Dr. Lawrence Halperin, MD

Dr. Lawrence Halperin, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Lawrence Halperin, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Lake Mary, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

766 N Sun Dr Ste 4000

Lake Mary, FL 32746

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Halperin

See how frequently Dr. Halperin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

De Quervain's Release
Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
De Quervain's Disease

Dr. Halperin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Halperin "The group was formed on the principles that comprehensive care of orthopaedic problems and other musculoskeletal disease can be delivered in a high quality, cost effective way while meeting the patient's needs. These goals are accomplished through an integrated staff with the professional skills necessary to provide the highest quality care to all of our patients."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus

• State University Of New York
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • State University Of New York
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Halperin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Halperin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Halperin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Halperin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Halperin to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Halperin's Performance
Orlando, FL |
In August 2017, I fell and broke my left wrist. I chose Dr. Halperin based on recommendations from family members and friends. I'm very pleased with the outcome of my surgery and occupational therapy. I have about 90% range of motion now in that wrist, so I'm extremely happy with the outcome. Dr. Halperin is a highly skilled surgeon, and I would recommend him to anyone.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Halperin!
in Longwood, FL |
I am a registered nurse, so I am very picky about the physicians I choose for my care. I want to thank Dr. Halperin for providing me with excellent care for the third orthopedic problem I encountered over the last 15 years. This was a carpel tunnel release. My surgery and post operative care went wonderfully. I will be sure to count on him again in the event I need further orthopedic care,
in Clermont , FL |
Let me start by saying Dr. Halperin’d bedside manner is on point. While it is clear he is incredibly busy you never feel that way as his patient. His visits are short, to the point, and Fun. While getting stabbed with a pin to check for feeling is not fun he does his best to keep the mood uplifting and pleasant. Not only that but you can tell he also is a great mentor for his staff. the people in the office are awesome! Specifically Margie and his perky assistant with cornrows.
We appreciate the kind words about our team. It's our pleasure to help you get back to doing what you love.
in Kissimmee, Florida |
I have had hand surgery performed by Dr. Halperin. on two different occasions. I must say that I was extremely satisfied both times. He explained what was causing my hand problem as well as answered any questions I might have had. He did not act like he was better than me "as I was only the patient and he was the doctor." He treated me as an equal. I would definitely recommend Dr. Halperin.
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Halperin at your recent visit. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!
in Winter Park, FL |
Avoid this doctor if you are on Workers Comp. I desperately needed shoulder surgery for a torn labrum and this doctor administered a cortisone shot for each of the three times I visited him, all in less than 2 months. None of these shots ever did anything to help me. Dr Halperin forgot what was wrong with me multiple times(needed to see my chart more than once to figure it out), seemed very unconcerned at times, refused to listen to my complaints about pain and weakness, and was condescending
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
I am delighted to write a review on Dr. Halperin. He got me through a fractured wrist with great care. I would not hesitate to recommend him for hand/wrist treatment. Cuidos, Dr. Halperin! Esther M. Allen
in Lake Mary, FL |
Dr. Halperin has gained my trust which is not an easy task. My husband and I went in for an appointment with no clue as to what was causing my right hand pain. Dr. Halperin knew exactly what the priblem was and we started treatment right away. I will definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a hand orthopedic doctor..
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Halperin. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!
in Winter Garden, FL |
Dr. Halperin is an efficient & caring Physician who effectively communicated treatment & likely outcome of my trigger-thumb issue. After two cortisone shots surgery was indicated and after two weeks of healing from surgery I am comfortably using my computer keyboard and mouse as well as being able to pick up and hold things securely in my hand. The office and clinical staff within his practice are friendly, well organized and answer the phone instead of routing you through a voicemail system.
Thank you for sharing, Shelly!
in Lake Mary, Florida |
