Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD

Adult Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 59

Dr. Kirkland

"DR.Kirkland is a Highly intelligent,well mannered psychiatrist.Ive been to 3 others and none match up.She has helped me so so much.She has high knowledge of medication,and very reputable knowledge of Psychology.Id reccomend her to anyone out there struggling."

Read Review

"Easy to get first appointment, but has been nearly impossible to get in contact with for refills & follow up appointments. I have never had a single call returned and emails take days to get a response. My last appointment I had scheduled was canceled the day of; I didn’t know until I showed up to a closed office. I later saw I had received an unprofessional email from the secretary sent from a gmail account. Also, twice in 6 months I’ve had gaps in my medications due to unresponsiveness."

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kirkland

3.1

Dr. Kirkland?
Dr. Kirkland's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD?
Dr. Kirkland has provided excellent attention and medical advice regarding our daughter's needs. She has gone out of her way to get the most relevant information possible through counseling and information provided by other professionals when making decisions about prescribing medication. As an education professional, I have also worked with clients who have been very pleased with her services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD?
I completely disagree with the negative reviews. Dr. Kirkland has always been very understanding, willing to take the necessary time, and helpful after hours on the occasions that I needed her. She stays very busy, so urgent appointments are not easy to schedule. I highly recommend Dr. Kirkland.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD?
Extremely quick to prescribe medication without adequate counseling. I found out after a year of taking three separate medications she put me on that they weren't nearly as effective as a good therapist. I wish I hadn't had the year of horrible side effects.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD?
She was cold, insulting, pushy with medication, and failed to provide adequate talk therapy. The medication she was pushing, I later discovered, was not appropriate, according to another top psychiatrist in town. It was very difficult to schedule appointments. The receptionist seemed to rarely be there, and only answered the phone about 10% of the time. Her schedule was pretty open - most psychiatrists in town are hard to get an appointment with. The office environment was clean and fine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lea Kirkland, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kirkland?

"Dr. Kirkland has practiced in Winston Salem for over 23 years, first in Internal Medicine and then psychiatry. The practice focuses on the out patient treatment of child, adolescent and adult patients with mental health issues including anxiety and ...

• Adult Psychiatry

• Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Social Phobia

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kirkland treats patients.