Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 70

Dr. Demilio

Summit Medical Group Berkeley Heights

654 Springfield Ave Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Berkeley Heights, NJ and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from New York Medical College medical school in 1976. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Demilio to book an appointment.

Compare with other Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Demilio with our nearby Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists at Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Demilio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Demilio

3.0

Dr. Demilio?
  • Wait times (13)
  • Office environment (8)
  • Office environment (5)
Dr. DeMilio treated me for about 4-5 years. He really listened to my concerns and took my side effects seriously. I was not an easy patient and suffer from both mental and physical illness. He worked with my other doctors and was very thorough. He cared about my well being. He showed compassion and he is up to date with the latest information in psychiatry. He also makes himself available for emergencies. If I hadn’t moved, he’d still be my psychiatrist. He’s a wonderful man and psychiatrist. He even waived some of my fees during the beginning COVID-19. I highly recommend Dr. DeMilio. I have recommended him to friends who are also very happy with his treatment methods
Marissa – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
If you are looking for hassle free medications, call this guy. If you are looking for help, for advice, for psychiatric care, keep looking. He's not your guy.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Tracy T – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Demilio for about a year. He has been exceptional in his care and attention. In particular with getting my medication precisely where it needs to be.
Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
Extremely unprofessional, I have worked with Dr. Demilio for over a year and it is clear he has not changed his ways in 40 years. He mocked my anxiety last time we had an appointment and made me cry. He mocked my anxiety and MY DAD HAD JUST DIED. I have no way to contact him because he has no phone number available. He has strict 20 minute appointments where he does not listen to anything you are saying, and just goes on tangents regarding different medications (he keeps explaining the same medication multiple times, yet I have been on it for 2 years and he has explained it already before, he is basically a broken record and cannot synthesize your symptoms/concerns and respond in a reasonable manner). If I could give him 0 stars, I would. He is a horrible provider and to be honest I have no idea why he is still practicing medicine. He is one of the worst physicians I have ever had.
Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I would honestly give this a guy a zero if that was a choice. My daughter and I went to refill some meds, but when we went inside, he was nothing but rude. He asked us questions as if we toddlers. My daughter started crying and instead of doing what almost anyone else would, he asked her why she was crying in the rudest manner possible. She finally lost it and started cursing him out. The meeting ended with a refusal for the prescription and a threat to call the ER. Would not recommend at all.
Hannah Han in NJ – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
My daughter saw him in his PA office. He was positive and to the point. He enable her to discuss her issues and his response was helpful and straightforward as she is not easy to deal with
mary in Easton, PA – Oct 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I find the negative comments to be very surprising. These descriptions are completely different from my experience with Dr. Demilio. I find him to be very thoughtful in his questions, and he encourages the patient to be part of the decision making process. He does not rush to over-medicate, but allows a patient to try different things to reach the optimal result. We have been seeing him for over a year, and are very pleased.
Fanwood – Feb 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I appreciated the doctor's thoughtfulness and thoroughness in taking time to fully evaluate my daughter before jumping to medication. He seems very knowledgeable. He has a brisk manner but I feel confident with my daughter being his patient.
Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
Complained to me that he had too many patients. Asked me how I expected him to fix my son when no one has in 11 years. I told him it didn't seem that he cared for my son. He told me to get out of his office. I was calm. PLEASE go see another doctor.
Frenchtown, NJ – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
Dr. Demilio is very conscientious and compassionate. I have been very relieved since finding him. He is attentive to my mood and medication needs.
Ferrer in Mendham, NJ – May 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I would leave a 0 if I could. Not helpful, rude, condescending.
Breinigsville, PA – Mar 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Demilio?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

1977
New York Hospital
1976
New York Medical College

• epidemiologic study of paychiatric diagnoses in adolescent substance abusers, 1988
  • TRH Test as marker of psychosis, 1991

Is Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Demilio's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Demilio accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Demilio frequently treats Bipolar Disorder, Family Psychotherapy, and Major Depressive Disorder. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Demilio treats.

Where is Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD's office located?

Dr. Demilio's office is located at 654 Springfield Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Demilio has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Demilio's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Demilio's conditions and procedures:

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Demilio accepts

Dr. Demilio accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Choice Advantage
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Geisinger Health Plan

Summit Medical Group Berkeley Heights654 Springfield Ave Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Langman Psychological Associates LLC825 N Cedar Crest Blvd Allentown, PA 18104

Compare with other Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists

These providers are on the medical staff of Saint Barnabas Medical Center.