Dr. Lawrence G. Lenke, MD

Dr. Lawrence G. Lenke, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 56 years old

Dr. Lawrence G. Lenke is one of the world's foremost leaders in spinal deformity surgery. His world-renowned practice is devoted exclusively to spinal deformity surgery with an emphasis on complex reconstructive surgery in both children and adults for the treatment of various spinal deformities such as scoliosis, kyphosis, flatback syndrome and other major spinal imbalances, and spondylolisthesis. He is generally regarded as the premier spinal deformity surgeon in the world, having developed the classification system for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) to which his name is now attached.Read more

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics
5141 Broadway
New York, NY 10034 Get Directions

2017 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Personal Bio

Dr. Lenke's Experience

See how Dr. Lenke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lenke

Dr. Lenke accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Lenke has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Lenke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lenke to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Lenke
Dr. Lenke's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (17)
Louisville, KY |
I am a physician who traveled to St. Louis to be treated by Dr. Lenke when he was at Washington University. I needed major back surgery. I was totally pleased with Dr. Lenke's professionalism, caring attitude and clinical skills. I would not be walking today if it was not for Dr. Lenke's expertise. His entire team was professional, attentive and caring. I will be following up with him in New York.
International |
When I knew that my daughter needed scoliosis surgery I decided to take her to the best scoliosis surgeon in the world. Extensive research led me to Dr. Lawrence Lenke. Dr. Lenke enjoys a very pleasant character, is an authority in the field, and an excellent surgeon. He gives his patients the time necessary to explain the case from all aspects and is very compassionate. My daughter walked within 3 hours after the surgery and was called by the staff "the girl who walked the day of the surgery!"
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lenke is a miracle worker. I had a full spinal fusion and was told (by others) that I'd be in terrible pain afterward. I have had no pain at all. I was on opiates for back pain for 15 years prior to surgery and now I am completely opiate free. I would recommend Dr. Lenke to anyone needing his extraordinary skills.
in Athens, OH |
I would recommend him to anyone. I had a spinal surgery in 2012 and not even 5 months later I had a full recovery. If it wasn't for dr Lenke and his team I would not be walking today
in St. Peters, MO |
Dr. Lenke is an amazingSpinalSurgeon! He performed cervical spine surgery that improved my spinal health! That was1998 while he was still in St. Louis. He and his staff were so very compassionate! My dear father passed away1day after; he made sure that I was also spiritually welI&cared for. I had another surgery in 2004;I was referred to Dr. Riew. Since then, I've been much better. I pray that I don't have to have another spinal surgery, as I wouldn't trust another Surgeon! I'd have to go to NY!
in Bay City, MI |
No, this is not a fabricated or embellished experience with Dr. Lenke and his team. I will attempt to keep this brief but would be happy to discuss if you need help finding the right team for your Spinal correction. First off, I had revision surgery in New York at the Presbyterian Hospital on March 1st, (56) days ago. I feel better right now than I have felt in 19 years. I am a 58 year old male who after two prior surgeries, one in 2000 and 2005. See Dr. Lenke and his team, you won't regret it.
in Whitefish Bay, WI |
I just had my second spinal fusion by Dr.Lenke 1 week ago.My first surgery was 18 months ago when Dr.Lenke was in St. Louis.I have progressed so much faster this time-I think the tremendous staff contributed to that!Dr.Lenke is very kind, yet the essence of professionalism.I am a nurse and I so appreciate his research based decisions and honest explanations of possible outcomes.He takes on the most complicated cases, giving hope to those who have no where else to turn. I referred a dear friend.
in New Orleans, LA |
I absolutely highly recommend Dr. Lenke and his spine team. Dr.Lenke truly is my hero that has given me my life back. Six months ago and 3 previous spine surgeries, I was only able to walk short distances with a cane and had to use a wheelchair for outings. Because of Dr. Lenke, I am 2 inches taller, straight spine with no more rib hump, and walking without any support. Dr. Lenke and the spine team are the most compassionate and caring healthcare givers I have ever had . I felt like family!
in Hartford, WI |
While it is true that the initial hospital registration process was disorganized, & therefore, slow (in March 2016), this in no way reflects on Dr. Lenke and his fine staff. They are aware of the problem and hoping to improve something they have no control over. The wait time to see Dr. Lenke can be lengthy as he takes the time necessary with each patient. If you set aside the day, you can plan accordingly, and relax. Worth the wait! Enjoyed getting to know folks in the waiting room, as well.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Lenke is the best of the best. He has dedicated his life to the field and it shows. His staff is remarkable and they all function as a team to ensure that the surgery is successful and the care before and after easy and complete.
Ivoryton, CT |
three and a half hour wait with no regard for patient's time the hospital itself is very disorganized
The surgical experience itself was quite satisfactory. However the pain experienced after surgery is chronic & debilitating. I'm unable to function 2 1/2 years after the surgery. Walking is a real effort. Dr. Lenke takes no responsibility for this predicament and has more or less dismissed me from care.
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence G. Lenke, MD?
Are you Dr. Lenke?

Dr. Lenke says...

Dr. Lenke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Lenke has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lenke's Board Certifications

Completed in 1991

Completed in 1992

University of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Lenke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lenke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery