Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD

Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Boynton Beach, FL. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Read his story

901 N Congress Ave Ste 104

Boynton Beach, FL 33426

• American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Katzen

See how frequently Dr. Katzen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lazy Eye
Cataract Removal Surgery
Drusen
high

Dr. Katzen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Katzen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Katzen "During the past three decades, renowned eye surgeon and native Floridian, Lawrence Katzen M.D. has helped thousands of men and women enjoy improved vision through advanced microsurgical procedures, As Founder, Medical Director and Chief Surgeon of Katzen & Care and Laser Center, he belongs to an exclusive inner circle of international surgeons who perform over 1500 microsurgical procedures each year. He was among the first eye surgeons in Florida to have his own vision corrected with LASIK. Dr. Katzen was also among the first surgeons in South Florida to offer patients the convenience and comfort of a Laser Vision Correction laser center within a private privative setting. His state-of-the-art center offers patients the latest technology for the treatment of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. In addition to his achievements in the field of LASIK laser vision correction, Dr. Katzen has also played a vital role in developing lens implant procedures for patients with cataracts and patients who wish to reduce or eliminate the need for reading glasses. He has been performing lens implantation with refractive lenses for over twenty five years and continues to be an active participant in numerous FDA routinely lectures on these subjects at major ophthalmology meetings in the United States, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the International Society of Refractive Surgery. Dr. Katzen is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Medicine and is fellowship-trained in oculoplastic surgery. He is a Voluntary Assistant Professor at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute and is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Katzen is also an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. The American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons, the International Society of Refractive Surgery and has served as Chief of Ophthalmology at JFK Medical Center and Vice President of the Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society. Dr. Katzen has been a visiting professor with Project Orbis since 1984. The main goal of Project Orbis is to help reduce World Blindness through a worldwide exchange of ophthalmic skills. Dr. Katzen resides in West Palm Beach with his wife, Jane. He enjoys photography, traveling, golf, and outdoor activities with his family."

This content was provided by Dr. Katzen "Lawrence Katzen, MD founded The Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center with a commitment to provide patients in Palm Beach County with the finest quality eye care available.  Since that time, more than 35 thousand Palm Beach County and South Florida residents have enjoyed the benefits of cataract surgery, laser vision correction and general ophthalmology care by Dr. Katzen and his dedicated staff."

