Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD

Family Medicine ·  Female · Age 44

Dr. Swartwout

Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD is a family medicine specialist in Florissant, MO and has been practicing for 16 years. She graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2003 and specializes in family medicine, geriatric medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Swartwout accepts

Dr. Swartwout accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Swartwout treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Swartwout's conditions and procedures:

" As a physician, my goal is to help patients improve their health through compassionate,evidence-based medicine. I collaborate with those in my care to help them build the tools necessary to prevent chronic disease or manage their chronic conditions successfully."

• Geriatric Medicine

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Swartwout?
Dr. Swartwout's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD
Dr. Swartout is very thorough, thoughtful and easy to talk with. She comes across as very knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
Horrible experience as a first time patient. She came in, introduced herself, then went to the PC to check my records. She asked me if I had seen my most recent labs and "OMG these are horrible!" As someone who suffers from anxiety, this was not the bedside manner I was hoping for and always received from my doctors in the past. If you suffer any sort of mental issues, please do not see this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
Doctor Leah is amazing. I had been fainting increasingly frequently since 2015, and when I finally decided to get another opinion I found her. She knew immediately what I had and was able to reassure me. Now that she told me what the condition is and how to prevent blacking out, I’ve prevented myself from fainting a few times already. I’m so thankful to her and her staff for always taking care of me. She responds very quickly on MyChart as well!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
Dr. Swartwout is an incredible Physician. Not only am I a patient, but my two children, as well as my parents, entrust Dr. Swartwout with our care as our PCP. My oldest is nine years old and has gone to her since birth. The same for my four year old. We followed her from her previous location at St. Luke's, to SSM, because we trust and value her medical expertise. It is a relief to have Dr. Swartout overseeing our preventative care, and we highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
I haven’t had an experience with her because I’m always on hold for over 15 minutes to speak with someone. I called 3 times. Once I did speak with someone, the appointment was pushed out for 2 months to see a new patient. She’s too busy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
I have the utmost confidence in her diagnosis' and recommendations. She thoroughly explains what's going on and takes the time to make sure you understand and agree. She is genuinely interested in the individual and cares about her patients. Dr. Swartwout moved her practice approximately 25 miles away from her previous practice. I now travel that distance to continue to be under her care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
Dr. Swartwout is an excellent Dr. She is very down to earth and makes you feel right at home. She is very patient and thorough. She or her staff are very quick to get back to you regarding any tests she may have ordered. I just started seeing her this year at the Florissant office and I am beyond satisfied. I have recommended her to the rest of my family and friends. Also, convenience is factor as you can see your dr., get your labs, x-rays and an urgent care all in the same location.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Swartwout for years she always made things easy for me and I trusted her, I knew she would do her best for my condition. I have moved to a different state and GREAT DR's are hard to find. I certainly found one in her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
Dr. Swartwout is great at listening to, assessing, and finding a solution to my medical needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?
Dr. Swartwout is simply the BEST doctor that I have ever had here in St. Louis and I have lived here 45 years. SHE CARES. Mrs. M. Eisenberg
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Leah Swartwout, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Swartwout?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Swartwout treats patients.

St. Luke's Hospital