Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Lawrence Turtel, MD
Dr. Lawrence Turtel, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Little Silver, NJ. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Turtel is affiliated with Riverview Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center and Monmouth Medical Center.

200 White Rd

• Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Turtel

Dr. Turtel's Experience

Dr. Turtel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Beth Israel Medical Center-Petrie Campus
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • St Vincent's Hosp & Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Turtel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Turtel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Turtel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Turtel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Turtel to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Turtel's Performance
in Waretown, NJ |
After experiencing double vision over 5 years and finding it getting progressively worse the cataract surgeon I used recommended I meet with Dr. Turtel for discuss strabismus surgery. It was the best thing he had done for me. I met once with Dr. Turtel to get an evaluation an his recommendation. Although he did not pressure me to opt for the surgery I chose to get it done rather than go through increasing the prisms in my glasses. It was a great decision - surgery awesome and successful;!
in Matawan, NJ |
Excellent Dr! My sons eyes are perfect after Dr. Turtel performed surgery to repair muscle in both eyes.he called on the evening of the surgery and the two days that followed to see how our son was doing. He told us we could call him anytime with questions or concerns, and he truly meant it. We highly recommend Dr. Turtel. He is a true professional, who is an expert in his field . We also appreciated that he did not push for surgery, but suggested it be done when absolutely necessary.
in Jackson, NJ |
My daughter was losing her vision in one eye and started having double vision with a slight drift in her eye. Dr Turtel just performed her surgery on 8/18/2017. She is so happy that she is not having this double vision or the drift, not only did Dr. Turtel correct that but he he got vision back in her eye. He called each day over the weekend to make sure she was doing well and even gave his cell number just in case. You don't see that kind of service anymore!! What an amazing doctor!
Brick, NJ |
Dr. Turtel has been seeing my 7 year old regularly since she was 3 years old. He has done wonders for my daughter and her vision. When she first walked into his office, her eyesight was 20/200 and she now sees 20/25. Dr. Turtel is extremely knowledgeable and always takes the time to explain what is going on medically with my daughter (amblyopia) and answer any questions. The office staff is always so sweet and I have never waited more than 5 minutes past my scheduled appointment time.
Red Bank, NJ |
Horrible experience. He had my twin 2 year olds waiting 2 hours! We finally left without completing our appointment!
Highlands, NJ |
Dr Pardone was sweet enough with my child, but the staff in the Little Silver office was not the best. There is one girl at the front desk (nose ring) who had some serious attitude problems....rolling her eyes, nasty face, major attitude. Not sure why she is even there. Hates her job or maybe just her life. Suggestions - make this place more kid friendly (have the docs more tolerant...Turtel in particular...get some children's books), and get a happier front desk crew. Not going back.
in Wall, NJ |
Dr. Turtel made my family extremely comfortable through out the entire process of eye surgery for my 3 year old daughter. Her eyes are perfectly aligned and she is so confident, happy, and active. The doctor was continually available through out the weekend to make sure my daughter was happy and at ease. We highly recommend Dr. Turtel.
Marlboro, NJ |
Dr. Turtel is wonderful. He has such a calming demeanor and he makes my son look forward to his appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. The wait time is a little longer then others but he really takes his time with his patients. Expect a great level of care and compassion.
Ship Bottom, NJ |
We were referred to Dr. Turtel for the development of our daughters head. After a thorough examination, Dr. Turtel referred us to a craniofacial team at CHOP. Our daughter had craniofacial surgery. We are so thankful for Dr. Turtel’s fine-tuned assessment skills and treatment of our daughter. We continue to see Dr. Turtel for amblyopia. Dr. Turtel is amazing with our daughter and she enjoys the noises he makes to engage her during the exam. We are always impressed by his compassionate care.
in Ocean, NJ |
My son was diagnosed as blind in his right eye during his routine age three well-visit with the pediatrician. I was urged to call a pediatric opthamologist immediately and was able to get into Dr Turtel's office that afternoon(Oct 2001). Simply put, fourteen plus years later, my son doesn't even wear corrective eyeglasses!! Amblyopia was cured by only patching the strong eye, forcing the brain to activate the blind one. Dr Turtel and his staff have been amazing these past fourteen years.
in Brielle New Jersey |
I have been a patient of Doctor Turtels for 11 years. Every experience we have had, wether it be the doctor himself or his staff, has been nothing but professional and caring.We have been in all three offices and could not say enough positive things about them.
Oakhurst, NJ |
My son has been a patient of Dr. Turtel's for about 11 years. He preformed his surgery when he was 3 years old. He did a great job! My son is doing very well. His staff does a wonderful job of taking care of us. I trust him completely and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Middletown, NJ |
We were referred to Dr. Turtel by our pediatrician after a poor experience with another physician. Dr. Turtel was able to help my son after a year long struggle. Dr. Turtel is thorough, patient and professional. He explained my son's condition and treatment clearly and completely. He went out of his way to see him to make sure my son was progressing correctly. The office staff are very courteous and professional in all three of his offices.
in Jackson, NJ |
My daughters have been seeing Dr. Turtel for years. He does is patient & does magic. My kids love him. I have recommended him to several people.
Long Branch, NJ |
Dr Turtel is a very good physician and has cute little toys for kids while he examines them. I trust him a lot with my child. He speaks very politely with the parent and does a thorough exam with the patients. I would strongly recommend him.
in Brick, NJ |
Dr. Turtel saw my son after our primary suspected some issues. Obviously worried, Dr. Turtels office got my son in for an exam that same week. He was wonderful with both my son and myself. He was very thorough and addressed all of my concerns. The office staff are all amazing. Kind, upbeat, also very thorough. I highly recommend Dr. Turtel!
Shrewsbury, NJ |
Dr. Turtel may be a good physician, I'm not sure, but what does that matter when he treats patients with disrespect and condescension? He was extremely impatient with and mean and threatening to my young child. He's an arrogant doctor with no skill when it comes to treating young patients. We will not be back to see him.
New York, NY |
Dr. Tuertel performed surgery on our son and did a wonderful job. He was thorough in his explanation in the process and keeping us calm and updated as things progressed. He is an amazing surgeon and definitely use this office should the need arise.
Howell, NJ |
We will never return to this Doctor's Office ever again. The receptionist was disrespectful and the conversation she was having with the other office workers was not okay for a pediatric doctor. Other doctors in the practice may be okay but this office is a never again for my family.
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Turtel, MD?
Are you Dr. Turtel?