Dr. Lazaro N. Pomeraniec, MD

Dr. Lazaro N. Pomeraniec, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Columbia Mental Health 340 Capitol Ave Fl 2nd, Bridgeport, CT 06606 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Pomeraniec specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Bridgeport, CT. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Pomeraniec? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Pomeraniec's Experience

See how Dr. Pomeraniec's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pomeraniec

Dr. Pomeraniec accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Pomeraniec's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pomeraniec to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Pomeraniec
Dr. Pomeraniec's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (103)
in Milford, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec is good if you need someone to talk to. If you need paperwork filled out, especially about previous visits, you're in for a bad time. I was told he WILL NOT fill out the paperwork till I scheduled an appointment to see him. And then, make sure you know what you have to have Dr. Pomeraniec to do; if you don't and you have to call back to have changes made, it won't happen. You'll wait days for a response from the office, and dealing with an unempathetic staff, I CANNOT recommend.
Westport, CT |
I would recommend Dr .Pomeraniec to anyone who needed specialized, kind, care. The office staff is efficient and timely.
Since seeing Dr. Pomeraniec I have had a marked improvement in my health and well being. He is a kind doctor that is thoughtful about his approach to care. He makes himself available for emergencies, which was very helpful when trying new meds. He will continually try new things to help me. Some days the wait time is long, this is typically due to emergencies that occur.
in Stratford, CT |
I've been going to him for years. He has been nothing but patient with me. He got me on the right Medicine and my life has changed for the better
in Jacksonville, FL |
Positively provocative and intellectually challenging. Personally Dr. Pomeraniec is not for everyone, but his inimitable style and the depth of his analysis have been beneficial in my case. I have not had an office visit in 3 years, but Dr. P has continued treatment by phone.
in Monroe, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec is a partner in my treatment and we decide together what is the best course of action to control my depression. He is a kind and gentle man with compassion and interest.
in Stratford, CT |
Dr.Pomeraniec has guided me through some difficult times. He is firm but fair in his treatment. He places the onus of recovery on the patient as it should be. With his help and a patient's effort and perseverance , it is a form of therapy that can lead to improvement In my particular case the doctor has helped me tremendously. I would highly recommend the doctor to those in need of help.
in Fairfield ct |
Very knowledgable and caring Dr. Many psychiatric Dr's just prescribe without careful consideration. Dr Pomeraniec treats your medical needs and ask you what are you doing to improve your ment health besides medication. It's important like breaking bones or infections, you can treat the injury or disease but if you don take the steps needed to recover and improve medication will only get you so far. Dr Pomeraniec delves into that aspect with you.
in Seymour, CT |
Dr Pomeraniec has managed my chronic depression for years. he prescribes optimal doses of medication so I experience no unpleasant side effects. He is a great listener & intuitive, unusual in most physicians. He saved my life!
in Trumbull, CT |
I was dealing with a very bad bout of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), depression and anxiety during the period of 2011 to the first half of 2013. I was barely functional. During that time, I began seeing Dr. Pomeraniec for treatment. Fortunately, he found the right combination of medications for me. Since mid-2013, I began to feel much better as the days went on. Right now, I am no longer anxious and/or depressed and my OCD is under control. I cannot be more grateful to Dr. Pomeraniec.
in Stamford, CT |
Very down to earth. Understands people's issues. Great understanding of psychoactive medicine approaches for different situations. Calm mannerism & easy to speak with. Garners trust by patients. Well educated. Great person.
in Fairfield, CT |
Very knowledgeable, personable, experienced, has helped me tremendously.
in Milford, CT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Pomeraniec, since 2001. My mental illness is something that I pay deep attention to, in order to live the life I truly want. Dr. Pomeraniec knows me well & if I do experience any type of extreme depression, extreme stress or difficulty adjusting to new medications, he is willing to always work with me until I feel better. For a period of time, I was unemployed & Dr. Pomeraniec provided me with samples of meds, due to the high cost. He goes above. Excellent doctor.
Dr. Pomeraniec has always been there for me when I need him. He is insightful, a great listener and gives you his undivided attention. He has managed my symptoms and helps me understand why certain circumstances affect me. He not only manages my mental health, but is interested in my medical conditions and will coordinate care when necessary.
in Fairfield, CT |
I have been going to Dr. Pomerience for 15 years. His care and concern are top notch. I would highly recommend him!
in Bridgeport, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec is an amazing Dr. He really cares about his patients and listens to them.
in Shelton, CT |
I have had nothing but a positive, healing experience when it comes to managing my depression and anxiety. Dr. Pomeraniec has an expertise in knowing how to manage my treatment. I would not be where I am today without his professionalism!
