Dr. Laurence Jacobs, MD

Dr. Jacobs
Telehealth services available

Fertility Centers of Illinois

135 N Arlington Heights Rd Ste 195 Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Dr. Laurence Jacobs, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Buffalo Grove, IL and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine medical school in 1975. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Condell Medical Center and Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jacobs to book an appointment.

Compare with other Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists

Compare Dr. Jacobs with our nearby Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital today at (847) 260-7919.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Jacobs and his staff! Dr. Jacobs is very experienced, knowledgeable doctor who really cares about his patients. Another thing I love about him is that he has made himself available to patients by giving his email and always answering questions/concerns. I was very nervous about my 1st appointment but he made me feel comfortable and that I am in good hands. From then on at every appointment with him I felt like I am talking not only to my doctor but to my friend too. His staff- his staff are all wonderful. Very detailed oriented and were quick to respond in the portal when I had questions. Shout out to Jen M. from the BG office, and Lisa and Melissa from the HP IVF center! You girls rock! Now, less than a year later after my 1st appointment I’m happily pregnant with twins! Thanks for all you have done for me and my family Dr. Jacobs and staff!
DG – May 25, 2021
I had the best experience with Dr. Laurence Jacobs and his staff. He is very knowledgeable and can help with the exact issue. Even with COVID restrictions his staff was super friendly and I never had any issues in scheduling or appointments. If you are struggling with infertility, then Dr. Jacobs is the one who can help you!!
AB – May 19, 2021
Dr Jacobs helped us get our miracle baby after 8 long years and 12 transfers.
Kristen G – Apr 30, 2021
Without the care received from Dr. Jacobs and FCI, our family would never have stood a chance at being complete. We have Dr. Jacobs to thank for our 1st miracle son and our 2nd miracle is on the way. Infertility is lonely, isolating, and exhausting, but Dr. Jacobs truly cares about seeing you through the storm. He’s been in the field for over 40 years and that type of experience is hard to find!
Christa Houck – Nov 05, 2020
We highly recommend Dr. Jacobs to help you through your fertility journey. During my 5 years under his care, I took all the diagnostic tests he had available, which all resulted in unexplained infertility. We tried every procedure from IUI, IVF, and even surrogacy, all without success. When I felt we were at the end of our rope, he proposed one more new diagnostic test (he was the only one in the practice that offered this test) which finally identified the cause of my infertility. Dr. Jacobs was able to prescribe the proper protocol and I can say that without his help, we would not have our miracle baby girl with us today! Dr. Jacobs is 100% committed to his patients goals and his resolve is unwavering.
Sep 01, 2020
We are blessed to be welcoming miracle baby number 2 this year with the guidance, expertise and commitment of Dr. Jacob's. Dr. Jacob's is the absolute best and I can't say enough, if you are wanting to build a family Dr. Jacob's and team are the most knowledgeable, responsive, science based team out there. Dr. Jacob's and his team have changed me and my family's life forever.
Noor – Aug 26, 2020
After seeing a doctor at a different clinic for several IVF cycles who told us we had a 2% chance of success, we switched to Dr. Jacobs. Thanks to Dr. Jacobs, we now have a wonderful, healthy one year old son who is our own biological child. This past year has been the most amazing and happiest year in my life - all thanks to Dr. Jacobs. Helen, the nurse from Dr. Jacobs's office was helpful and prompt in answering all our questions and concerns.
KS – Aug 03, 2020
We are very blessed to work with to Dr. Laurence Jacobs . He's very attentive, caring and most of all respectful of our decisions. His honesty & professionalism is unmatched compared to the other Reproductive Endocrinologists my husband and I had before. Dr. Laurence Jacobs is true to his words. He is very patient and listened to what we have to say. With continuous failure in IVF and a miscarriage, Dr Jacobs recommended tests I should take before moving forward again with IVF. I did what he suggested & sure enough I tested positive for those tests, which prevented me from getting pregnant. After Dr Jacobs treatment and recommendations, we went for another round of IVF and now we are expecting. Words can't explain our happiness. We highly recommend Dr. Laurence Jacobs, he made the impossible, possible!! -- MV (04 2020)
Apr 06, 2020
Dr Jacobs is a great doctor. Our case was a challenging combination via IVF but he made sure we finally were able to get pregnant and our little baby will be soon with us :) Dr Jacobs always patiently listened to my questions and my complains as I did kind of complain when it didn’t work and answered all. He explained the obstacles we were facing and what we could do. I’m sure he has to deal with different characters and it is not easy. Dr Jacobs has also great sense of humor which helped to go thru the process that is difficult, overwhelming and exhausting. Not many doctors have such a good sense of humor. Besides dr Jacobs gives his patients his email address so if you have questions or concerns you can ask and he will always reply even late in the evening so in one word he is an just email away. If anyone needs treatment I would highly recommend Dr Jacobs as the fertility doctor who can help achieve your dream of having a child. I wish Dr Jacobs all the best. Joanna & Mark
Apr 01, 2020