Dr. Halperin and his staff are amazing. From the initial visit to the surgery to the end visit and release. This was a period of several months and all went very well. Dr. Halperin Surgery staff are top notch. The work he did on my shoulder (rotator cuff) I consider to be top notch as well. Office staff professional and very friendly. It doesn't end there...Physical therapist(s) were organized, friendly and professional and very helpful through the recovery process.
in Deltona, FL |
I have been a patient of Orlando Ortho for about 15 years now. Dr. Halperin is the ONLY Dr. I will go to for anything upper extremity. He has put my shoulder back together every time I mess up his great work. He has a great bedside manner and thinks he's funny. Makes the visits much more relaxed for the patient. I refer Orlando Ortho and Dr. Halperin everyone I know that needs a great Orthopedist.
Sanford, Fl |
Dr. Lawrence Halperin is very caring, knowledgeable, attentive to his patients. He spends time with his patients and explains what's going on with your medical conditions of the hands. I am a patient there and, not hesitate to seek his care for any additional issue I might experience with my hands. Thank you Dr. Halperin.
We're so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Halperin. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it's always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.
in Orlando, FL |
Absolutely love him. He is an amazing and knowledgeable doctor. I would recommend him to everyone that needs anything done with their hands.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Halperin is so highly thought of by my husband as well as friends who are or have been patients of his. I went in today complaining of shoulder pain. My shoulder was x rayed & treated with a shot & have no doubt it will be fine within a day or so. I highly recommend Dr. Halperin.
in Lake Mary, FL |
He is a very bright, positive gentlemen. He has extensive knowledge in his field, making you feel confident you are getting the best care. I'm happy to have found him as my Orthopedic Physician. Excellent Lake Mary location as well!
in Apopka Fl |
He is great explains everything to you His office staff also have everything together they are very efficient and friendly??
We appreciate the kind words about our team!
Sanford, FL |
I appreciate Dr H's no nonsense approach. He will listen and make suggestions. I feel we have a partnership in my health.
in Winter Park, FL |
I've seen Dr. Halperin over the years for multiple problems as has my husband. He's always been friendly, kind, informative and efficient. The SoDo office and the surgical center is clean and bright. He's a great doctor and he knows his stuff.
We'll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!
in Riverview, FL |
De. Halperin is very professional. I have met with a few other othropedic surgeons in the past who were not able to locate and fix my shoulder like he did. Though I have permanent restrictions he eased a lot of pain that I have been suffering from for several years. I totally recommend and put my self in this doctors hands. Definitely one of the best.....
Kissimmee, FL |
THE BEST OF THE BEST! KNOWLEDABLE, CONSIDERATE AND TAKES THE TIME TO TALK TO THE PATIENT LIKE FAMILY! HE IS A TRUE DOCTOR! MY HERO!!!!!
We are so grateful for the positive feedback! We'll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you again for sharing.
in Longwood, Florida |
I highly recommend Dr. Halperin to my family and friends. I have been a patient of his for almost two years when he first diagnosed the pain in my left thumb as trigger finger. He performed surgery on my hand in 2016, and I have better range of motion than I did before the onset of my condition. I had an appointment today because I now have the condition in my right hand. I have the utmost confidence that Dr. Halperin with remedy this situation. He is also a kindhearted person.
Severn, MD |
I love Dr. Halprin. He was down to earth and made me feel relaxed and he had a good sense of humor.
in Mascotte, FL |
From the start, Dr. Halperin was friendly, knowledgeable, and his experience was evident in every answer he gave to the questions we asked about my surgery. Throughout the surgery, post-op appointments, and planning of physical therapy, we couldn't have asked for a more attentive, caring physician. Very important to us was Dr. H taking the time to explain to my wife everything he was going to be doing so she would feel comfortable with him cutting on my shoulder, as well.
in Apopka, FL |
Dr. Halperin is professional, caring and a people person. Over the years we have had him perform two Carpal Tunnel and one Trigger Finger release. After a few months, you can not tell you were operated upon.
Sanford, FL |
He was fun and easy to talk to.
in Sanford Florida |
It was a pleasure having Dr. Halperin treat me today. He was very personable, took the time to explain what my problem was and what methods he suggested to rectify the problem and with understandable explanations why. I had several questions all answered in terms I could understand. Great doctor with outstanding personality.
in Casselberry fl |
Dr.halperin, are fantastic doctor I had some wrist surgery done by him and everything he has done, has made a huge difference, in regards to my comfort he listens to everything you say , and explains everything to the T. Best doctor hands down!
in Longwood, Fl. |
