Dr. Lee Altman, MD

Dr. Altman
Telehealth services available

Altman Psychiatric Associates

1044 Central St Ste 103 Stoughton, MA 02072

Dr. Lee Altman, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Stoughton, MA and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts Medical School medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with medical facilities Brigham And Women's Hospital and Good Samaritan Medical Center. He is not accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Altman to book an appointment.

Dr. Altman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Altman

2.5

Dr. Altman?
What People Say About Dr. Lee Altman, MD
I called Dr. Altman at my Darkest hour and for him and his practice it became all about money!! He wouldn’t give me an appointment on 5/22/20 because I wouldn’t guarantee him appointments on 2021 a full 7 months later!! $60 in May $250+ in January!! Proceeded to say that he didn’t want to take me because he was going to retire in a year? At one point acted like he cared about me till it became about the money;( SHAME ON YOU!!
Sandro Brito – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Has been great going to Dr. Altman. He has helped tremendously with the mental health issues I’ve been dealing with.
May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Altman about a yr & 1/2, and have had nothing but great experiences. It's not always easy to find a psychiatrist that you click with & feel comfortable speaking to. I struggled for a long time with that. In the meantime, my mental health was wreaking absolute havoc in my life. When I started seeing Dr. Altman, he helped me get back on track. I can't even begin to explain the difference! Always have an easy time making appts. He's great about remembering my schedule & the days/time that work best for me. Any time I've had to call him & have gotten his voicemail, I've never waited more than a few hrs for a callback. Very pleasant demeanor & actually listens as opposed to tuning out like a lot of psychs tend to do. He remembers what's going on in my life, family, job, etc without having to pull up my file. Would definitely recommend!!!
KV – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Gave me meds that caused more anxiety. When I called him he told me it was weird that I called. He got angry and said “what what what do you want? Want me to take your credit card and charge you a copay over the phone???” Unprofessional!
Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
It took many years for me to find the right doctor! Dr. Altman,I feel, is one of those people in his profession that makes you feel he is actually concerned & cares about my well being /state of mind. Since working w/Dr. Altman my quality of life has profoundly improved! Thank you Dr.
Patient of more than 4 years in Canton, none – Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Dr Altman is extremely professional. He is extremely thorough in making sure you get the proper treatment. He is professional and listens. I am very glad he is helping me navigate my mental illness
Matt – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Horrible MD. Not there if your in crisis!
Mar 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Quiet office because no one is there, not even a secretary. He jumps to conclusions. Was nice as pie at first and then will turn on you in an instant if he thinks you’re being deceptive. Which I wasn’t being. He turned out to be judgmental when he didn’t even know the whole story. Never encountered this in my life. Maybe he needs some analyzing. Seriously rude which will be his loss because I have good health insurance and can go elsewhere
Feb 23, 2018
Never
Dedham, MA – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Psychiatrists have limited time and huge demand. He spends the right amount of time with me. Medical billing is not my concern, my concern is becoming increasingly well, which Dr. Altman is indeed helping with. Some providers do not deal with folks with hospital level of care needs. No need to slam someone over it. Overall Very pleased and do recommend.
Brockton, MA – Nov 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Before residency just to have mounds of paper work on top of internalizing all the overly cautious governmental but with out any assistance, much higher responsibility over life and the exhaustive talking. I'm starting to realize no one(the majority of patients) are not smart enough to understand their own problems even though the answers are written all over the internet. Who wants to spend time talking about my problems??: Especially with the tech name of a psych is a psychopharmacologist.
Sharon, MA – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
i checked myself into the hospital because of an extreme anxiety, the hospital wanted to make sure my psychiatrist would prescribe me the meds. That they prescribed me before releasing me. When I called dr Altman to ask him if he would he acted annoyed that I was in the hospital and said he didn't know if he had time for me. He made me cry on multiple occasions when I told him he was making me feel had he said, "don't play the victim" I would rather suffer alone then see him.
Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman is a cold and callous man. He is into his profession strictly for the money. He provides no therapy whatsoever, just prescribes medications. Appointments are 15 minutes in duration at best, yet he bills for a 'long' session. The man has ripped off my insurance company from the get go, and when questioned about his fees, he becomes totally defensive. To quote his response: Why do you care about how much I charge your insurance provider; you're only responsible for a small co-pay!
Anonymous in Stoughton, MA – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman doesn't staff a medical secretary, insurance coder or anyone to assist him with medical paperwork processing. A serious concern and red light arose in my mind, but not until Dr. Altman complained about completing insurance paperwork for STD and lastly basically refused to submit paperwork because he just had come back from vacation and literally asked ME when HE was going to have time to finish my paperwork. This is HIGHLY unprofessional - DELETE from Contacts and report medical board
Randolph, MA – Mar 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lee Altman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Altman?

Compassionate, comprehensive and collaborative care in a nurturing and relaxing setting with expert treatment

• Psychiatry