in Stamford, CT |
Wonderful doctor. I had seen 6 other p-docs before going to Dr. Pomeraniec on a recommendation. None of the others helped me adequately for my Anxiety issues. With Dr. Pomeraniec`s help I have my life back now. I cannot thank him enough.
in Bridgeport, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec was extremely receptive during my initial screening. He was helpful in providing the necessary background information to not only inform but discuss my condition using non medical terms. I immediately felt that Dr. Pomeraniec was genuinely interested in helping find a solution. He was very thorough in his diagnosis which allowed me to feel confident in that he was making a well informed decision.
in Fairfield, CT |
I absolutely recommend anyone who wants to heal and thrive to go to Dr. Pomeraniec. I was so happy that he was different in his understanding and compassion during my consultation. I am happy there is a team psychologist/ therapist to help rethink strategies and it helps in the healing process. Dr. Pomeraniec doesn't just write prescriptions he cares so much and enjoys seeing his patients do well. He always answered emergency calls and I am so grateful for his help.
Dr. Pomeraniec has changed my life. The help he has provided for my anxiety has worked wonders. It can be a bit of a wait for my appointment but that is bc he really takes the time to speak to and counsel his patients. He doesn't just throw prescriptions at them. I recommend him to everyone!
in Monroe, CT |
He has been my doctor for over 20 years, he is a kind, compassionate man dedicated to the welfare of his patients.
in CT |
Dr. P is very patient and caring. He is an amazing Dr. and genuinely cares about his patience.
in Stamford, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec is very professional, understanding and compassionate. I am so glad that I started to take therapy with him just on time. ??
Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec is professional, caring and knowledgeable. He has been my doctor for ten years and prescribes all of my medications for depression. I see him once a month. I know that if there was ever a reason to see him sooner, his staff would quickly get me in to see him. If you are reading this and looking for help regarding your mental health, I urge you to see Dr. Pomeraniec. It took me many years to find someone like Dr. Pomeraniec. It was my general physician who referred me to him.
in Oxford, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec has helped me so much. I hadn't seen him in years when I recently called him. I was a mess! I had been through some emotional trauma and was crying all the time, feeling hopeless, sleeping too much, and very anxious. When Dr. Pomeraniec saw me, he said, Susie, you don't have to feel like this. I am here to help you. And he did. I feel like ME again. His quiet, caring disposition is very comforting. He really listens, but most importantly, I trust him.
in Shelton, CT |
I have had a very good experience. He listens and is considerate of my answers. He is straightforward and very clear on what is needed from me and for me. He is clear on his expectations. He cares.
New York, NY |
Dr pomeraniec is very professional and caring. He did very precise diagnosis to me on my first visit. The medication he gave me started working effectively in the first week of the treatment. He is very patient, smart and caring. He is definitely the best psychiatrist I ever met. I definitely recommend him.
Bridgeport, CT |
He listens well and engages you in conversation and gives good advice as to how you can help yourself. He has a very calming nature.
in Monroe, CT |
Doctor denied me treatment since I had to cancel a new patient appointment due to my husband being on life support and having a medical emergency. I asked for the doctor to call me back and was denied even that courtesy.
in Monroe, CT |
Dr. Pomeraniec is very compassionate and understanding. His knowledge regarding psychiatry and the various medicines available have helped tremendously to put me at ease, which is saying a lot for a person with social anxiety.
in CT |
After suffering the loss of my spouse, I experienced extreme anxiety and depression. My primary care physician told me that I needed to go see Dr. Pomeraniec because she said that he is the very best. She was right. Since then, I have a new life with much to look forward to. I went from depressed, not being able to sleep or eat, no interest in normal activities to a happy person who has much to enjoy and experience in life. I have so much respect for this highly intelligent and caring doctor
in Fairfield,CT |
So nice and understanding. He is easy to talk to and knows his patients on a personal level. I have been going to him for about 3 years and always have a great experience.
in Bridgeport, Ct |
Dr. Pomeraniec has been my MD for the past 10 years. He's a very good doctor and has been able to control my bipolarity.
Have you seen Dr. Lazaro N. Pomeraniec, MD?
Are you Dr. Pomeraniec?

Compare Dr. Pomeraniec

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Universidad De Buenos Aires, Facultad De Ciencias Medicas

Graduated in 1973

Kings County Hospital Center

Completed in 1979

St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center Columbia Med School

Completed in 1983

Dr. Pomeraniec has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pomeraniec has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pomeraniec does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pomeraniec and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Pomeraniec's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Pomeraniec

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Pomeraniec's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Pomeraniec

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients