Dr. Laurence Kinsella, MD

Practices Neurology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 45 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Kinsella has been an awesome doctor trying hard to help me. I am recovering from a Staph infection in my spine and still have trouble walking. He listens to ALL questions and has advised me several ways to strengthen my legs. I have never felt rushed at an appointment and feel that he truly cares. I am so glad his name was referred to me, and I would definitely refer others to him.
Author:
Dr Kinsella has been one of the most attentive and thorough doctors I've met over the years. He takes my concerns very seriously and works hard to ensure he fully understands the problem in order to offer the best treatment options possible. He is constantly learning and keeping up with research to best serve his patients - I'm thankful for this because he was able to give me an explanation/diagnosis for problems that flew under the radar for years. I appreciate how hard he worked and how much time he devoted to my care to provide the very best outcome possible.
Author:
Dr. Kinsella is an outstanding Neurologist. I have had migraines since grade school. I am now in my 50's. I averaged 18 migraines a month, prior to seeing Dr. Kinsella. I now have 2-3 migraines a month, which requires a rescue medication. As you can imagine, my quality of life has improved. His nurse is fantastic. She is caring, thoughtful, quick to address questions, and demonstrates attention to detail. I am a Nurse and Nurses do not recommend Physicians, if they aren't top notch. :)
Author:
Dr. Kinsella is a great doctor! He helped me when I felt like no one else could! He gave me my life back. Dr. Kinsella diagnosed me with in 15 minutes of seeing him for the first time. I was back up and going in no time! I spent over 5 months seeing doctor after doctor. Dr. Kinsella really listened to me and cares about his patients!
Author:
Dr.Kinsella is a miracle worker. I went to see him for headaches,memory loss and staggering when I walked. He diagnosed spinal fluid leak. He sent me to have a procedure called blood patch. That was 3 weeks ago and all of my symptoms have disappeared. Dr.Kinsella is the greatest. Thank you so much for giving my life back.
Author:
Dr. Kinsella gave me my life back. After almost 6 years of various neurologists, he finally diagnosed me with a CSF leak. He is the only neurologist to actually listen to my symptoms and not just dismiss them as "typical migraines." He has a good understanding of Chiari, EDS, and other comorbidities. I continue to follow up with him and will be forever grateful for his kindness and compassion. It is rare to find a doctor who is actually willing to hear AND answer your questions.
Author:
Basically told me everything was in my head (processing issue. No underlying pathology). In fairness I was late to my apt. but this is the worse apt. I’ve had in a very long time. Focused on the portion of my history that agreed with him. Ignored what did not fit his diagnosis (ie records from The Cleveland Clinic). Laughed at my low gluten diet. Had to repeat the same statement multiple times because he did not listen.”Treatment plan” included starting things that have be ongoing for some time
Author:
I went into the hospital in January for 5 days my loved ones thought I had a stroke. I was confused. My memory was poor. I had no control over my limbs. Dizzy. Could not hardly walk. After tests Dr. Kinsella said it was not a stroke, but medicine toxicity. He weaned me off two meds and 2 months later I am doing wonderful! My husband said "I am more alive than he's seen me in years." and he told Dr. Kinsella that "I have my wife back!" We thank God for Dr. Kinsella! He is the best!
Author:
My father has been challenged with a neurological condition his whole life that affects his ability to walk. Age has made the condition even worse and my father was beginning to lose hope he could do anything to help himself. Dr. Kinsella spent a lot of time with him to understand exactly what was going on and provided the entire family with some proactive ideas no other doctors had mentioned. Dr. Kinsella's kindness and delivery of his expertise was outstanding and my father now has hope.
Author:
Worth the 5 hour drive to visit with him for 30 minutes!
Author:
Dr. Kinsella is great. It did take 6 months to get a new patient appointment, but it was well worth the wait. He was VERY patient and listened to my very long and sorted history. His staff asks in advance of seeing him for you to write goals you hope to accomplish during your appointment which is so great, IMO. He has been very attentive to answering my questions and helping me with medications using the online patient portal. I really appreciate his attentiveness & compassion for my case.
Author:
Dr. Kinsella has been my Neurologist since I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia 4 years ago. He gives me quarterly botox injections and always makes sure that we discuss how the previous injections worked and increasing the amount of botox until we have found the exact dosage and placement for them. He's very personable and makes you feel relaxed and is considerate of your feelings. #1 in my book. You cannot go wrong choosing him as your Neurologist.
Author:
This Doctor gave my daughters their life back! I have 3 girls that are all very sick. The first one he saw last year after she had been to every cardio in the area saying nothing is wrong. She was bed ridden at age 13 would pass out if trying to stand. Blood pressure would plumett. This doctor got her a quality of life back in 4 weeks. He knew what was wrong and how to help. She went from bed ridden to Life Guard! After that I schedule her 2 sisters. We are very complicated and most doctors jus
Author:
I saw Dr. Kinsella to determine the cause of balance problems. When I left, I had a diagnosis and a comprehensive treatment plan consisting of PT, diet recommendations, and medication. He explained the benefit of each part of this plan, and gladly agreed when I asked for a copy of his notes in order to remember everything. I left the appointment feeling validated -- and actually EXCITED -- to be about a treatment plan for a problem that began about 10 years ago. I highly recommend Dr. Kinsella!
Author:
Dr. Kinsella was patient, kind and thorough. He was able to correctly diagnosis me after 5 months of no answers with other doctors and many hospital visits. He took his time assessing me, asking questions, and listening to all my symptoms. I am very thankful he went to medical school and uses his God given talents to care and treat others.