Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD
During the past three decades, renowned eye surgeon and native Floridian, Lawrence Katzen M.D. has helped thousands of men and women enjoy improved vision through advanced microsurgical procedures, As Founder, Medical Director and Chief Surgeon of Katzen & Care and Laser Center, he belongs to an exclusive inner circle of international surgeons who perform over 1500 microsurgical procedures each year. He was among the first eye surgeons in Florida to have his own vision corrected with LASIK. Dr. Katzen was also among the first surgeons in South Florida to offer patients the convenience and comfort of a Laser Vision Correction laser center within a private privative setting. His state-of-the-art center offers patients the latest technology for the treatment of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. In addition to his achievements in the field of LASIK laser vision correction, Dr. Katzen has also played a vital role in developing lens implant procedures for patients with cataracts and patients who wish to reduce or eliminate the need for reading glasses. He has been performing lens implantation with refractive lenses for over twenty five years and continues to be an active participant in numerous FDA routinely lectures on these subjects at major ophthalmology meetings in the United States, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the International Society of Refractive Surgery. Dr. Katzen is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Medicine and is fellowship-trained in oculoplastic surgery. He is a Voluntary Assistant Professor at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute and is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Katzen is also an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. The American College of Ophthalmic Surgeons, the International Society of Refractive Surgery and has served as Chief of Ophthalmology at JFK Medical Center and Vice President of the Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society. Dr. Katzen has been a visiting professor with Project Orbis since 1984. The main goal of Project Orbis is to help reduce World Blindness through a worldwide exchange of ophthalmic skills. Dr. Katzen resides in West Palm Beach with his wife, Jane. He enjoys photography, traveling, golf, and outdoor activities with his family.

Dr. Katzen's Care Philosophy

Lawrence Katzen, MD founded The Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center with a commitment to provide patients in Palm Beach County with the finest quality eye care available. Since that time, more than 35 thousand Palm Beach County and South Florida residents have enjoyed the benefits of cataract surgery, laser vision correction and general ophthalmology care by Dr. Katzen and his dedicated staff.

