Dr. Lawrence Koning, MD

Dr. Lawrence Koning, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

At Dr. Koning's OB GYN office in Corona, California, we take pride in giving you the same heartfelt, attentive care we want for ourselves. We treat you with kindness, respect and honesty. We're also responsive and efficient, and we strive to get you in for an appointment earlier than you might expect. Plus, you'll find us friendly, willing to listen and dedicated to giving you the utmost in personalized obstetrics and gynecology care. Because compassion is at the heart of everything we do.

For the 30-plus years that I've been an obstetrician-gynecologist, I've always been motivated to provide the highest standards of care. In truth, it's etched into my core personal values. I watched my father, a family physician for more than 50 years, dedicate himself to helping others. I was raised with the principle that it's important to make a valuable contribution… and to really strive to do it to the highest level. For me, it was almost natural that I became a doctor — not simply because my father was one, but because I share his desire to make a positive difference in people's lives. Today, that sense of compassion and commitment is as strong as it was when I started medical school and when I opened my own OBGYN practice. After delivering more than 7,000 babies and caring for many thousands of women, I have a high degree of experience. Yet, to provide today's highest standard of care, I've also dedicated myself to performing advanced, state-of-the-art procedures, as well. My goal is to provide premier OBGYN care that meets the needs of every woman while exceeding their expectations."

Dr. Koning's Experience

See how Dr. Koning's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Koning

Dr. Koning accepts 27 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Koning has admitting privileges.

Dr. Koning's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Koning to family and friends
    3.1
    based on 19 total surveys
    Dr. Koning's Performance
      GOOD
    Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Koning, MD?
    Are you Dr. Koning?

Dr. Koning's Care Philosophy

Dr. Koning says...

There are many changes that can occur in a woman's body during the course of her life that may result in heavy bleeding or pain. In Corona, California, Dr. Lawrence Koning and his staff are skilled in diagnosing and treating the possible cause of your bleeding and/or pain.

Causes of bleeding and/or pelvic pain may include:?Ovarian Cysts?Endometriosis?Uterine Fibroids?Thickened Endometrium?Adhesions?Ectopic Pregnancy

Learn more about heavy bleeding and painful periods and the procedures we offer that can stop your bleeding once and for all.

Many times a simple, brief outpatient procedure called endometrial ablation can be done to stop the bleeding. You can avoid hysterectomy or major surgery.

Dr. Koning offers in-office ultrasounds to augment his examinations and is a skilled surgeon in the event that the decision is made to perform a diagnostic laparoscopy (minimally invasive surgery to determine the cause of bleeding). Laparoscopy is often done as outpatient surgery and you usually go home the same day

Dr. Koning says...

Many women find out after a complete, thorough evaluation that a hysterectomy is not even necessary. However, if surgery is indicted there are several options:

1.Total hysterectomy, but keeping your ovaries. It is usually much better for you to keep your ovaries for hormone and heart reasons. This will be discussed in detail prior to surgery.

2."Partial" or supracervical hysterectomy. The cervix, or bottom part of the uterus, can be retained if you desire.

3.Laparoscopic or vaginal hysterectomy. Depending on your condition, many times the uterus can be removed vaginally. You are in the hospital usually for only one day and recovery is quicker.

Dr. Koning will let you know which options are available to you and will explain your choices and care in terms you can understand. For the premier, experienced care you need when considering hysterectomy, request an appointment online or call us today at (951) 371-0844

Dr. Koning's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Koning has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Koning's Board Certifications

• Endometriosis
    • Female Infertility
    • Mastodynia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Miscarriages
    • Ovarian Cysts
    • Pap Smear Abnormalities
    • Perimenopause
    • Placenta Previa
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause

Glendale Advent Med Center

Completed in 1985

Loma Linda University

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Koning does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Koning and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
    • C-Section
    • Cesarean Hysterectomy
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Endocervical Curettage