Dr. Laurence A Jacobs provides a very professional and outstanding guidance during patient’s stressful and vital journey of having a child via IVF. He personally supervises each case and considers carefully each couple’s special circumstances. Special thanks to the FCI staff and aParent Fertility lab at Highland Park for an extremely delicate and precise work that brings happiness to people’s lives! Embryologists never meet patients, but their contribution is absolutely crucial in the magic FCI performs daily. The lab staff presents every piece of the information accurately and timely, returns every phone call personally immediately, which reduces stress, helps to make correct decisions, save money and have a happy outcome! Lucky to choose Dr Jacobs, his FCI clinic and the lab!
JP – Dec 28, 2019
My husband and I had a lot of anxiety around beginning fertility testing and treatment. When we determined that we did indeed face some challenges, Dr. Jacobs was always a steady and supportive guide along our path to parenthood. Infertility can be a heartbreaking and lonely journey, but the staff, nurses and doctors at FCI were always positive, hopeful, honest and pleasant to see (and you see them a lot when you're undergoing treatment!). When it was time to give up on IUI and try IVF, Dr. Jacobs was encouraging and straightforward about what the process entailed and how much better our odds would be. We moved forward with IVF and became pregnant after our first frozen embryo transfer. We feel incredibly blessed and grateful to FCI to be 35 weeks pregnant, expecting our baby girl to arrive right around Christmas, 2019. If you're considering getting tested, starting treatment, picking a clinic or finding support, please give FCI and Dr. Jacobs a call. It was so worth it.
Elizabeth – Nov 22, 2019
Five stars is not enough for Dr. Jacobs and his team! I have struggled with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) all my adult life. Other doctors failed to successfully diagnose or treat my condition. I was ecstatic to learn that Dr. Jacobs is a nationally recognized specialist in the treatment of PCOS. I pleased when I received grace, instead of shame, at our first visit. When we started trying for a family, I was afraid to see a new dr. But, I have never been more comfortable. Every staff member was supportive and encouraging. Even when we faced another "not yet", they delivered it with care and hope. We were hesitant to move onto IVF and Dr. Jacobs worked with us to accommodate that choice. Once I was pregnant, he and his staff carefully monitored the pregnancy to ensure the best chance to carry to term. When they say, "Your miracle. Our mission", it’s true. Today, we are holding our precious miracle! We are forever grateful.I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs, his team, and FCI
Christy G. – Oct 31, 2019
It is too hard to put into one review the amount of gratitude my husband and I have for Dr. Jacobs and his staff at FCI. Dr. Jacobs is the most knowledgeable and persistent doctor you could possibly hope for in the fertility world. We were comforted by the fact that Dr. Jacobs was willing to run any and every test that might lead us to answers. He uses the most current practices and makes it obvious that he is always completely invested in your care. Without him suggesting the Receptiva DX test to us, we wouldn’t be where we are today. As we wait for our miracle twin girls to arrive this March, we can never truly thank him enough. You’d be crazy not to allow Dr. Jacobs and FCI a chance to make your dream of becoming a parent come true as well.
CN – Oct 24, 2019
Dr. Jacob's was my third Reproductive Endocrinologist. I had already been through 6 clomid + IUI cycles and 3 IVF trials with no success. The first two doctors I went to said I had poor egg quality and that it would be difficult for me to conceive. I went to Dr. Jacob's and he gave us new hope. He is excellent doctor and very experienced. During appointments he always knew what questions his patients would have. He would answer questions even before asking. Needless to say we had success with our 4th IVF. I would highly recommend him.
MP – Aug 10, 2019
Dr Jacobs helped us conceived both of our girls!! We wouldn't have the loves of our lives without his and his staffs help! They were very informative and compassionate. He took the time to listen to our concerns and provided treatment options that were realistic. Words can't express how much he has changed our lives.
JLR – Jul 29, 2019
I loved Dr Jacobs!!! I am so glad I decided to go to FCI. everyone on staff is very nice and compassionate, they helped me so very much!
Jul 26, 2019
Dr. Jacobs is patient and knowledgable - truly one of the best!
Apr 25, 2019
Dr. Jacobs never gave up on my husband and I. We had a particularly challenging road with infertility and spent over 7 years trying to concieve (not all with Dr. J). We now are the proud parents of a 2m old little boy, who is absolutely perfect. Through each step of our journey, Dr, Jacobs used progressive and aggressive treatments. He researched and used cutting edge science to ensure a positive outcome for us. Not only is Dr. Jacobs dedicated, but he is kind and caring as well.
Apr 17, 2019
Dr. Jacobs is an amazing individual, very knowledgeable and compassionate. We went to Dr. Jacobs after 4 IVF failures at a different facility and he helped us conceive beating all the odds. We are 11 weeks pregnant now and we are so thankful to him for this dream come true. We will definitely plan our second baby with Dr. Jacobs. He came across as a very friendly and warm person giving us hope that someone other than us is equally concerned for our success. His staff members are equally amazing
Mar 21, 2019
Honestly I will recommend him the greatest doctor he did help me thank you doctor and his staff team they always there for anything you need
Erika in Aurora , IL – Mar 03, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobs?

Dr. Jacobs is committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive care available to make their dreams of a family come true. Dr. Jacobs is the...Read more

Dr. Jacobs is a Mayo Clinic-trained Reproductive Endocrinologist and board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has been practicing medicine since...Read more

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility