Dr. Lawrence Tafoya, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Lawrence Tafoya, MD
Dr. Lawrence Tafoya, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Corpus Christi, TX. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 6 years. Dr. Tafoya is affiliated with South Texas Surgical Hospital.

Dr. Tafoya's Care Philosophy

I was raised in a small ranch town outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico as the youngest of four children. Coming from a blue collar family, the idea of hard work and sacrifice led me to become a first generation college graduate. After seeing so many of my family and community members without proper medical care, I focused on becoming a physician to help all those in similar situations. I received my Bachelors Degree from the University of New Mexico, before enrolling in both medical and graduate school. During my medical training, I was fortunate to meet an ophthalmologist whose passion for his field was inspiring and led me to discover that I too shared a strong interest in eye care and valued the importance of vision. After I received my medical degree and PhD I moved to Tucson, AZ for further training in an ophthalmology residency program at the University of Arizona. It was during this time that I was able to work with a large population of underserved and at-risk patients with advanced eye disease as a result of untreated diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, etc. It was this training that fostered in me a strong, shared awareness of service that solidified my belief in ophthalmology as an important aspect of community health. My family and I are excited to be in Texas and love exploring our new home and thank everyone for making us feel welcome. In my short time here in Corpus Christi, I realize that the hard-working people of this great town need good doctors. I believe everyone deserves the best vision possible and it is my ambition to help you achieve this goal in any way I can.

Dr. Tafoya's Experience

See how Dr. Tafoya's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tafoya

Dr. Tafoya accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Tafoya is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Tafoya has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tafoya's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Tafoya?

Compare Dr. Tafoya

Dr. Tafoya's Care Philosophy

I was raised in a small ranch town outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico as the youngest of four children.  Coming from a blue collar family, the idea of hard work and sacrifice led me to become a first generation college graduate.  After seeing so many of my family and community members without proper medical care, I focused on becoming a physician to help all those in similar situations.  I received my Bachelors Degree from the University of New Mexico, before enrolling in both medical and graduate school.  During my medical training, I was fortunate to meet an ophthalmologist whose passion for his field was inspiring and led me to discover that I too shared a strong interest in eye care and valued the importance of vision.

After I received my medical degree and PhD I moved to Tucson, AZ for further training in an ophthalmology residency program at the University of Arizona.  It was during this time that I was able to work with a large population of underserved and at-risk patients with advanced eye disease as a result of untreated diabetes, macular degeneration, glaucoma, etc.  It was this training that fostered in me a strong, shared awareness of service that solidified my belief in ophthalmology as an important aspect of community health.

My family and I are excited to be in Texas and love exploring our new home and thank everyone for making us feel welcome.  In my short time here in Corpus Christi, I realize that the hard-working people of this great town need good doctors.  I believe everyone deserves the best vision possible and it is my ambition to help you achieve this goal in any way I can.

Dr. Tafoya's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Graduated in 2001

• Other Education
    University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine

Completed in 2011

Dr. Tafoya does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tafoya and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology