Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD

New York, NY 10034

• Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Lenke

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Personal Bio

Dr. Lawrence G. Lenke is one of the world's foremost leaders in spinal deformity surgery. His world-renowned practice is devoted exclusively to spinal deformity surgery with an emphasis on complex reconstructive surgery in both children and adults for the treatment of various spinal deformities such as scoliosis, kyphosis, flatback syndrome and other major spinal imbalances, and spondylolisthesis. He is generally regarded as the premier spinal deformity surgeon in the world, having developed the classification system for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) to which his name is now attached.

Video

Dr. Lenke's Experience

Dr. Lenke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University of Notre Dame
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • St. Louis Shriners Hospital for Children
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Lenke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lenke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lenke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Lenke's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lenke to family and friends
Dr. Lenke's Performance
Davenport, IA |
I can't even begin to express how fortunate I am to have found Dr. Lenke and have him as my surgeon. I'm a single mom of two and knew I needed major surgery to correct my scoliosis, and I knew I needed to be in the very best hands. After a couple of doctors who I felt very uncomfortable with, I did research of my own and found Dr. Lenke. He is the very best at what he does to say the least..I am 4 months post op and able to work full time and be a full time mom to two kids. He's truly amazing!
Louisville, KY |
I am a physician who traveled to St. Louis to be treated by Dr. Lenke when he was at Washington University. I needed major back surgery. I was totally pleased with Dr. Lenke's professionalism, caring attitude and clinical skills. I would not be walking today if it was not for Dr. Lenke's expertise. His entire team was professional, attentive and caring. I will be following up with him in New York.
International |
When I knew that my daughter needed scoliosis surgery I decided to take her to the best scoliosis surgeon in the world. Extensive research led me to Dr. Lawrence Lenke. Dr. Lenke enjoys a very pleasant character, is an authority in the field, and an excellent surgeon. He gives his patients the time necessary to explain the case from all aspects and is very compassionate. My daughter walked within 3 hours after the surgery and was called by the staff "the girl who walked the day of the surgery!"
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lenke is a miracle worker. I had a full spinal fusion and was told (by others) that I'd be in terrible pain afterward. I have had no pain at all. I was on opiates for back pain for 15 years prior to surgery and now I am completely opiate free. I would recommend Dr. Lenke to anyone needing his extraordinary skills.
in Athens, OH |
I would recommend him to anyone. I had a spinal surgery in 2012 and not even 5 months later I had a full recovery. If it wasn't for dr Lenke and his team I would not be walking today
in St. Peters, MO |
Dr. Lenke is an amazingSpinalSurgeon! He performed cervical spine surgery that improved my spinal health! That was1998 while he was still in St. Louis. He and his staff were so very compassionate! My dear father passed away1day after; he made sure that I was also spiritually welI&cared for. I had another surgery in 2004;I was referred to Dr. Riew. Since then, I've been much better. I pray that I don't have to have another spinal surgery, as I wouldn't trust another Surgeon! I'd have to go to NY!
in Bay City, MI |
No, this is not a fabricated or embellished experience with Dr. Lenke and his team. I will attempt to keep this brief but would be happy to discuss if you need help finding the right team for your Spinal correction. First off, I had revision surgery in New York at the Presbyterian Hospital on March 1st, (56) days ago. I feel better right now than I have felt in 19 years. I am a 58 year old male who after two prior surgeries, one in 2000 and 2005. See Dr. Lenke and his team, you won't regret it.
in Whitefish Bay, WI |
I just had my second spinal fusion by Dr.Lenke 1 week ago.My first surgery was 18 months ago when Dr.Lenke was in St. Louis.I have progressed so much faster this time-I think the tremendous staff contributed to that!Dr.Lenke is very kind, yet the essence of professionalism.I am a nurse and I so appreciate his research based decisions and honest explanations of possible outcomes.He takes on the most complicated cases, giving hope to those who have no where else to turn. I referred a dear friend.
in New Orleans, LA |
I absolutely highly recommend Dr. Lenke and his spine team. Dr.Lenke truly is my hero that has given me my life back. Six months ago and 3 previous spine surgeries, I was only able to walk short distances with a cane and had to use a wheelchair for outings. Because of Dr. Lenke, I am 2 inches taller, straight spine with no more rib hump, and walking without any support. Dr. Lenke and the spine team are the most compassionate and caring healthcare givers I have ever had . I felt like family!
in Hartford, WI |
While it is true that the initial hospital registration process was disorganized, & therefore, slow (in March 2016), this in no way reflects on Dr. Lenke and his fine staff. They are aware of the problem and hoping to improve something they have no control over. The wait time to see Dr. Lenke can be lengthy as he takes the time necessary with each patient. If you set aside the day, you can plan accordingly, and relax. Worth the wait! Enjoyed getting to know folks in the waiting room, as well.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Lenke is the best of the best. He has dedicated his life to the field and it shows. His staff is remarkable and they all function as a team to ensure that the surgery is successful and the care before and after easy and complete.
Ivoryton, CT |
three and a half hour wait with no regard for patient's time the hospital itself is very disorganized
The surgical experience itself was quite satisfactory. However the pain experienced after surgery is chronic & debilitating. I'm unable to function 2 1/2 years after the surgery. Walking is a real effort. Dr. Lenke takes no responsibility for this predicament and has more or less dismissed me from care.
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
Are you Dr. Lenke?

Hospitals where Dr. Lenke has admitting priveleges

NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital
5141 Broadway
New York, NY 10034

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Lenke at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Robert Strauch, MD