Dr. Katzen's Experience

See how Dr. Katzen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Katzen

Dr. Katzen accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Katzen is now accepting new patients
Katzen Eye Care Center and Laser Center901 N Congress Ave Ste B104
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
(561) 732-8005Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Katzen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Katzen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katzen to family and friends
Dr. Katzen's Performance
in Royal Palm Beach, Fl |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes by Dr. Katzen. From the first visit to the end everyone I encountered was friendly, courteous and professional. Everything was explained to me completely and there were no surprises. They all made this much less stressful than I anticipated.
in Wellington, FL |
I had my right eye cataract done. From Start to Finish the office staff was superior. The pre-operative work up was quick and efficient. The procedure went superb and the post op was easy. You can't be in better hands!! Second eye to come soon.
Best of the best!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Katzen and office staff were very caring, friendly and professional. I was satisfied with my experience and cataract surgical procedure. The Katzen team even called me at home the following day of the surgery to see how I was doing. Instructions were alway clear and my questions encouraged. My comfort and understanding of the procedures were always their priority. I was very fortunate to have met Dr. Katzen and respect him as an authority in his specialty. Thank you Dr. Katzen and staff.
in Wellington, Florida |
Literally I could not be more pleased. From the pre-op consultation and preparation through follow-up after my two surgeries, all was handled professionally and efficiently. My vision now is better than I can ever remember.
in Lake Worth, FL |
From the beginning to the end of this procedure your organization was very professional and proficient in their ability to perform their jobs. Dr Katzen did an excellent job and made me feel very relaxed through out and during my surgery. In addition Karina Bravo was very helpful to me with all of my additional questions and concerns. Your organization should be extremely pleased to have her on your Staff.
West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Katze and his staff were very warm , caring and professional. I had a great experience and would highly recommend them.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I was apprehensive about having cataract surgery but Dr. Katzen and his staff were so caring and reassuring. They completely put my mind at ease. Everyone was efficient, knowledgeable, and compassionate. My surgery was 100% successful and I can see better than I have ever seen before. The surgery was painless. I did not experience any discomfort before, during or after the surgery. I could not have had a better experience. I highly recommend Dr. Katzen and his staff.
in West Palm Beach , FL |
From the moment I entered Dr Katzen's office I felt welcomed. From the front desk on everyone was friendly and professional. I felt like they all wanted to help me and also was made to feel that I mattered to them as a person not just a customer. Everything that needed to be explained to me was. When I called with some additional questions I was quickly scheduled to come back to the office and again meet with Dr Katzen. Very pleased.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Absolutely wonderful experience! Although I was extremely nervouse to do R.L.E, it was all worth it. Dr. Katzen staff and at North Pointe were Absolutely Wonderful Courteous and Professional. I will recommend any one Especially Family & Friends planning to do any Eye surgery... GO here First! Top of the ART Technology. Waiting time is quick compare to any other place.. Even the DAY of surgery they treat like you are in a Spa so warm & welcoming, and God Knows how much I needed it.
in Lake Worth, FL |
The entire experience was very pleasant. The staff was professional and friendly. Dr. Katzen explained just what he would do and made me feel comfortable. The outcome was amazing. I can see again. I am so glad Dr. Katzen was recommended to me.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I went to Dr. Katzen for a lens implant and he did a fantastic job! He and his team were both friendly and knowledgeable. His appointments are on time and don't take more than an hour. I would absolutely recommend him.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Confidence in your physician eases the anxiety of any procedure. I had confidence in Dr. Katzen and his staff from my first appointment to the last. Dr. Katzen came highly recommended by other physicians, as well as, former patients. When it came time to select a doctor for my bilateral cataract procedures, I knew I had found the best. Thank you, Dr. Katzen, for the clarity in my vision. Colors are now amazingly vivid. You have opened up a whole new world for me to enjoy!
in Lake Worth, FL |
Excellent and caring staff and very professional. I had bilateral cataract surgery and Dr. Katzen did an excellent job. I am very happy my vision is now restored. I was seeing better than 20/20 on the very next day after the operation!
Jupiter, Fl |
For the first time in my life I do not wear glasses! I will be able to go to the pool and play with my kids without stressing about my sight! Dr. Katzen is amazing! The staff was kind and very helpful. Wonderful experience.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I was a little anxious just thinking of someone touching my eye, let alone with a medical tool. From my very first step I took into the office I was surrounded by an unbelievable support team. The procedure was carefully explained, although maybe a little too much info. I was very impressed with the high tech equipment and the knowledgeable staff. The surgery was painless. The best part of all...I can see!! Before surgery I could read only the first line...now 20/20 in my right now.
in west palm beach,fl |
i had cataract surgery april 5th and april 17th. not being a person familiar with surgery or any medical procedures i was absolutely terrified.dr katzen was recommend by my regular eye doctor who i do trust. every body in the office was great-- especially peggy who walked me thru everything and explained what would happen and did not act as if i was a big old baby' dr katzen himself is right on the spot knowing what he is doing and being a nice person as well as a very fine doctor'
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr Katzen is absolutely the best and I am so happy that I went with him I've heard nothing but great things about him and I decided right away to go with him the procedure was the simpilirst surgical procedure I could imagine and I am so happy I was able to see right away and it is a life-changing and I have not one problem at all everything was very easy to do and I'm 100% happy and satisfied!! Will always recommend him to anyone who asked about it!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
After years of worsening vision due to cataracts, Dr. Katzen and his group gave back to me the gift of excellent sight. It's almost as if I see everything in H-D now. Words cannot convey how greatful I am. Thanks so much
in West Palm Beach, FL |
On March, 6 and 20th of this year, I had a cataract procedure for both eyes. Results are wonderful. I had the multi-focal option. I am reading without eye glasses. Vision is 20/20. The staff are well trained and the organizational system is perfected. I have spoken about Katzen's practice to many of my friends. Count till ten before you retire, Dr Katzen; many need you.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Wonderful. Everyone was very committed, professional, and pleasant., The results of my cataract surgery were beyond my greatest hopes. Very happy person.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
A week ago I completed cataract surgery on my second eye. The first eye was done two weeks earlier. Everything went so well both times that I felt compelled to share my experience. Cataract surgery with Dr. Katzen was a pain free experience resulting in the clearest vision I have ever had. His staff was professional, knowledgeable, kind and helpful. I was very pleased with every aspect of this experience and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Katzen to everyone!!
Boca Raton, FL |
The office staff at Katzen are wonderful! They took great care of me and my vision could not be any better. Thank you!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Katzen is very professional and his work was exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone!
Hialeah, FL |
My vision is incredible! Thank you Dr. Katzen! His staff is superb and most caring. I feel like a kid again. I have great vision and I can see colors so bright now. Thank you!
Don't even know where to start! From the best staff to the best experience I've ever had being in a doctors office. From my consultation to post op everyone was so kind and patient explaining every step that I had to take even though I've asked the same question a million times. Whenever anyone I know asks about Eye Care, I refer them to Katzen Eye Care. Thanks, Dr. Katzen and your awesome staff!
in West Palm Beach |
The office staff was incredibly helpful and kind. I waited for over an hour to be seen and spent about three hours there entirely. Unfortunately, I left the office feeling more upset than I did when I went in - mainly because I left without answers. I was referred to a Neuro-Ophthalmologist for further testing, but it would have been comforting to have an idea of what was going on with me versus just being charged for the visit and told that they would fax my info to the next doctor.
in Wellington, FL |
Dr. Katzen and his staff made this process incredibly easy and stress-free. Thank you.
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Katzen, MD?
Are you Dr. Katzen?

Compare Dr. Katzen

Dr. Katzen says...

Dr. Katzen was also among the first surgeons in South Florida to offer patients the convenience and comfort of a Laser Vision Correction laser center within a private privative setting.  His state-of-the-art center offers patients the latest technology for the treatment of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.

Dr. Katzen's Care Philosophy

Lawrence Katzen, MD founded The Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center with a commitment to provide patients in Palm Beach County with the finest quality eye care available.  Since that time, more than 35 thousand Palm Beach County and South Florida residents have enjoyed the benefits of cataract surgery, laser vision correction and general ophthalmology care by Dr. Katzen and his dedicated staff.

Dr. Katzen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

U Ill EE Infirm

Completed in 1981

University Of Miami, Florida

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Katzen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katzen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Eye Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Implantable Contact Lens
  • LASIK
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Refractive Lens Exchange