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Katzen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Blepharitis
  • Blindness
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Color Blindness
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Washington Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980
  • U Ill EE Infirm
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Katzen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Katzen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Katzen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katzen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Katzen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katzen to family and friends
Dr. Katzen's Performance
in Lake Worth, FL |
Thanks to Dr. Katzen my cataracts are gone and I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes. The two operations were quick and painless and the results were almost instantaneous. In addition to sharpened vision things are brighter and more vivid. Thank you Dr. Katzen, Robert J Levin
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes and felt Dr. K and the staff did an excellent job.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Katzen and his staff are exceptional. The care they gave me was amazing. I would recommend him to anyone who needs any type of eye care. I am so happy with my eye sight after my cataract surgery. I have worn glasses since I was 9 and now I will never need glasses again. I am ecstatic.
Boynton Beach |
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience with Dr. Katzen and his team, in the office and at the surgical center. My procedure was for a multi-focal lens exchange and although I initially had some concerns about the procedure, the step by step explanations greatly eased my apprehensions. I had no pain at all, very minimal discomfort for about two days and was able to see without glasses the same day as the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Katzen.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr Katzen and the wonderful staff from the receptionist to each one who assisted in the bilateral cataract surgeries I had in the past two weeks. Dr. McCracken, Meghan, Melissa..... each one was professional, knowledgeable and calming.. Scheduling is smooth and I never had to wait inappropriately. I thank each one!
in Royal Palm Beach, FL |
Based on a recommendation of several patients, one being my wife, it was clear to me that Dr. Katzen and his practice was the best place to have my cataract surgery done. From the front desk receptionist to the technicians, to the support staff, to Dr. Katzen, all were friendly showing true interest and concern about what I needed to have done. Anyone considering eye surgery please make this practice your first appointment.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Couldn’t ask for it to be easier, I now have 20/20 vision! ??
in boynton beach |
dr katzens' staff from the front desk to the surgical site were very professional and very personable. this scary procedure was made so much less so by everyone explaining everything along the way and after the procedures. well done ! I would recommend Dr. Katzen to anyone seeking cataract surgery .thanks for a job well done.
West Palm Beach, FL |
Everything was first rate. A very caring and professional staff.
Lake Worth |
Dr Katzen removed a cataract a couple of days ago and he was great. I am so glad I chose him. The office staff is helpful and knowledgeable. I'm getting the other one removed next week and have no anxiety because I know he is skillful.
West Palm Beach, FL |
What Dr. Katzen did for me was a miracle. The day after having the multifocal lens put in my eye i could see 20/15. All I can say is that what this man does is amazing! If you or anyone has any doubt about this surgery - go see DR. Katzen and have him do it. Also, the day after surgery on the first eye, I no longer needed glasses. And colors were brighter than I ever remember seeing them.
in Royal Palm Beach, Fl |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes by Dr. Katzen. From the first visit to the end everyone I encountered was friendly, courteous and professional. Everything was explained to me completely and there were no surprises. They all made this much less stressful than I anticipated.
in Wellington, FL |
I had my right eye cataract done. From Start to Finish the office staff was superior. The pre-operative work up was quick and efficient. The procedure went superb and the post op was easy. You can't be in better hands!! Second eye to come soon.
Best of the best!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Katzen and office staff were very caring, friendly and professional. I was satisfied with my experience and cataract surgical procedure. The Katzen team even called me at home the following day of the surgery to see how I was doing. Instructions were alway clear and my questions encouraged. My comfort and understanding of the procedures were always their priority. I was very fortunate to have met Dr. Katzen and respect him as an authority in his specialty. Thank you Dr. Katzen and staff.
in Wellington, Florida |
Literally I could not be more pleased. From the pre-op consultation and preparation through follow-up after my two surgeries, all was handled professionally and efficiently. My vision now is better than I can ever remember.
in Lake Worth, FL |
From the beginning to the end of this procedure your organization was very professional and proficient in their ability to perform their jobs. Dr Katzen did an excellent job and made me feel very relaxed through out and during my surgery. In addition Karina Bravo was very helpful to me with all of my additional questions and concerns. Your organization should be extremely pleased to have her on your Staff.
West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Katze and his staff were very warm , caring and professional. I had a great experience and would highly recommend them.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I was apprehensive about having cataract surgery but Dr. Katzen and his staff were so caring and reassuring. They completely put my mind at ease. Everyone was efficient, knowledgeable, and compassionate. My surgery was 100% successful and I can see better than I have ever seen before. The surgery was painless. I did not experience any discomfort before, during or after the surgery. I could not have had a better experience. I highly recommend Dr. Katzen and his staff.
in West Palm Beach , FL |
