Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Demilio
654 Springfield Ave Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922

Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Berkeley Heights, NJ and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from New York Medical College in 1976 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and pediatric psychiatry.

Dr. Demilio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Demilio

2.9

Dr. Demilio?
Dr. Demilio's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD
I have been seeing Dr. Demilio for about a year. He has been exceptional in his care and attention. In particular with getting my medication precisely where it needs to be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
Extremely unprofessional, I have worked with Dr. Demilio for over a year and it is clear he has not changed his ways in 40 years. He mocked my anxiety last time we had an appointment and made me cry. He mocked my anxiety and MY DAD HAD JUST DIED. I have no way to contact him because he has no phone number available. He has strict 20 minute appointments where he does not listen to anything you are saying, and just goes on tangents regarding different medications (he keeps explaining the same medication multiple times, yet I have been on it for 2 years and he has explained it already before, he is basically a broken record and cannot synthesize your symptoms/concerns and respond in a reasonable manner). If I could give him 0 stars, I would. He is a horrible provider and to be honest I have no idea why he is still practicing medicine. He is one of the worst physicians I have ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I would honestly give this a guy a zero if that was a choice. My daughter and I went to refill some meds, but when we went inside, he was nothing but rude. He asked us questions as if we toddlers. My daughter started crying and instead of doing what almost anyone else would, he asked her why she was crying in the rudest manner possible. She finally lost it and started cursing him out. The meeting ended with a refusal for the prescription and a threat to call the ER. Would not recommend at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
My daughter saw him in his PA office. He was positive and to the point. He enable her to discuss her issues and his response was helpful and straightforward as she is not easy to deal with
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I find the negative comments to be very surprising. These descriptions are completely different from my experience with Dr. Demilio. I find him to be very thoughtful in his questions, and he encourages the patient to be part of the decision making process. He does not rush to over-medicate, but allows a patient to try different things to reach the optimal result. We have been seeing him for over a year, and are very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I appreciated the doctor's thoughtfulness and thoroughness in taking time to fully evaluate my daughter before jumping to medication. He seems very knowledgeable. He has a brisk manner but I feel confident with my daughter being his patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
Complained to me that he had too many patients. Asked me how I expected him to fix my son when no one has in 11 years. I told him it didn't seem that he cared for my son. He told me to get out of his office. I was calm. PLEASE go see another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
Dr. Demilio is very conscientious and compassionate. I have been very relieved since finding him. He is attentive to my mood and medication needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?
I would leave a 0 if I could. Not helpful, rude, condescending.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Demilio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Demilio?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

New York Hospital
1976
New York Medical College

• TRH Test as marker of psychosis, 1991
  • epidemiologic study of paychiatric diagnoses in adolescent substance abusers, 1988

Dr. Demilio accepts

Dr. Demilio accepts the following insurance:

Select