Dr. Lawrence Tafoya, MD

Dr. Lawrence Tafoya, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Lawrence Tafoya, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in El Paso, TX and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine in 2011 and specializes in ophthalmology.Read his story

4171 N Mesa St Ste 100

El Paso, TX 79902

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Tafoya

See how frequently Dr. Tafoya performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Conjunctival Hemorrhage
Dry Eyes
Glaucoma

Dr. Tafoya's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Tafoya's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tafoya "I was raised in a small ranch town outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico as the youngest of four children. Coming from a blue collar family, the idea of hard work and sacrifice led me to become a first generation college graduate. I received my Bachelors Degree from the University of New Mexico, before enrolling in both medical and graduate school. After I received my medical degree and PhD I moved to Tucson, AZ for further training in ophthalmology at the University of Arizona. It was this training that fostered in me a strong, shared awareness of service, solidifying my belief in ophthalmology as an important aspect of community health. My family and I are excited to be in Texas and thank everyone for making us feel welcome. In my short time here in El Paso, I realize that the hard-working people of this great city need good doctors. I believe everyone deserves the best vision possible and it is my ambition to help you achieve this goal in any way I can."

This content was provided by Dr. Tafoya "My care philosophy is to treat each patient as I would my family members.  I think that communication is the most important part of visiting with patients.  I pride myself on explaining to each patient in terms that are easily understood about their eyes, vision problems, and treatment options.  Too often, patients will feel frustrated when visiting a physician because in the end they do not know what the impact of their eye problems are and why they are starting a treatment.  My goal is that my patients and I reach a decision together as a team because they are well informed.  Because my patients know the reason for treatments, they are more likely to carry out these treatments at home and in the end have better outcomes.  I think that this trust and understanding between patients and physicians is what sets the Cataract and Glaucoma Center apart from other practices in El Paso."

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Tafoya does not have any board certifications listed.

• Blepharoplasty

• University Of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Dr. Tafoya has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tafoya has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tafoya does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tafoya and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tafoya's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tafoya to family and friends