Dr. Lawrence D. Robbins, MD

Dr. Lawrence D. Robbins, MD

Neurology | Male

Robbins Headache Clinic 2610 Lake Cook Rd Ste 160, Riverwoods, IL 60015 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Our care is individualized, we take time with each patient, "old-time,old-school" officeRead more

Dr. Robbins' Experience

82Experience
Match

See how Dr. Robbins' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Robbins

Dr. Robbins accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Robbins' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Robbins to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Robbins
Dr. Robbins' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (25)
in Elmhurst, IL |
Dr. Robbins is an absolutely outstanding doctor. I have had migraines for 52 years, along with other conditions, and have seen many doctors. Without question, Dr. Robbins is at the top of the class. His knowledge in the field, and beyond is unsurpassed, and he is always at the cutting edge of new developments. He shows empathy for the patient and designs his treatment with the objective of improving the patient's quality of life as much as possible. He is truly superb in every respect.
in near Chicago,IL |
I'd been living with chronic daily migraines for 3 years. My quality of life was suffering. I was depressed, in pain all the time. I'd seen 5 doctors, including 2 neurologists. They tried various things, not very effective. In doing research online I found Robbins but was wary - he doesn't take insurance and botox seemed iffy to me. I'm glad I tried him. Botox shots were the help I needed. Dr Robbins doesn't have a good bedside manner, but he knows his stuff. His Nurse (NP) Brooke is awesome.
in Chicago, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. Robbins for almost fifteen years. Not only is he incredibly intelligent and insightful, he is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever worked with. He has dramatically improved my quality of life, and I don't know where I would be without his continued care. You cannot find a better doctor.
in Elmhurst, IL |
He is the best doctor I have ever seen. He helped me with my complex migraines where no other Doctor could even help. I work in health care so I do not give recommendations like this very often.
in Deerfield, IL |
Other doctors he referred me to have not been beneficial - I have needed to hunt for further doctors independently.
Glenview, IL |
Dr. Robbins is the smartest Dr. I have ever known. He is not only knowledgeable about neurology, but has kept up with studying the newest techniques for headache control as well as other painful conditions. He reads the studies on many topics such as holistic solutions to many problems and suggests different types of life changes, encompassing both diet and exercise.
in Libertyville, IL |
I've been going to Dr. Robbins for many years. He's extremely knowledgeable, caring, professional, and helpful. He always takes the time needed for appointments and has provided the help needed to successfully treat my chronic daily headaches and migraines. I would recommend him highly. And his staff is wonderful.
in Riverwoods, IL |
I found him to be very knowledgeable and he spent an adequate amount of time with me. The drugs and other preventives were explained well.
in Joliet, IL |
He is very caring, empathic....sort of unusual these days...
in Dekalb, IL |
When my migraines became more serious...I knew I needed to find a migraine specialist. After finding Dr. Robbin's book... I knew he could help me. The initial visit was about two hours going from an extensive 'work sheet' I filled out...and for the last, almost 30 yrs. Dr. Robbin's has cared for me on this journey called 'migraine'. Dr. Robbins is dedicated to helping, extremely knowledgeable about meds, calm, caring, never give up attitude. i owe my 'quality of life' to a very special Dr.
in Evanston, IL |
I've been seeing Dr. Robbins for more than 20 years. He is tremendously knowledgeable and experienced, yet very down to earth and approachable. He takes the time to really talk to you and get to know you. Thanks to him, my migraines are manageable and my quality of life vastly improved.
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence D. Robbins, MD?
Are you Dr. Robbins?

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Pain Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

University of Illinois At Chicago / College of Medicine

Graduated in 1981

Internal Medicine, Illinois Masonic Hospital

Completed in 1982

Neurology, University Of Illinois, Chicago

Completed in 1985

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Robbins has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Robbins has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Robbins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Robbins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Robbins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurology
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Robbins

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Robbins' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Robbins

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Robbins' Care Philosophy