Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD

Dr. Karpf
Telehealth services available

Laurie Karpf MD

9325 Glades Rd Ste 208 Boca Raton, FL 33434

Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Boca Raton, FL and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from New York State U, College of Medicine - Upstate medical school in 1986. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Karpf to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Karpf's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Karpf's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Karpf performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 64% of her peers

Dr. Karpf performs this procedure more than 64% of her peers

Dr. Karpf treats this condition more than 34% of her peers

Dr. Karpf's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Karpf accepts

Dr. Karpf accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Karpf's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Karpf

3.6

Dr. Karpf?
  • Wait times (13)
  • Appointment scheduling (10)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (4)
  • Office environment (4)
Dr. Karpf has been my daughters psychiatrist for over 10 years. Treating a pre-teen patient and now as a young adult patient, requires flexibility and vast knowledge to be able to pivot at different times. Dr Karpf has navigated us through everything from typical to crisis situations. She is accesible and patient and calm. No ego here.
Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Dr Karpf is extremely professional and knowledgeable. I have met many psychiatrists over the years and she is the best.
Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Dr. Karpf is incredible. She takes time to listen to you and offer incredible guidance. She responds very quickly to questions/concerns in between appointments. I am very picky about my doctors and I highly recommend her. She has transformed my life for the better!
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Dr. Karpf is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I have ever met. She is wonderful with my son and he absolutely loves her. She returns calls promptly, is extremely knowledgeable and is very interested in our concerns. We recently had an issue where my son was having a problem and needed additional medication and she called us daily to check on him. I have taken my son to see many physicians and she is by far one of the best.
Apr 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Dr. Karpf is absolutely amazing. I am bewildered about the poor subjective opinions of the suffering and frustrated few. She is seriously stellar. Been around before I found her, and the resultant is that I'll never go elsewhere. -ADHD Engineer.
ADHD Civil Engineer. in Boca Raton, Florida – Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Extremely annoying. Talks over you and won't even let you finish your sentence, she seems to know you better than you know yourself and she continues to ask the same questions. She's extremely hyper and never stops talking to the point that you feel attacked. Wouldn't trust her to take care of a fish, let alone my mental health
Aug 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
The EXACT SAME QUESTIONS ARE ASKED OVER And OVER AGAIN during the same session ABSOLUTELY NO RETENTION from one appointment to the next even after years of being a patient! Apparently doesn't read notes before hand! Too impatient to listen. Asked if a medication I had tried only one dose of over seven years ago was still working well! I've suffered this as well as belittling comments way too long. Horrible! I'm Finally DONE!!!
Ft Lauderdale, FL – Jul 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Dr Karpf has been treating my grandson for approx 2 years. SHe is a skilled diagnostician who was able to diagnose my grandson immediately. He is doing great in school now thanks to her commitment to finding the right meds that work for him. His self esteem has improved because he is not being disciplined all the time. I am very grateful to have Dr K in his life.
Boca Raton, FL – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Caring and helpful. Been seeing Dr. Karpf for awhile and have been helped tremendously. Recommend her as a doctor.
Boca Raton, FL – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Horrible woman...took 400$ from us and spent the entire time being rude and insulting...doesn't listen...never shuts up...thinks she knows more about your kid than you do...stuck up Doctor...VERY RUDE person...don't waste your time and money! She will not help your child...
Boca mom in Boca Raton, FL – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
Dr. Karpf is a caring and knowelgible doctor. I appreciate how much she has helped and would recommend her to friends and family.
Boca Raton – Jul 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
The single WORST psychiatrist I have ever had the displeasure of going to. Due to the lack of adolescent psychiatrists under my insurance, I was forced to see her. She would verbally attack me and tell me that I wasn't trying to deal with my condition. She also would constantly compare me to her children, who are around my age. She would mock me and I would often leave her office feeling worse than I did when I went in. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
May 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone, especially if you are looking for a doctor for your child. I actually had to make the decision to dismiss her as my doctor when I was in middle school because she wasn't helping me AT ALL. She wouldn't listen to me and my concerns. And she constantly spoke of her on children in comparison to me (we are around the same age). Im 24 now and I still consider her the WORST psychiatrist I have ever been to.
Boca Raton, FL – Feb 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?
I saw Dr. Karpf for a number of years and have nothing but great things to say about her. She is an understanding and thoughtful doctor, whom I would recommend to anyone.
Thomas in Boca Raton, FL – Feb 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Karpf, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Karpf?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry