GENUINE AND KNOW HIS STUFF.I HAD TO REDO MY BIOPSY STUFF WITH HIM AND I WAS SCARED FROM MY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE. HE WAS DONE IN LESS THE 5 MINS NO NUMBING OR MEDS ....HE WAS TALKING TO ME AND B 4 U KNOW IT I WAS DONE NO PAIN OR DISCOMFORT. HIS KNOWLEDGE AND STAFF MADE ME FEEL SO COMFORTABLE AND WORRY FREE. THANK U ?????? 2 UR STAFF AND THE DR. R A WONDERFUL COMBINATION. IM BEYOND BLESSED
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Dr Metchick provides individual approach to treating patients. He is not a one size fits all doctor. He views each case as a puzzle to create the best possible care for the patient. He goes above and beyond!! His office staff is amazing as well. He is the first doctor to offer ways to make me better not mange my diabetes. So blessed to have him as my doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
He & his staff are patient & kind. Dr.Metchick explains everything where you can understand. Is not in a big rush & answers all concerns. He performed thyroid biopsy today, he's very caring, knowledgeable & gentle. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
My primary referred me to Dr. Metchick. I'm pretty apprehensive and nervous about medical procedures, but the Dr. and his staff made me feel much more relaxed. They were friendly and easy to talk to. Dr. Metchick was easy to talk to and very reassuring during my biopsy, which was quick and easy with only a little discomfort. I would definitely recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
I saw him on my initial visit (had to go to Deland for that appt for some odd reason) never saw him after that.His PA talks to you like you’re in elementary school.When my T3 came back borderline normal I requested to be given a small dose in hopes of getting it in the higher range. I was told he doesn’t prescribe T3.An endocrinologist that doesn’t prescribe a thyroid medication? And every time they did blood work I was to come back in 3 months. 6 weeks is customary. I wouldn’t take a dog to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Dr. Metchick diagnosed me with papillary thyroid cancer several years ago. I appreciated his direct approach and all the information he gave me. Although direct, he is very kind and compassionate. He's been helping me make the right decisions for my thyroid health ever since. I completely trust him and wouldn't think of going anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Metchick for at least 10 years and I recommend him to anyone who has either diabetes or problems with their thyroid. The office staff is excellent and Dr. Metchick and his PA Crystal have seen me through some very difficult times with both illnesses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
First off their office runs like a well oiled machine with each person being completely aware of what the other parts of the office are doing. Everyone was extremely sharp and friendly. The Doctor. Well this is a doctor who knows what he is doing. He seem to welcome my questions and took time to really explain in detail. He was friendly, warm and seemed genuinely glad to have me as his patient. A really wonderful experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Metchick's for several years now. He and his staff are always very knowledgeable and personable. They don't overbook unlike my last endo where I felt like a number and he doesn't rush. I can call them with any questions and he calls me back himself when he could just have a nurse do it. As someone who is fairly new to Type 1 and struggles with lows it is very good to know that there is a doctor and his staff who do care for their patient's well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Well, I am certainly glad I didn't read the reviews before going to Dr. Metchick. He was referred by my primary physician. My experience with Dr. Metchick and his staff, from when I first walked into the office until I walked back out the door, was the best I have received from any doctor's office in years. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was extremely friendly and professional, and on time! When Dr. Metchick himself asked me how his staff had treated me, I was stunned. Awesome experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
I began seeing Dr M and I believe I was such poor control of my T1D that I was on my way to death. Truly. His upfront and truthful care saved my life. I went from a 13+ A1c to under 7 in 2-3 years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
We were having problems with our last Dr. friends recommended Dr. Metchick, glad we did. He answered all our question. When we went in to meet the Dr. we had heavy shoulders with tons of questions and concerns. After it was all said and done the weight was lifted and the pressure was released.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Great experience. Dr. Metchick and his staff are friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They listen and don't over-evaluate. Having had a bad experience with another endocrinologist, i was fearful and distrustful. Dr. Metchick and his staff alleviated my worries and made me feel comfortable and safe. Worth the drive!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
I love Dr. Metchick! He diagnosed me with a serious problem in just one visit which other doctors neglected to do so for years. His recommendation of surgeons & hospitals as well as his after surgery care have saved my live and definately given me a healthy, more meaningful life. He is one of the best doctors I found in Florida, and I'm so greatful for his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Mostly fair, admittedly not available for a lot of face time but it is satisfactory for my needs, and staff is very pleasant and helpful. Might not be the best for someone with a new diagnosis.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Metchick?