Dr. Lee Kaback, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Kaback

Dr. Lee Kaback, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Albany, NY and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University of Vermont / College of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaback

Dr. Kaback?
Dr. Kaback's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lee Kaback, MD
Dr Kaback is very good at what he does. Professional and knowledgeable. I brought my adult son with autism to the appt with me. He was starting to freak out about my injury just when Dr Kaback walked into the exam room. Dr Kaback introduced himself to my son and was able to connect and calm him down with impressive professionalism. I don’t remember what he said but I do remember wishing that more people, especially doctors, had the calming demeanor that I saw in Dr Kaback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Was met with professionalism and friendliness. Got right to the problem and explained the procedure best for my shoulder. Results of surgery were very successful. I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Kaback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
after a bad fall, my left arm was rendered useless. after the reverse shoulder replacement,my arm is almost 100 percent again after 6 months. i`m very grateful for the work dr. kaback did, and would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Payback. I broke my shoulder and thought I would need surgery. He told me no it would not make a difference. He is honest and straightforward. He tells it like it is. There is no fluff with him. He is personable and does not treat you like you are dumb. Made me feel at ease right away and that I was in good hands. So happy I followed the recommendation given to me about him and will highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Payback!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Kaback his calm friendly demeanor and explaining the step by step process of left rotator cuff surgery on my Shoulder made it less fearful and I had The surgery January 15th 2019 And I'm feeling really ????good!! Even the incisions for the surgery isn't that noticeable! Thank You! Dr Kaback for good care and good service!! And your friendly reassuring smiles!! ?? that all would be well!! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kaback for shoulder replacement in 2014. Dr. Kaback was very professional and explained everything that was going to happen with my surgery. Had excellent therapy and follow-up visits...now 5 yrs later...no pain still and don't even remember what it was like before my surgery. I would recommend Dr. Kaback to anyone who is considering having this or elbow surgery....would go back if anything else comes up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Dr. Kaback performed reverse shoulder surgery on my right shoulder on November 30, 2018. He and his team were meticulous in assuring absence of harmful organisms to improve my chances of recovery. The surgery was a success. After two months of physical therapy, I had little pain, my arm has greater range of motion, and my strength is returning. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
I broke my shoulder in four places. Dr. Kaback performed surgery on Dec. 22 and I have been in therapy for almost 2 months. I have almost full range of motion and will improve with time. I cannot praise this doctor highly enough. He explained the procedure and answered all my questions thoroughly and kindly. His expertise and care will not be forgotten.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
My husband had to have rotator cuff surgery in december and Dr. kaback did an amazing job. He was always very friendly, spent time explaining everything along the way and what to expect. My husband has actually completed his physical therapy and is feeling great thanks to Dr. kaback. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Dr Kaback did a total shoulder replacement on October. Recover was great.Did physical therapy for 3 months. Dr. Kakack is a wonderful doctor. Listens to what you have to say. I'm so please he was my doctor. Would recommend he to any one I know that need shoulder surger.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
highly professional, excellent "bedside" manner, friendly and easy to talk to
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Dr. Kaback is an outstanding surgeon. He is very knowledgeable & explains procedures in lay person terms. I’ve had both shoulders repaired by him, with no complications, and would highly recommend him!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Dr. Kaback did shoulder surgery on me in September. I was in constant pain, especially at night, and had lost my range of motion in my shoulder affecting my arm. It is now December and I have no more pain, i'm sleeping like a baby. I have the use of my arm back. Thank you! Dr. Kaback is funny and personable. He pulls no punches. He tells you exactly what to expect and what he is going to do. I've never had to waste my time waiting for them to bring me in for my appointment. Try him You'll Love h
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Dr. Kaback successfully operated on my elderly mother's broken arm. In all appointments, both pre- and post-surgery, he was kind, thoughtful, and sincere. He took his time with us and made sure he answered all our questions. He explained the procedure and it after-effects clearly and accurately. He is very down-to-earth and friendly and I have no hesitation in recommending him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
My right shoulder was so painful that I could not sleep and normal strength in my right arm was gone. After almost a year of pain (I thought it was normal aging-arthritis). The doctor confirmed a giant bone spur, bone on bone and arthritis. I chose shoulder replacement as a fix and I have zero pain! After 4 weeks I am almost back to full range movement and building my strength back to normal. Thank you Dr. Kaback, Dr. Pavel, Megan and all staff!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Kaback. I had a total right shoulder replacement done last December. Dr. Kaback performed a much less invasive procedure that did not require a rod be placed down into the humerus. I had no pain during recovery and did not have to take any pain pills at home. Physical Therapist was amazed at my range of motion without pain on my first visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Gave me a new shoulder even after another surgeon told me nothing could be done . Had a great outcome from a talented, considerate and friendly surgeon. Only needed pain meds for one day following surgery. I give him a total five star rating!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Dr Kaback replace my shoulder in late December by June I was playing my favorite sport golf.He is a true professional in all aspects thank you sir I would highly recommend him to any one in need of his services Mike Cos Halfmoon NY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
So happy with the care I received from Dr. Kaback. He was very thoughtful in explaining options for the treatment of my shoulder and communicated in an easy to understand manner. The staff at the office is always helpful and positive. Appointment times were met with very little waiting. Highly recommend Dr. Kaback if you have a shoulder injury!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Kaback, MD?
Excellent care provided. Waiting time was just minutes. Very professional staff. Dr. Lee Kaback took his time and answered my questions and suggested three ways to address my shoulder issue. Thank You Dr. Kaback
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kaback?

Each one of my patients is an individual case to me. I have extensive fellowship training in shoulder and elbow reconstruction with a goal of returning my patients to their preinjury level. I pride myself with a very strong working relationship with many of the physical therapists in the area that can assist in your full recovery.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

2011
Brown University. Shoulder and Elbow reconstruction.
2010
Strong Memorial Hospital. University of Rochester School of Medicine. Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery
2006
University of Rochester. Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery. Musculoskeletal Research.
2005
2005
2004

• Charles Neer Award Finalist. American Shoulder and Elbow Society, 2011

Dr. Kaback accepts

Dr. Kaback accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
MVP Health Care
MVP Health Care PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Kaback's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kaback's Top Procedures and Conditions

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Dr. Kaback treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Kaback treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
  • Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
Shoulder Disorders

• Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Extremity Fracture

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kaback treats patients.