Dr. Lawrence Weiss, MD

Dr. Lawrence Weiss, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Lawrence Weiss, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Marietta, GA. He is 56 years old. Read his story

4800 Olde Towne Pkwy Ste 360

Marietta, GA 30068

• Alliant Health Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Weiss

See how frequently Dr. Weiss performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Earwax Buildup
Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis

Dr. Weiss's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Weiss' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Weiss "Dr. Lawrence S. Weiss received his MD degree at Tulane University Medical School. His post graduate training included an internship in General Surgery and residency in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at Tulane University Affiliated Hospitals in New Orleans. Dr. Weiss is a fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and he is a member of the American Medical Association and Southern Medical Association. He has authored several articles on otolaryngology and is a recipient of a Johnson and Johnson medical grant as well as a Southern Medical Association grant. Dr. Weiss has extensive experience in pediatric otolaryngology having trained under several prominent pediatric otolaryngologists. He specializes in caring for children as well as adults. Dr Weiss has lived in East Cobb since 1998 with his wife of 21 years, Melissa, and their daughters Hannah and Isabella, and son, Zachary. Two dogs and a cat also occupy the home. However, Dr Weiss refrains from calling them his pets though he is saddled with walking the dog duties!"

This content was provided by Dr. Weiss "Patients are treated like family and friends."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Otolaryngology

