Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Robbins

Robbins Headache Clinic

2610 Lake Cook Rd Ste 160 Riverwoods, IL 60015

Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD is a neurology specialist in Riverwoods, IL and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 1981 and specializes in neurology, headache management, and more.

Dr. Robbins accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Robbins' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Robbins' Top Procedures and Conditions

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Robbins treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 100% of his peers

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Syncope
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Vertigo

Our care is individualized, we take time with each patient, "old-time,old-school" office

• Neurology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Robbins

Dr. Robbins?
Dr. Robbins' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD
I have seen Dr. Lawrence Robbins for 28 years and there is no other neurologist in Chicago that could be as excellent as him. That goes for his staff as well. He is so well versed and knowledgeable in every area. One reason I have been seeing him for nearly 3 decades.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
I have referred Dr. Robbins to many people. He is an extremely intelligent man, (he has a vast knowledge of many subjects) and is my go to for all things medical. Whenever I want a second opinion or a referral I always ask him. I have been seeing him for many many years and feel that he has taken the time to get to know me as a person. My only regret, is that he does not take insurance. I have found that he is worth the out-of-pocket expense as long as I can afford it though.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins is one of the most knowledgeable and “think outside of the box” doctors I’ve ever encountered . He took the time to go through all my questions and really understood what it was like to deal with chronic daily migraines His treatment plans were very detailed and he came up with a regimen for me that no other doctor would’ve even thought of.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Amazing Doctor!! So knowledgeable in his field has helped me tremendously!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Dr Robbins understands pain, he works with migraine and fibromyalgia patients. He listens, he doesn't judge you He works hard at providing various medicines to provide relief. Other dr tell you headaches will dissipate and blow you off. Dr Robbins understands pain. He has achieved being one of the top 10 Neurologist for several years. If you suffer with migraines or fibromyalgia, he is one of the best doctors to find relief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins is caring and validating. He embraces various treatments and executes a thoughtful approach. Dr. Robbins stays current with research and upcoming/new treatments. I came to him feeling alone and misunderstood after suffering a devastating long-term bout of migraines. I know that I will never suffer like that with Dr. Robbins.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
He has been very good for me and cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins has helped me for many years with chronic migraine and cluster headaches. He takes a personal interest in his patients, is most compassionate, and forward thinking in his work. He has published numerous books and articles, and his work is a standard in the field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
dr. robbins has been my migraine doctor for 20+ years and has cared for me through the whole migraine journey. he has extensive knowledge of treatments and meds to work with.. he is kind and supportive. the staff is caring and understands the needs the patients have when they call in for help. doctor is very ethical and totally understands navigating options for your health. now i’m in FL..but i know i can contact him for a phone consultation . a rare and very good doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
He has helped me...not cured, but the headaches are maybe 50% better. The doctor's Nurse is also very good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
After literally one year of a continuous headache, a litany of tests, and several failed treatments, I finally saw Dr. Robbins. His treatment plan got rid of my long term daily headache and reduced the number of intermittent migraines I have gotten. I can't thank him enough. I did have a little bit of a wait time, however he spent a good amount of time with me so I consider that acceptable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins is an absolutely outstanding doctor. I have had migraines for 52 years, along with other conditions, and have seen many doctors. Without question, Dr. Robbins is at the top of the class. His knowledge in the field, and beyond is unsurpassed, and he is always at the cutting edge of new developments. He shows empathy for the patient and designs his treatment with the objective of improving the patient's quality of life as much as possible. He is truly superb in every respect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
I'd been living with chronic daily migraines for 3 years. My quality of life was suffering. I was depressed, in pain all the time. I'd seen 5 doctors, including 2 neurologists. They tried various things, not very effective. In doing research online I found Robbins but was wary - he doesn't take insurance and botox seemed iffy to me. I'm glad I tried him. Botox shots were the help I needed. Dr Robbins doesn't have a good bedside manner, but he knows his stuff. His Nurse (NP) Brooke is awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Robbins for almost fifteen years. Not only is he incredibly intelligent and insightful, he is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever worked with. He has dramatically improved my quality of life, and I don't know where I would be without his continued care. You cannot find a better doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
He is the best doctor I have ever seen. He helped me with my complex migraines where no other Doctor could even help. I work in health care so I do not give recommendations like this very often.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Other doctors he referred me to have not been beneficial - I have needed to hunt for further doctors independently.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
Dr. Robbins is the smartest Dr. I have ever known. He is not only knowledgeable about neurology, but has kept up with studying the newest techniques for headache control as well as other painful conditions. He reads the studies on many topics such as holistic solutions to many problems and suggests different types of life changes, encompassing both diet and exercise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Robbins for many years. He's extremely knowledgeable, caring, professional, and helpful. He always takes the time needed for appointments and has provided the help needed to successfully treat my chronic daily headaches and migraines. I would recommend him highly. And his staff is wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
I found him to be very knowledgeable and he spent an adequate amount of time with me. The drugs and other preventives were explained well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Robbins, MD?
He is very caring, empathic....sort of unusual these days...
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Robbins?