From the moment I entered Dr Katzen's office I felt welcomed. From the front desk on everyone was friendly and professional. I felt like they all wanted to help me and also was made to feel that I mattered to them as a person not just a customer. Everything that needed to be explained to me was. When I called with some additional questions I was quickly scheduled to come back to the office and again meet with Dr Katzen. Very pleased.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Absolutely wonderful experience! Although I was extremely nervouse to do R.L.E, it was all worth it. Dr. Katzen staff and at North Pointe were Absolutely Wonderful Courteous and Professional. I will recommend any one Especially Family & Friends planning to do any Eye surgery... GO here First! Top of the ART Technology. Waiting time is quick compare to any other place.. Even the DAY of surgery they treat like you are in a Spa so warm & welcoming, and God Knows how much I needed it.
in Lake Worth, FL |
The entire experience was very pleasant. The staff was professional and friendly. Dr. Katzen explained just what he would do and made me feel comfortable. The outcome was amazing. I can see again. I am so glad Dr. Katzen was recommended to me.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I went to Dr. Katzen for a lens implant and he did a fantastic job! He and his team were both friendly and knowledgeable. His appointments are on time and don't take more than an hour. I would absolutely recommend him.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Confidence in your physician eases the anxiety of any procedure. I had confidence in Dr. Katzen and his staff from my first appointment to the last. Dr. Katzen came highly recommended by other physicians, as well as, former patients. When it came time to select a doctor for my bilateral cataract procedures, I knew I had found the best. Thank you, Dr. Katzen, for the clarity in my vision. Colors are now amazingly vivid. You have opened up a whole new world for me to enjoy!
in Lake Worth, FL |
Excellent and caring staff and very professional. I had bilateral cataract surgery and Dr. Katzen did an excellent job. I am very happy my vision is now restored. I was seeing better than 20/20 on the very next day after the operation!
Jupiter, Fl |
For the first time in my life I do not wear glasses! I will be able to go to the pool and play with my kids without stressing about my sight! Dr. Katzen is amazing! The staff was kind and very helpful. Wonderful experience.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I was a little anxious just thinking of someone touching my eye, let alone with a medical tool. From my very first step I took into the office I was surrounded by an unbelievable support team. The procedure was carefully explained, although maybe a little too much info. I was very impressed with the high tech equipment and the knowledgeable staff. The surgery was painless. The best part of all...I can see!! Before surgery I could read only the first line...now 20/20 in my right now.
in west palm beach,fl |
i had cataract surgery april 5th and april 17th. not being a person familiar with surgery or any medical procedures i was absolutely terrified.dr katzen was recommend by my regular eye doctor who i do trust. every body in the office was great-- especially peggy who walked me thru everything and explained what would happen and did not act as if i was a big old baby' dr katzen himself is right on the spot knowing what he is doing and being a nice person as well as a very fine doctor'
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr Katzen is absolutely the best and I am so happy that I went with him I've heard nothing but great things about him and I decided right away to go with him the procedure was the simpilirst surgical procedure I could imagine and I am so happy I was able to see right away and it is a life-changing and I have not one problem at all everything was very easy to do and I'm 100% happy and satisfied!! Will always recommend him to anyone who asked about it!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
After years of worsening vision due to cataracts, Dr. Katzen and his group gave back to me the gift of excellent sight. It's almost as if I see everything in H-D now. Words cannot convey how greatful I am. Thanks so much
in West Palm Beach, FL |
On March, 6 and 20th of this year, I had a cataract procedure for both eyes. Results are wonderful. I had the multi-focal option. I am reading without eye glasses. Vision is 20/20. The staff are well trained and the organizational system is perfected. I have spoken about Katzen's practice to many of my friends. Count till ten before you retire, Dr Katzen; many need you.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Wonderful. Everyone was very committed, professional, and pleasant., The results of my cataract surgery were beyond my greatest hopes. Very happy person.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
A week ago I completed cataract surgery on my second eye. The first eye was done two weeks earlier. Everything went so well both times that I felt compelled to share my experience. Cataract surgery with Dr. Katzen was a pain free experience resulting in the clearest vision I have ever had. His staff was professional, knowledgeable, kind and helpful. I was very pleased with every aspect of this experience and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Katzen to everyone!!
Boca Raton, FL |
The office staff at Katzen are wonderful! They took great care of me and my vision could not be any better. Thank you!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Katzen is very professional and his work was exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone!
Hialeah, FL |
My vision is incredible! Thank you Dr. Katzen! His staff is superb and most caring. I feel like a kid again. I have great vision and I can see colors so bright now. Thank you!
Don't even know where to start! From the best staff to the best experience I've ever had being in a doctors office. From my consultation to post op everyone was so kind and patient explaining every step that I had to take even though I've asked the same question a million times. Whenever anyone I know asks about Eye Care, I refer them to Katzen Eye Care. Thanks, Dr. Katzen and your awesome staff!
in West Palm Beach |
The office staff was incredibly helpful and kind. I waited for over an hour to be seen and spent about three hours there entirely. Unfortunately, I left the office feeling more upset than I did when I went in - mainly because I left without answers. I was referred to a Neuro-Ophthalmologist for further testing, but it would have been comforting to have an idea of what was going on with me versus just being charged for the visit and told that they would fax my info to the next doctor.
in Wellington, FL |
Dr. Katzen and his staff made this process incredibly easy and stress-free. Thank you.
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD?
Are you Dr. Katzen?

Visit Dr. Katzen

Dr. Katzen accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
    American Postal Workers Union (APWU)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Access
    BlueDental Choice
  • CHAMPVA
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Golden Rule
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company
  • Meritain Health
  • Mutual Medical
  • National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC)
  • Neighborhood Health Plan