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gingivitis
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Amalgam Dental Fillings
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cosmetic Procedure
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Fluoride Treatment
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Pediatric Dental Exam
  • Root Canal
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Tulane University of Louisiana
  • Tulane University School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Weiss has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weiss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weiss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weiss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weiss to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Weiss' Performance
in Marietta,GA |
Dr. Weiss is the best. He helped me understand the options for treating my sinus problems. After trying everything we could, I finally had surgery to correct septum deviation. Dr. Weiss kept us informed and did a great job. I have trusted him to handle my little girl's adenoids. We recommend Dr. Weiss to anyone with ENT needs.
Marietta, GA |
Excellent experience with Dr. Weiss. He is professional, competent, and gives you the time you need - never feels rushed. Highly recommend!
in marietta, ga |
Dr. Weiss has done 2 sinus surgeries on me, and has me on the right amount of medecine. I have gone from 4 to 5 sinus infections a year, to 0.
Alpharetta, GA |
Very professional, likeable and thorough. Dr. Weiss performed the Celon method on me and it really helped me in ways that no prior medicine or treatment did. How nice to breath again.
in Marietta, GA |
Initially met Dr Weiss under emergency bulging ear drum situation. Fixed me up right away. I have had a number of issues since then. I wouldn't think of seeing anyone else but Dr Weiss when it comes to my ears, nose, or throat. Dr Weiss actually takes time to listen attentively to what your issue is. Never rushed. He's even interested in you as a person. What a concept! He's very thorough and meticulous in his examinations and diagnosis. He tells it like it is and instills confidence. Thanks!
in Marietta, GA |
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Weiss. The staff was great and so was he!
in Marietta, GA |
I have had sinus problems for years & when I found Dr Weiss I knew relief was in sight. He immediately identified the problem I was having, it was resolved & I couldn't be happier. My daughter has also chosen Dr. Weiss for her family & they are very pleased. I have had allergy testing, hearing tested & have been well informed regarding my needs. BTW, his bedside manor is of concern & very sincere.
Marietta, GA |
Great rapport with patients and a good listener. Clearly explained my options.
roswell, ga |
Great experience with this thorough doctor who is caring and honest. Went for a second opinion and will return for treatment. Dr. Weiss cleared up confusion I had about a previous diagnosis from a different doctor. The other one was not correct! Nice staff squeezed me in on short notice due to my symptoms. He was friendly but also clear and professional without rushing us.
in Marietta, GA |
Struggled with chronic sinusitis, Dr. Weiss was very patient, took his time to explain the options and I decided to go with surgery. Had the surgery in December and after recovery I could not be happier. I didn't know normal people could breathe this way - it's like having super powers! Huge thank you to Dr. Weiss and his team - life changing experience.
in Kennesaw Ga |
I suffered from continuous sinus infections until Dr Weiss enlarged my sinus passages and repaired my deviated septum. After 6 years I can still breathe through my nose and have not had one sinus infection.
a terrific Dr. Will never use another. Caring and kind
Marietta, GA |
I'm very pleased with Dr. Weiss and Dr Hughart, Audiologist. My daughter was in town for her sister's wedding and began having ear pain. Dr. Weiss worked her in right away even though she was not an established patient. He is very kind with a great sense of humor. Would highly recommend this practice.
Marietta, GA |
He was recommended by one of my neighbors. I was very pleased with the service he provided. I thought it was complete and informative.
in Kennesaw, GA |
I scheduled an appointment with Whitney the Nurse practitioner. Whitney and Dr Weiss were great and made me feel right at home as a first time patient. I have already referred them to my family.
memphis, tn |
Dr Weiss is the best. He takes the time to explain what he is going to do. Glad I chose him.
canton, ga |
Had gone to a gp with no success and Dr Weiss knew immediately what was wrong and took care of it. Thanks.
in marietta, ga |
Dr Weiss solved the issue with one visit Excellent staff.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Weiss is very knowledgeable. I saw 4 different doctors before Dr. Weiss helped me on the 1st visit for what turned out to be a sinus migraine! He has also determined that surgery wasn't necessary and this was after another Dr. told me I must have it. I really appreciate his conservative approach!
Marietta, GA |
Dr. Weiss was able to figure out what was going on with me and help me. He listened to me and what I wanted and did not want (surgery) and together have a plan. I do miss the Woodstock office, but Marietta is not that far.
La Quinta, CA |
One of the best I have been to! I would recommend him and his staff. Nice new office also.
in Lilburn, GA |
I went to two Doctors before seeing Dr. Weiss, and they didnt diagnosed my throat problem. Dr. Weiss figured out the problem on the 1st visit.
St Petersburg, FL |
By far one of the best doctors I've been to in a while. If you are having any sinus / allergy issues. This is the place to go.
Woodstock, GA |
excellent
in Canton, GA |
I hesitate to leave this review for fear of Dr. Weiss becoming so popular that I can no longer get in to see him! Yes, he's that wonderful, along with all the staff at his office. He solved my sinus issues after years of other doctors not being able to address the root cause of the problem. He is kind, respectful, patient, and funny. He now sees both my daughter and myself. I highly recommend Dr. Weiss!
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Weiss saved my life by discovering a cancerous tissue. Thanks to him he recommended a great Dr. and after chemo I am in remission almost 3 yrs. Thank you again!!!!
Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Weiss and his staff were wonderful when I went to them experiencing a sudden complete hearing loss in one ear. They were compassionate, thorough and aggressive in a treatment plan to recover my hearing. While I was counseled that I might not regain full ability in that ear, I did and am grateful that they got me in quickly and started treatment immediately. I highly recommend this practice and Dr. Weiss.
in Roswell, GA |
I have Vertigo-and I get to see Dr. Weiss about every 2-3 years- it goes away with his help- He's my go to Dr.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Weiss has been treating me for over 15 years, never a dull visit!
in Marietta, GA |
Cares. Listens. Works with a patient to achieve resolutions. Highly, highly recommend. He's the best. My insurance changed and now I have to go to "their" doctors. Otherwise, I'd still be a patient of Dr. Weiss!!
Atlanta |
Dr. Weiss explained my condition to me thoroughly. His bedside manner was great.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr Weiss Is an excellent ENT doctor. Listen, explains and overall excellent doctor. I had deviate septum surgery from him a few years ago and never had problems with my nose since then. I rate him 5 stars. Unfortunately my health coverage has taken me elsewhere now but if I have an emergency situation, I would pay out of pocket to see this doctor again.
Marietta, GA |
Did an in office painful test on my child...diagnosed wrong. Went elsewhere after he suggested surgery and was told something completely different...which of course didn't require any surgery...in fact surgery would have been a bad mistake.
Roswell, GA |
Dr. Weiss has always treated me with the utmost respect and care and his team is very friendly but also very professional. Whitney, his nurse practitioner, couldn't be anymore of a nicer person. No one likes going to doctor especially when things hurt and she was very mindful of my concerns and was very gentle; perfect if you have young kids!
Ketchum |
While I was a difficult patient with missed appointments and a lot of personal issues going on I felt I was treated impersonally as could be here by Dr Weiss. Without discussing particulars he felt the chart was more important than his own attention it seemed. I also think very little of the admin staff and their demeanor with me. Furthermore for follow up work with other physicians they sure did less than the minimum asked. I tell stories of this medical practice as the worst I've been to.
Marietta ga |
I was misdiagnosed by my primary care physician and after two weeks of misery, they recommended I see an ENT. I called and Dr. Weiss' office worked me in right away. Dr. Weiss diagnosed me and gave me the appropriate medicine and I was so much better within 24 hours! Highly recommend Dr. Weiss and his staff! The entire experience was terrific!
in Marietta, GA |
My experiences with Dr. Weiss and his staff have been great over the years. They are attentive and always go the extra mile to make my visit enjoyable and knowledgeable.
in Powder Springs, GA |
Excellent care. Dr. Weiss is a very warm and compassionate doctor. Gave me all of the information that I needed to make decisions about my treatment. My surgical outcome was very good. One week post op with no complications and no pain.
Marietta, GA |
I saw dr Weiss 3 times. He prescribed ear drops for a fungus infection in the ears after the 2 nd appointment. He prescribed them to be taken twice daily forever. My ears got much worse. I went back he said I could quit taking the medicine if I wanted but offered no other solution. i went to my gp. She said in all get 20 years of practice she had never seen ears like mine. Completely white from fungus. I ended up having perforations in both ears and two surgeries by a different Ent.
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr Weiss is extremely professional and very nice. He thoroughly explains everything very well & cares enough to give you his best advice for diagnosis and plan. I had septoplasty, sinus Surgery, turbinate reduction and he did an absolutely PHENOMENAL job. Before I couldn't breathe at all through my nose & had chronic sinus infections & he did such a great job! Literally I was able to notice difference day of surgery and after surgery. His staff In office is very caring and welcoming. RECOMMENDED
in Atlanta, GA |
He and his staff were very friendly. My daughter (5yrs) was scared but they put her at ease. I appreciated that very much.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Weiss really, really listens, then suggests options and solutions. He is always warm, caring and willing to explore alternate solutions if necessary. Also, when is the last time your doctor solicited your feedback on his care, his office staff and even the ease of billing? Dr, Weiss does that frequently, then takes to action to improve. I have several years experience as his patient and can attest to his surgical skill as well. Excellent doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Weiss, MD?
Are you Dr. Weiss?

Visit Dr. Weiss

Dr. Weiss accepts 25 insurance carriers
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Choice HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
    Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

1000 Johnson Ferry Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342

Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)