Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 69

Dr. Pomeraniec
1 Post Rd Fairfield, CT 06824

Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Fairfield, CT and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from Universidad De Buenos Aires, Facultad De Ciencias Medicas in 1973 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Pomeraniec accepts

Dr. Pomeraniec accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Pomeraniec's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pomeraniec's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)

Dr. Pomeraniec treats Dysthymia (Chronic Depression) more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Pomeraniec treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Dr. Pomeraniec treats Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders) more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Pomeraniec treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Pomeraniec treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Pomeraniec treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Pomeraniec's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Personality Disorders
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

4.2

Dr. Pomeraniec?
Dr. Pomeraniec's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD
Dr. P is a good doctor. He listens to you and is caring. I would not hesitate to recommend him. He has helped me and most impressive is his knowing of which medications are right for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Doctor P is a very thoughtful and careful practitioner. I have been seeing him for about 8 years and find his ability and demeanor spot on! Please consider this most capable physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
If you are dealing with ADD issues as an adult, I can highly recommend Dr. Pomeraniec for his knowledge on the subject. He has tremendous compassion but is also no-nonsense. For me, he was instrumental in my dealing with postpartem depression, as well, and his help made a gigantic impact on my life. He is honestly there to help you and worth the wait at appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
I have been a patient of his for roughly 4 years now. I would recommend him to anyone who needed psychiatric help, until recently. During my session, he was writing in other patients charts and didn't seem attentive at all. He was being extremely rude and even had the audacity to tell me to "get over it and move on" when speaking about how I felt down. I left in tears. I will NOT be returning.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Was given his name from my insurance carrier. After providing all relevant information, the assistant called me back to state that my insurance pays a very low rate and therefore, he would not see me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
The first time I went for an appointment, I had to wait over 45 min to see the dr. The front desk staff is extremely rude and very curt. After waiting 45 min to meet with the dr, my appointment lasted less than 15 minutes. He was very distracted and checked his phone often. I wanted to give him a chance because of all the great reviews, but I found myself having to repeat important details from previous visits with each subsequent visit. He just wants your money and could care less about you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Dr. P genuinely cares about his patients. He's the no nonsense kind who is blunt. I absolutely love him and his staff. Thank you very much for taking care of me at all times! I moved over an hour away but drive back for his appointments because there's nobody that I believe will take care of my me talk health needs like Dr. P. I thoroughly trust his judgement and recommendations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Best doctor I've ever had. Listens to you, is upfront with you. Can come off a little abrasive at first, but he doesn't waste time, and fixes the problem on the spot. On top of that, he's probably one of the most intelligent men I've ever met. He sees through BS immediately and can diagnose a condition in seconds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Dr. Pomeraniec is good if you need someone to talk to. If you need paperwork filled out, especially about previous visits, you're in for a bad time. I was told he WILL NOT fill out the paperwork till I scheduled an appointment to see him. And then, make sure you know what you have to have Dr. Pomeraniec to do; if you don't and you have to call back to have changes made, it won't happen. You'll wait days for a response from the office, and dealing with an unempathetic staff, I CANNOT recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
I would recommend Dr .Pomeraniec to anyone who needed specialized, kind, care. The office staff is efficient and timely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Since seeing Dr. Pomeraniec I have had a marked improvement in my health and well being. He is a kind doctor that is thoughtful about his approach to care. He makes himself available for emergencies, which was very helpful when trying new meds. He will continually try new things to help me. Some days the wait time is long, this is typically due to emergencies that occur.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
I've been going to him for years. He has been nothing but patient with me. He got me on the right Medicine and my life has changed for the better
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Positively provocative and intellectually challenging. Personally Dr. Pomeraniec is not for everyone, but his inimitable style and the depth of his analysis have been beneficial in my case. I have not had an office visit in 3 years, but Dr. P has continued treatment by phone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Dr. Pomeraniec is a partner in my treatment and we decide together what is the best course of action to control my depression. He is a kind and gentle man with compassion and interest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Dr.Pomeraniec has guided me through some difficult times. He is firm but fair in his treatment. He places the onus of recovery on the patient as it should be. With his help and a patient's effort and perseverance , it is a form of therapy that can lead to improvement In my particular case the doctor has helped me tremendously. I would highly recommend the doctor to those in need of help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Very knowledgable and caring Dr. Many psychiatric Dr's just prescribe without careful consideration. Dr Pomeraniec treats your medical needs and ask you what are you doing to improve your ment health besides medication. It's important like breaking bones or infections, you can treat the injury or disease but if you don take the steps needed to recover and improve medication will only get you so far. Dr Pomeraniec delves into that aspect with you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Dr Pomeraniec has managed my chronic depression for years. he prescribes optimal doses of medication so I experience no unpleasant side effects. He is a great listener & intuitive, unusual in most physicians. He saved my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
I was dealing with a very bad bout of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), depression and anxiety during the period of 2011 to the first half of 2013. I was barely functional. During that time, I began seeing Dr. Pomeraniec for treatment. Fortunately, he found the right combination of medications for me. Since mid-2013, I began to feel much better as the days went on. Right now, I am no longer anxious and/or depressed and my OCD is under control. I cannot be more grateful to Dr. Pomeraniec.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Very down to earth. Understands people's issues. Great understanding of psychoactive medicine approaches for different situations. Calm mannerism & easy to speak with. Garners trust by patients. Well educated. Great person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lazaro Pomeraniec, MD?
Very knowledgeable, personable, experienced, has helped me tremendously.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Pomeraniec?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pomeraniec treats patients.