Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Lenke's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lenke

Dr. Lenke?
Dr. Lenke's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD
After undergoing a 10 hr spinal fusion, I have seen Dr. Lenke once in a year. I was injured at spinal hospital due to negligence on his team and must undergo more surgery and begin legal action. He is a good surgeon surrounded by a less than competent team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
We are a Christian family and was praying for God to send me the right surgeon after all the other neurosurgeons would just pass me along saying I was "a mess". I am so very grateful to have met Dr.Lenke and each one at the Allen Pavilion.I've never seen such nice people I feel completely secure in Dr.Lenke's hands who I know has been blessed by God with this scale of talent!1st met him Aug 15th2017-surgery set Feb 14 2018.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
I can't even begin to express how fortunate I am to have found Dr. Lenke and have him as my surgeon. I'm a single mom of two and knew I needed major surgery to correct my scoliosis, and I knew I needed to be in the very best hands. After a couple of doctors who I felt very uncomfortable with, I did research of my own and found Dr. Lenke. He is the very best at what he does to say the least..I am 4 months post op and able to work full time and be a full time mom to two kids. He's truly amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
I am a physician who traveled to St. Louis to be treated by Dr. Lenke when he was at Washington University. I needed major back surgery. I was totally pleased with Dr. Lenke's professionalism, caring attitude and clinical skills. I would not be walking today if it was not for Dr. Lenke's expertise. His entire team was professional, attentive and caring. I will be following up with him in New York.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
When I knew that my daughter needed scoliosis surgery I decided to take her to the best scoliosis surgeon in the world. Extensive research led me to Dr. Lawrence Lenke. Dr. Lenke enjoys a very pleasant character, is an authority in the field, and an excellent surgeon. He gives his patients the time necessary to explain the case from all aspects and is very compassionate. My daughter walked within 3 hours after the surgery and was called by the staff "the girl who walked the day of the surgery!"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
Dr. Lenke is a miracle worker. I had a full spinal fusion and was told (by others) that I'd be in terrible pain afterward. I have had no pain at all. I was on opiates for back pain for 15 years prior to surgery and now I am completely opiate free. I would recommend Dr. Lenke to anyone needing his extraordinary skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
I would recommend him to anyone. I had a spinal surgery in 2012 and not even 5 months later I had a full recovery. If it wasn't for dr Lenke and his team I would not be walking today
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
Dr. Lenke is an amazingSpinalSurgeon! He performed cervical spine surgery that improved my spinal health! That was1998 while he was still in St. Louis. He and his staff were so very compassionate! My dear father passed away1day after; he made sure that I was also spiritually welI&cared for. I had another surgery in 2004;I was referred to Dr. Riew. Since then, I've been much better. I pray that I don't have to have another spinal surgery, as I wouldn't trust another Surgeon! I'd have to go to NY!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
No, this is not a fabricated or embellished experience with Dr. Lenke and his team. I will attempt to keep this brief but would be happy to discuss if you need help finding the right team for your Spinal correction. First off, I had revision surgery in New York at the Presbyterian Hospital on March 1st, (56) days ago. I feel better right now than I have felt in 19 years. I am a 58 year old male who after two prior surgeries, one in 2000 and 2005. See Dr. Lenke and his team, you won't regret it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
I just had my second spinal fusion by Dr.Lenke 1 week ago.My first surgery was 18 months ago when Dr.Lenke was in St. Louis.I have progressed so much faster this time-I think the tremendous staff contributed to that!Dr.Lenke is very kind, yet the essence of professionalism.I am a nurse and I so appreciate his research based decisions and honest explanations of possible outcomes.He takes on the most complicated cases, giving hope to those who have no where else to turn. I referred a dear friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
I absolutely highly recommend Dr. Lenke and his spine team. Dr.Lenke truly is my hero that has given me my life back. Six months ago and 3 previous spine surgeries, I was only able to walk short distances with a cane and had to use a wheelchair for outings. Because of Dr. Lenke, I am 2 inches taller, straight spine with no more rib hump, and walking without any support. Dr. Lenke and the spine team are the most compassionate and caring healthcare givers I have ever had . I felt like family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
While it is true that the initial hospital registration process was disorganized, & therefore, slow (in March 2016), this in no way reflects on Dr. Lenke and his fine staff. They are aware of the problem and hoping to improve something they have no control over. The wait time to see Dr. Lenke can be lengthy as he takes the time necessary with each patient. If you set aside the day, you can plan accordingly, and relax. Worth the wait! Enjoyed getting to know folks in the waiting room, as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
Dr. Lenke is the best of the best. He has dedicated his life to the field and it shows. His staff is remarkable and they all function as a team to ensure that the surgery is successful and the care before and after easy and complete.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
three and a half hour wait with no regard for patient's time the hospital itself is very disorganized
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?
The surgical experience itself was quite satisfactory. However the pain experienced after surgery is chronic & debilitating. I'm unable to function 2 1/2 years after the surgery. Walking is a real effort. Dr. Lenke takes no responsibility for this predicament and has more or less dismissed me from care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Lenke, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lenke?

Dr. Lenke accepts

Dr. Lenke accepts the following insurance:

Buckeye Community Health Plan

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1989
1987
1986
1982

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lenke treats patients.

Compare Providers