Dr. Laurence M. Susini, MD

Dr. Laurence M. Susini, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 61 years old

My personal goals as a physician are patient safety, enhancing the total patient experience, and providing a positive, transforming medical experience. Since 1987, I have been practicing general orthopedics. Over 30 years, and performing over 500 surgeries per year, I have developed a wealth and depth of surgery knowledge, experience and skill. Using and introducing the latest techniques and implants demonstrates my commitment to keeping up-to-date with the latest medical education and process improvements in orthopedic surgery. I am proud to be an early adopter of Zimmer's cutting edge total joint arthroplasty. I use the Persona Total Knee with FuZion Instrumentation and the Kinective Total Hip replacement with Forever Hip Technology. For sports medicine and arthroscopy, I utilize Arthrex instrumentation. For fracture care, I use Synthes Instrumentation. These and many more state- of- the- art techniques allow me to provide excellent quality surgical outcomes for every patient.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Susini's Experience

See how Dr. Susini's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Susini

Dr. Susini accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Susini has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Susini's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Susini to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Susini
Dr. Susini's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (21)
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Excellent Doctor, both knee total replacement 1/12/16 and 11/1/16. He inform everything about the two procedures, also his Staff was excellent. I would refer This Special Doctor to every one. Thank you for giving my quality of Life back. God Bless.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Susini for several years. His care has always been excellent and I had no qualms in seeking his advice and treatment concerning serious knee pain. After the appropriate examination, xrays, etc. he explained my options and we decided a total knee replacement was the best answer. He replaced my knee in November and the experience has been very positive. His care and that of his staff, the hospital and rehab staff were and continue to be excellent
in Hereford, Arizona |
Dr. Susini is a very professional, thorough & caring physician. I had surgery on my knee to repair a crack in my femur bone & remove cartilage that had broken off. He always took the time to go over & explain everything to me & what to expect as a result. I have great confidence in him & highly recommend him as an Orthopedic Surgeon.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Susini for many many years & highly recommend him to everyone. He has done surgery on my husband & myself. I recently had total knee replacement and had nothing but the best of care from him, the hospital & the physical therapists.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
From my first visit with Dr. Susini I knew I needed a knee replacement. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery. I couldn"t be happier with the results. From the nurses who called to schedule appointments to the physical therapists, they were all helpful, friendly and courteous. Dr. Susini listened to all my questions and concerns and explained everything step by step to me. I highly recommend Dr. Susini and his office, you won"t be disappointed in the care they give you.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Susini performed a full hip replacement on me, at the end of September 2015. After a normal recovery, building up the muscles in my hip with constant exercise for the first couple of months. It is now November 2016 with zero pain for the last for the last 11 months. I just turned 70 years old and can walk like I used to when I was 30. Overall it is the best thing to happen to me, second to marrying my wife.
sierra vista, az |
Awesome surgeon!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking to have knee replacement.
in Bisbee, AZ |
I have seen Dr. Susini for many years as I developed arthritis and knee injuries. I find him to be knowledgeable, personal and not recommending drastic treatments. Very common sense person. I have confidence in his ability.
in Hereford, AZ |
Great guy, very gentle and no pain!!
in Douglas , Az |
Replaced my knee in December 2014. Have been in unbearable pain eversince. Have seen him repeatedly no help. My leg swells to twice the size of the other one. He doesn't care. I don't sleep and can't stand anthing to touch my leg. In 18° weather I have to wear shorts!The constant pain affects my gait so now have severe hip pain too.
Have you seen Dr. Laurence M. Susini, MD?
Are you Dr. Susini?

Compare Dr. Susini

Dr. Susini says...

Cochise County has been my home since 1987. I enjoy living here, the community, the climate and environment. I am an avid cyclist. Frequently you will see me riding on the roads or mountain biking on the trails of our county. Other activities that I enjoy are diving, kayaking, and hiking. I also like listening to music and playing the guitar.

I am blessed to have my wife, Rhonda, six children, and four grandchildren to enhance the joy in my life.

Dr. Susini's Care Philosophy

Using and introducing the latest techniques and implants demonstrates my commitment to keeping up-to-date with the latest medical education and process improvements in orthopedic surgery. I am proud to be an early adopter of Zimmer's cutting edge total joint arthroplasty. I use the Persona Total Knee with FuZion Instrumentation and the Kinective Total Hip replacement with Forever Hip Technology. For sports medicine and arthroscopy, I utilize Arthrex instrumentation. For fracture care, I use Synthes Instrumentation. These and many more state- of- the- art techniques allow me to provide excellent quality surgical outcomes for every patient.

Dr. Susini says...

I treat patients for general orthopedic conditions to include arthritis and degenerative conditions, traumatic injuries, sports injuries, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle, and foot problems.

Some of the most frequent surgeries I perform are total knee and total hip replacements, knee and shoulder arthroscopy, fracture care (operative and non-operative), ligament reconstruction and many other reconstructive procedures.

Dr. Susini says...

Dr. Susini's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Susini has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Susini's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Completed in 1982

Madigan Army Medical Center

Completed in 1987

Dr. Susini does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Susini and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction