Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Laurence Susini, MD
Cochise County has been my home since 1987. I enjoy living here, the community, the climate and environment. I am an avid cyclist. Frequently you will see me riding on the roads or mountain biking on the trails of our county. Other activities that I enjoy are diving, kayaking, and hiking. I also like listening to music and playing the guitar. I am blessed to have my wife, Rhonda, six children, and four grandchildren to enhance the joy in my life.

5750 E Highway 90 Ste 200

Sierra Vista, AZ 85635

• American Republic
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Susini

My personal goals as a physician are patient safety, enhancing the total patient experience, and providing a positive, transforming medical experience.

Since 1987, I have been practicing general orthopedics. Over 30 years, and performing over 500 surgeries per year, I have developed a wealth and depth of surgery knowledge, experience and skill.

Using and introducing the latest techniques and implants demonstrates my commitment to keeping up-to-date with the latest medical education and process improvements in orthopedic surgery. I am proud to be an early adopter of Zimmer's cutting edge total joint arthroplasty. I use the Persona Total Knee with FuZion Instrumentation and the Kinective Total Hip replacement with Forever Hip Technology. For sports medicine and arthroscopy, I utilize Arthrex instrumentation. For fracture care, I use Synthes Instrumentation. These and many more state- of- the- art techniques allow me to provide excellent quality surgical outcomes for every patient.