I have a problem with my left shoulder, everyone seems to want to do a complete replacement, and this has caused me a lot of confusion. I can't see me imobileized that way for a period of time.With his help I am regaining flexibility in my arm and the pain from use has greatly decreased. He is giving me shots in the shoulder and I was always afraid of that process and would not permit it but he has helped me through the process. He and the staff are great.
Sanford, FL |
Dr. Halperin diagnosed my problem and tried alternate methods of remedy before having to perform surgery to correct the problem. I am much better and thankful for his expertise.
Deltona, FL |
I felt rushed and he squeezed and pinched my hand so hard that I was in alot of pain in a different spot in which I came in for. I feel that I left his office with more pain in which I walked in with. Had to ice my hand that night and still have pain. I free this doctor needs to listen more to his patients and be more gentle .
Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Halperin during your recent exam. To discuss this matter in more detail, and protect your patient privacy, we invite you to call Jessica A., our physician team supervisor, at (407) 418-0571 during normal business hours. We welcome the opportunity to connect you with one of our other orthopaedic hand specialists and look forward to hearing from you.
Deltona, FL |
Went for second opinion to dr halperin he spent five minutes and told me I was fine squeezed my hand so hard I was in tears .....I quess he didn't know that I had surgery on both hands what a quack would not recommend him to my worst enemy
in Apopka, FL |
Aside from being a great hand surgeon, Dr. Halperin has an outstanding bedside manner. He has performed three hand surgeries on me and each time he always makes me feel comfortable and reassuring about the surgery.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Halperin!
in kissimmee florida |
Larry was going to do surgery w/NO tests.10 months later decides nothing is wrong w/me without TESTS! Takes 7 weeks to see the new Doctor. Last night I ended up in ER where the MRI & XRAY show I HAVE BONE CANCER that has spread to shoulder.He's not only mean, nasty w/o empathy; he is a straight up liar. I have his notes that don't even come close to the truth. Guess you didn't count on people recording your "care". I don't care about money I only care that you will not do this to another family.
in Orlando Fl |
Always in a rush, spent as little time as possible with me. I had multiple areas of pain in my wrist, but with his speedy evaluation he only diagnosed one of them. I tried to explain the other area of pain in the evaluation and also the day of surgery, both times he blew off my concerns and acted like I didnt know anything. 6 months later Im in just as much pain, preparing with another MD who will hopefully not rush through the evaluation. Even though I could have been totally healed by now. NO.
in Orlando, FL |
My husband came to Dr Halperin with extreme pain in his wrist. Dr Halperin was very attentive and made us feel completely comfortable, (my husband is usually very uncomfortable going to see any doctors) while explaining the results of my husbands injured hand. We found Dr. Halperin to be witty and very easy to talk to and he genuinely seems to care for his patients. If either of us are ever in need of an orthopedic specialist again in the future, we will definitely be seeing Dr. Halperin again!
in Lake Mary, FL |
When Dr. Halperin performed surgery on my wrist in February 2016, it was the first time I had ever had surgery. Prior to my surgery, he explained what he would be doing and what I could expect afterwards. I had been under his care for the past five years and there was no other option to relieving the pain. It was the best decision for me. He did an amazing job and I would recommend him to anyone who uses the computer all day; and you are experiencing wrist pain. I love this doctor...awesome!
in Orlando, FL |
Very direct add upfront! You know what's going on, and he's listening, and showed concer for my well being
in Lake Helen, FL |
This is my third time using the services of Dr. Lawrence Halperin and Orlando Orthopaedic and you only come back to a place that many times if you're happy with the results. Dr. Halperin is outstanding. Getting ready for my second thumb fusion surgery (left side this time). My last one....the right side.....actually took the slice out of my golf stroke! LOL! Hey, maybe after this one I can qualify for the PGA tour! Could not find a better orthopaedic surgeon than Dr. Lawrence Halperin.
in Orlando, FL |
I work with Orthopaedic Surgeons in my line of work. His reputation among them when I asked is as a brilliant clinician and talented surgeon. I had a difficult case, compound fx with other health complications and he handled my case with the best outcome always in mind.
in ORLANDO, FL |
It has always been very good!! He is very professional. I started feeling much better after the surgery than before it.
Shockingly, the most arrogant and condescending MD I have encountered. As the client attempted to provide the medical history and treatment for seizures, the MD interrupted, in a belittling tone asked the person with the client, have you seen flopping around as he waved his arms in the air to mock seizure activity. I watched in disbelief as I saw the look of embarrassment on the client's face as eyes lowered and face reddened in humiliation. I would not recommend this dr to anyone!
Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Halperin, MD?

Visit Dr. Halperin