Dr. Lee Metchick, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. Lee Metchick, MD
Dr. Lee Metchick, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Edgewater, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

Dr. Metchick's Experience

See how Dr. Metchick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Metchick

Dr. Metchick accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Metchick is now accepting new patients

Dr. Metchick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Metchick to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Metchick's Performance
    GOOD
Kissimmee, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr Metchick's for several years now. He and his staff are always very knowledgeable and personable. They don't overbook unlike my last endo where I felt like a number and he doesn't rush. I can call them with any questions and he calls me back himself when he could just have a nurse do it. As someone who is fairly new to Type 1 and struggles with lows it is very good to know that there is a doctor and his staff who do care for their patient's well being.
in New Smyrna Beach, FL |
Well, I am certainly glad I didn't read the reviews before going to Dr. Metchick. He was referred by my primary physician. My experience with Dr. Metchick and his staff, from when I first walked into the office until I walked back out the door, was the best I have received from any doctor's office in years. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was extremely friendly and professional, and on time! When Dr. Metchick himself asked me how his staff had treated me, I was stunned. Awesome experience!
in Deltona, FL |
I began seeing Dr M and I believe I was such poor control of my T1D that I was on my way to death. Truly. His upfront and truthful care saved my life. I went from a 13+ A1c to under 7 in 2-3 years.
in DeBary, Florida |
We were having problems with our last Dr. friends recommended Dr. Metchick, glad we did. He answered all our question. When we went in to meet the Dr. we had heavy shoulders with tons of questions and concerns. After it was all said and done the weight was lifted and the pressure was released.
in Daytona Beach Shores, FL |
Great experience. Dr. Metchick and his staff are friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They listen and don't over-evaluate. Having had a bad experience with another endocrinologist, i was fearful and distrustful. Dr. Metchick and his staff alleviated my worries and made me feel comfortable and safe. Worth the drive!
in New Smyrna Beach, FL |
I love Dr. Metchick! He diagnosed me with a serious problem in just one visit which other doctors neglected to do so for years. His recommendation of surgeons & hospitals as well as his after surgery care have saved my live and definately given me a healthy, more meaningful life. He is one of the best doctors I found in Florida, and I'm so greatful for his care.
Mostly fair, admittedly not available for a lot of face time but it is satisfactory for my needs, and staff is very pleasant and helpful. Might not be the best for someone with a new diagnosis.
in Lake Mary, FL |
He spend very little time with patients and always wants them to be the guinea pig for new medicine. He is more concerned with the drug companies payment than his patients. He gets snippy when you don't want to try the newest thing. He also sells his patients personal info and telephone number to drug trials and they call you incessantly without merit.
Have you seen Dr. Lee Metchick, MD?
Are you Dr. Metchick?

Compare Dr. Metchick

Dr. Metchick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

Dr. Metchick has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Metchick's Board Certifications

University of Connecticut

Completed in 2002

Tufts University-Baystate Medical Center

Completed in 2004

Dr. Metchick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Metchick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism