Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD

Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine  ·
Female
Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD is a maternal-fetal medicine specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 50 years. She graduated from University Of Mumbai/King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College in 1963 and specializes in maternal-fetal medicine, diagnostic maternal & fetal medicine, and more.

302 E 30th St

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bacterial Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Dr. Baxi treats Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders more than 56% of her peers

Dr. Baxi treats this condition more than 56% of her peers

• Normal Vaginal Delivery

Dr. Baxi's conditions and procedures:

• Amniocentesis
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Lupus
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Premature Birth
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Venous Thrombosis and Phlebitis in Pregnancy
  • Yeast Infections

Board certified in obstetrics-gynecology & maternal fetal medicine, with a wide experience. Passionate about providing excellent care with compassion to women for decades now & consider it as my privilege to do so. Believe in educating patients, stud...

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baxi

Dr. Baxi?
Dr. Baxi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD
The worst annual check up I've had ever. I had to wait over an hour when I had an appointment. The entire examination took over an hour as well. I had to repeat a lot of the information I gave, and was constantly re-asked many things. There was no warning of devices going inside me, and was uncomfortable. There were lines crossed with certain comments. The whole experience was unprofessional. My urine sample was left in the bathroom while another patient used the restroom like the other review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is a very wonderful and amazing doctor. She is a gem of a person. She is been very patient and supportive throughout my pregnancy and calmed me down whenever I was nervous or scared as it was my first pregnancy. Her staff was nice and co-operative all the time especially Roshni has been wonderful. She treats people as family and is motherly nature. We have been blessed to meet such a doctor . We wish all the success to her and may she be always healthy and strong???? Regards Deepika
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
She is the best! ???? She delivered all three of my kids. You don't find doctors like her --- professional, knowledgeable and caring. She knows every one of her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Baxi for 8 years now, I have never seen such devotion and dedication from a Doctor! Dr. Baxi makes you feel like you are her only patient. She is always available to answer your questions, and always has the right answers, whether it's a holiday or she's on vacation, she reaches out to check up on you. The office staff is very helpful with scheduling appointments and always tries to accommodate you. Office is always clean and welcoming. I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
This is my third delivery and as a nurse, I can definitely say Dr. Baxi was the best OB. She went above and beyond for me and she surpass my expectation. She performed VBAC delivery and I must say she made me feel at ease during the delivery. She listens to your concerns and will give you feedback. She has great bedside manner which is hard to find nowadays.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I would like to recommend Dr Baxi to everyone. You can rely on her throughout pregnancy and the postpartum period for all decisions. She is very friendly and very patient in answering all your questions. She helps you handle all complications during the pregnancy with great ease. She makes sure that you and your baby reach home healthy and happy. I would have been happier if I could have her in my last pregnancy as well.....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I couldn't have asked for a better dr for my first pregnancy. It was a pregnancy with complications but Dr. Baxi went out of her way to reassure me that it was a great pregnancy and that everything would be great. And she made sure it was. She was constantly in touch with me to check in on me, answering any, and all, questions promptly, telling me to come see her or call when I was feeling anxious. Her attention to my care was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Baxi. From the very first appointment till post delivery, she made me feel at ease. She’s like a mother to me. She’s very cheerful and friendly and she follows up with her patients even on holidays, even when she’s traveling or at anytime of the day. She gives personal attention to each patient addressing every single need or query. if we’re blessed to have another child, we definitely would go back to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Baxi! She recently delivered my first baby. I felt confident going to her from the beginning of the pregnancy, given the online reviews and her decades of experience. She encouraged me to think positive thoughts throughout the pregnancy. She was pragmatic, never recommending any unnecessary interventions. She was generous with her time, in terms of responding to texts and committing to being available for the delivery. She always had my best interests at heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I never wrote a review for anyone or anything in my life but i cant stop myself to speak about Dr.Baxi. she is really an amazing doctor with lot of experience and patience to make her patients feel comfortable. Like other doctors i experienced before she is not a kind of person to do unnecessary procedures and medicines and trouble you in any way. I really love her like my mom. Now im 23weeks pregnant and all these days im visiting her with ultimate joy and happiness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Had my first appointment with Dr Baxi today. I'm confident that I'm going to have a safe and a healthy pregnancy. Her years of experience shines through her counseling, she's extremely caring and thorough! Staff is very polite and were flexible enough to schedule my next appointment on a Sunday .... cannot wait to see her again ??God bless everyone !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Dr Baxi is an excellent ObGyn! I am over 35 years old and just had my 1st baby with Dr Baxi as my OB. Firstly, she is ALWAYS available to answer any of my questions even via text. Secondly, once she takes you as a client, she commits to be available for your delivery! Thirdly, she will go the extra mile to ensure you don't get unnecessary medical procedures. I had a 33hr labor which started with my water breaking and Dr Baxi was patient to see me through a vaginal delivery with no perineum tear!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Would not recommend. Though I had an appointment, I had to wait a long time before even being looked at by reception; when I finally reminded them I was there, they gave me so many forms it took another 20 min. They were so disorganized, there were 2 other urine samples in the bathroom; I am afraid she may have actually switched mine. Since finding out I have had certain conditions, I was promised a follow up appointment, but was never called, & had to call/email several times to get some help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Dr Baxi is an amazing doctor. She is dedicated and available. She is an unbelievable doctor with many years of experience. Dr Baxi has seen it all, and has great results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is a wonderful person and a wonderful doctor. She treated me more than a patient. She is always very positive and very very helpful. She is very knowledgeable and explains every single thing very clearly and solves any questions what we have very patiently. She is available all the time. I can't thank enough to Dr. Baxi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi was pleasant, informative and kind. Loved how transparent the office was and glad I’d selected her as my Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi will go beyond to help you and guide you. She took the time to always sit with us and explain what we were facing. She respected our wishes for the type of birth we wanted and was one hundred percent supportive. There was an emergency during the later portion of the labor and she knew exactly how to handle it. She is knowledgeable, professional, and is a joy to have as a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Baxi I have a relationships with the Dr. for 10 years now, and feel so confident in her hands. She went above and beyond her call of duty and spoke to my insurance company numerous times and had them cover my pregnancy and delivery under her care. My delivery was exceptional the Dr. was there before I got there she took an Uber right when I called her and got everything ready. The labor went so smoothly, and Dr Baxi was at my side the entire time. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Baxi as the OBGYN for our first child. She is an incredibly dedicated, thoughtful and knowledgeable practitioner, and I absolutely trusted her advice and judgment through my pregnancy. What I valued most highly about her is how deeply she cared about me, my family and our child in utero. This made for a special bond. But most of all, her faith in me and her medical judgment allowed me to build confidence in my own ability to bring a new child into the world.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?
Highly professional and experienced doctor you can only wish for. Too bad I did not know her first time my wife was prepregnant and had to go through c-s. Bravo doctor Baxi. You are the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laxmi Baxi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baxi?

Insurance accepted