Dr. Susini's Experience

Dr. Susini's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Madigan Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Susini has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Susini does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Susini and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Susini's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Susini to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Susini's Performance
in Hereford, AZ |
I had shoulder surgery on Sept 27th of this year. Dr. Susini told me what to expect and how my recovery would progress. Two days after surgery I was out of the sling and within two weeks I was able to raise my arm almost over my head. A miracle worker, wonderful bedside manner and a super doctor.
Sierra Vista, AZ |
I have had Dr Susini as my orthopedic doctor since 1990's when I broke my wrist. I trust him 100 percent with my care. I admire his professional attitude, his experience and his knowledge of his field. I wouldn't want any other doctor taking care of my needs in this field. I have many friends who agree with me wholeheartedly. Thank you, Dr. Susini, for taking good care of me!!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Susini, a surgeon with the Sierra Vista Medical Group, recently performed a left-side total hip replacement--a major operation--on me. My take-away with Dr Susini is one of genuine professionalism and obvious competence along with a very agreeable personality. For me, it was actually a pleasure to meet him and also a huge mental relief to know that I would be under his care and direction. I can see much future success for Susini and his Medical Group.
in Hereford, AZ |
I am, and always have been a very active person; my left hip began to give me pain a few years ago, limiting my life activities. I had a full hip replacement Aug 2016 and am back to living my life my way again, no I am not doing backflips or running marathons anymore, but have come to the reality that I am over 60 and it might be time to enjoy walking, hiking, motorcycle riding, working around the house/yard and whatever else comes my way as kinder options for the longevity of my hip. Tnx Dr. S
in Sierra Vista AZ |
Dr Susini explained my options very well. I felt very safe, at hospital, before my surgery. The cortisone shots, I have received on my knee, have been pain free! He is professional and trusting!
in Huachuca City, Az 85616 |
Dr. Laurence Susini performed surgery on my right knee in August 2016, and every thing went perfectly. To date, 15 August 2017, I have experienced no problems what so ever. I would highly recommend Dr. Susini to anyone requiring knee replacement Surgery. Frances Trujillo.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I called and made an appointment with Dr. Susini as I needed Surgery,on my left Elbow that I ruined out of state he checked it out and said you need Surgery but I had another out of State trip the next day, So Dr Susini said go. and he would set up a surgery date for when I got back. Surgery went beautifully as he is a skilled Surgeon. From the time I went in the Hospital, everyone took care of me wonderfully. Not only would I recommend him to others, He will do Rotator Cuff Surgery next year.
in Sierra Vista AZ |
Dr. Susini performed extensive right shoulder surgery in January 2017. I am very satisfied with the results. Eight months later I can use/lift my right arm with ease and without pain.
Hereford, AZ |
I have been to Dr. Susini twice for CMC arthritis. I'm not impressed. You wait upwards of 30 minutes and he spends less than 10 minutes with you. I don't feel that he listens to my concerns and is just rushing me out of the office. Complete waste of time and money. The topical he gave me didn't work, just made my thumb sticky for hours. The last injection he gave me made my thumb worse, which never happened with previous injections I had by my doctor prior moving here.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I have recently had knee replacement surgery with Dr. Susini. This is my fifth surgery with Dr. Susini. I have found Dr. Susini to be an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to friends and family members. I felt there was no need for me to go to Tucson for my knee replacement surgery when there was a well qualified surgeon in Sierra Vista.
Sierra Vista, AZ |
I had a unsuccessful surgery 3 years ago that Dr. Susini was able to fix. It wasn't a typical hip replacement. There were complicated issues and he was able to fix the situation with more sucess than I thought possible. It was a smooth surgery that brought my legs back to the same length with a short and painless recovery.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Susini performed two knee replacement surgeries on my late husband. I naturally trusted him and returned to him when I needed his help for my painful and arthritic left hip. He performed surgery and replaced the hip March 2017. I was so pleased with his efficiency and knowledge. All went very well. I am recovering and looking forward to more freedom in the future with no more painful hip.
in Palominas, AZ |
My husband and I have both had the experience With Dr. Susini and have been more than happy with out care.
in Lima Peru |
Dr. Susini di my hip replacement surgery. He did an incredible job! I would highly recommend him. He is a master surgeon. In fact I came all the way from Peru to have Dr. Susini do my surgery. He had done both my sisters hips and she highly recommended him. Turns out she was right on.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Susini is not only a superb orthopedic surgeon but he is very quick to analyze a problem and come up with a comprehensive plan to fix it. My last visit took only half an hour from X-Rays to cortisone shot. I have been going to Dr. Susini for years and would highly recommend him to anyone who needs an orthopedic surgeon.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Excellent Doctor, both knee total replacement 1/12/16 and 11/1/16. He inform everything about the two procedures, also his Staff was excellent. I would refer This Special Doctor to every one. Thank you for giving my quality of Life back. God Bless.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Susini for several years. His care has always been excellent and I had no qualms in seeking his advice and treatment concerning serious knee pain. After the appropriate examination, xrays, etc. he explained my options and we decided a total knee replacement was the best answer. He replaced my knee in November and the experience has been very positive. His care and that of his staff, the hospital and rehab staff were and continue to be excellent
in Hereford, Arizona |
Dr. Susini is a very professional, thorough & caring physician. I had surgery on my knee to repair a crack in my femur bone & remove cartilage that had broken off. He always took the time to go over & explain everything to me & what to expect as a result. I have great confidence in him & highly recommend him as an Orthopedic Surgeon.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Susini for many many years & highly recommend him to everyone. He has done surgery on my husband & myself. I recently had total knee replacement and had nothing but the best of care from him, the hospital & the physical therapists.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
From my first visit with Dr. Susini I knew I needed a knee replacement. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery. I couldn"t be happier with the results. From the nurses who called to schedule appointments to the physical therapists, they were all helpful, friendly and courteous. Dr. Susini listened to all my questions and concerns and explained everything step by step to me. I highly recommend Dr. Susini and his office, you won"t be disappointed in the care they give you.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Susini performed a full hip replacement on me, at the end of September 2015. After a normal recovery, building up the muscles in my hip with constant exercise for the first couple of months. It is now November 2016 with zero pain for the last for the last 11 months. I just turned 70 years old and can walk like I used to when I was 30. Overall it is the best thing to happen to me, second to marrying my wife.
sierra vista, az |
Awesome surgeon!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking to have knee replacement.
in Bisbee, AZ |
I have seen Dr. Susini for many years as I developed arthritis and knee injuries. I find him to be knowledgeable, personal and not recommending drastic treatments. Very common sense person. I have confidence in his ability.
in Hereford, AZ |
Great guy, very gentle and no pain!!
in Douglas , Az |
Replaced my knee in December 2014. Have been in unbearable pain eversince. Have seen him repeatedly no help. My leg swells to twice the size of the other one. He doesn't care. I don't sleep and can't stand anthing to touch my leg. In 18° weather I have to wear shorts!The constant pain affects my gait so now have severe hip pain too.
Have you seen Dr. Laurence Susini, MD?
Are you Dr. Susini?

Visit Dr. Susini

Dr. Susini accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio