Dr. Lawrence Spetka, MD

Dr. Lawrence Spetka, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Lawrence Spetka, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Toledo, OH. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Spetka is affiliated with Fulton County Health Center, Mercy Saint Charles Hospital, Mercy Saint Anne Hospital, ProMedica Flower Hospital and ProMedica Toledo Hospital.

Dr. Spetka's Experience

See how Dr. Spetka's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Spetka

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Spetka has admitting privileges.

Dr. Spetka's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spetka to family and friends
    Dr. Spetka's Performance
    in Toledo, OH |
    Very friendly staff. Doctor and the PA were very professional and treated me effectively and my surgery was done in a timely manner. He even made his own follow up calls after surgery to see how I was feeling, and also answered all questions I may have had. I was very please with my care.
    in Toledo, OH |
    I liked the staff and the doctor and felt the calls I made were answered with care. I had excellent care during the post-op time and felt comforable calling in and asking questions.
    in Toledo, OH |
    My surgery went very well and it worked out great. Doctor and staff were great.
    in Toledo, OH |
    I was very happy with my surgery and the results. Dr. Spetka was very good at giving me information and answering any questions.
    Fostoria, OH |
    a wonderful Dr, glad I have him as my VP shunt doctor im not sure i'd be here today if it wasn't for him. hes so caring. and kind
    in grand rapids ohio |
    qwhat a wonderful, caring doctor!!!trust him with my life!!!
    in Toledo, OH |
    I had a plif performed in September. I was in extensive pain before the procedure. Since the surgery, I am practically pain free. I have highly recommended Dr. Spetka to all my friends.
    in Toledo, OH |
    I had severe sciatic pain and got an appointment very quickly. Dr. Spetka did surgery 3 days later and I am pain free. Very thankful.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Office staff very polite and friendly. Dr. Spetka was excellent in diagnosing problem and expertly repairing injury. Dr. Spetka had a very good bedside manner and made sure I was well taken care of.
    in Toledo, OH |
    I had unbearable pain in right leg before surgery. Pain was completely gone after recovery. Surgery went well. About 48hrs in hospital pain of incision lasted about three days. All is well.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Dr. Spetka and his staff are wonderful. Everything is gone over and explained. The surgery went very well and my follow up appointments. I would recommend Dr. Spetka to anyone.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Dr Spetka is a awesome doctor. I am out of pain and I have been recommending him to people I work with. His staff was so helpful. It is a great feeling to be out of pain.
    in Toledo, OH |
    He was very knowledgable regarding all my questions before and after my surgery. He took his time to ensure I understood everything involved with the surgery and my options prior my final decission. He was courtious and polite to me and my wife throughout the process. I would absolutely refer him to anyone with back issues.
    in Toledo, OH |
    I HAD MY ACDF SURGERY 2 MONTHS AGO and COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. THE PAIN, BURNING, NUMBNESS AND TINGLING IN MY NECK AND ARM IS ALMOST COMPLETELY RESOLVED. THE HOSPITAL STAY WAS QUICK AND UNEVENTFULL...SO SIMPLE. I ONLY NEEDED PAIN MEDS FOR A FEW DAYS. DR SPETKA AND STAFF HAVE BEEN WONDERFULL.
    in Toledo, OH |
    mY EXPERIENCE WITH DR SPETKA AND HIS STAFF WAS VERY PLEASANT. i WAS HAPPY THAT HE TRIED AN ALTERNATIVE BEFORE WE WENT AHEAD WITH SURGERY. MY POST SURGERY RECOVERY HAS GONE VERY SMOOTHLY AND I AM IMPRESSED WITH HIS WORK.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Very caring. I was comfortable. Very happy with my results. Thank you.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Dr. Spetka and staff did a wonderful job. THANK YOU.
    in Toledo, OH |
    VERY GOOD SURGEON AND VERY LIKE ABLE STAFF. GREAT RESULTS.
    in Toledo, OH |
    APPRIECIATE THIS GOOD DOCTOR AND HIS STAFF. EXCELLENT REPUTATION AND SKILLS.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Out of pain for the first time in 25 years! Dr. Spetka and his staff are amazing, caring and as competent as they come. Thank you!!!!
    in Akron, OH |
    EXCELLENT SURGEON, FRIENDLY STAFF, WELL TRAINED AND EXCELLENT RESULTS.
    in Toledo, OH |
    My experience with the doctor has been great and doing much better.
    in New York, NY |
    My procedure went very well. Dr Spetka relieved all my pain. I have recommended Dr Spetka to other people.
    in Chicago, IL |
    Dr. Spetka is very compassionate and spends as much time with you as you need.
    Dr. Spetka is phenomenal. After my dad suffered two strokes within 48 hours, Dr Spetka put all of the faith and hope back into our family while remaining nothing but confident after BayPark had pretty much told our family he was dead! He removed the golf ball sized mass from my fathers cerebellum and placed a ventricular drain. Barely visible scars and my dad is doing wonderful! Such a wonderful doctor with great bedside manner!!
    in Chicago, IL |
    Great Doctor!!
    in Adrian, MI |
    Wonderful physician! Highly recommended. He performed a craniectomy and a cranioplasty after I foolishly wrecked my motorcycle and did not have a helmet on (poor outlook). Recently, he removed a cranial abcess that is not all that uncommon after the previous surgeries I had undergone. After talking with some others that have had the same kind of surgery with other doctors, I realize how amazing his work is. I have a large, but now barely visible scar with no brain damage. He is amazing!
    in Toledo |
    Dr. SPETKA is an inedible neurosurgeon. He is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate and caring! He saved me! Respectfully, Michael Zerner
    Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Spetka, MD?
    Are you Dr. Spetka?

Dr. Spetka's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
    •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Spetka has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Spetka's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebral Vascular Disease
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Epilepsy
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Meningiomas
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

Mc Ohio

Completed in 1977

Walter Reed Hospital

Completed in 1981

Dr. Spetka does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spetka and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Disc Replacement
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent