Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs, MD

Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male

Fertility Centers of Illinois 2260 W Higgins Rd Ste 200, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

"As a fertility specialist, I am committed to developing a healthy partnership and relationship with each of my patients. I get tremendous satisfaction from what I do. Helping couples overcome their fertility problems and have the child they have always wanted. At the end of the day, what I do every day makes a difference in people's lives. But the true satisfaction comes from helping make dreams of a family come true."Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Jacobs' Experience

77Experience
Match

See how Dr. Jacobs' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Jacobs has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs' Review Details
4.7 based on 42 responses
Experience with Dr. Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (41)
Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs, MD says

I am very pleased that you chose me to help you in your journey to become parents.  I have always tried to have a 'connection' and be very accessible in the office or by phone or email.  I have been blessed with the knowledge & skills to make a difference in people's lives. As you know, there are many patients, just like you, who struggle with the misery of infertility.  When patients are considering treatment, they often search the internet for a 'top doctor'.  I would really appreciate if at your convenience, you would please take just a few minutes to do this survey/review of my practice so your comments can be forwarded to some of the physician ratings websites. You can do the review using your name or initials or anonymously.  Thank you in advance for letting others know what your experience has been with me.  Your honesty and sincerity will help me provide the very best service to others just like you.  Please keep in touch.

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback, we look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerely,

Laurence A. Jacobs,  M.D.

in Chicago, IL |
My IVF girl is now 23 years old and have often recommended Dr. Jacobs to people also hoping to start a family. He was alwas available and I felt he really cared about what we were going through. That means so much when going through such a tough time!
Have you seen Dr. Laurence A. Jacobs, MD?

Compare Dr. Jacobs

• Semen Analysis
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Sanction

Dr. Jacobs has received 1 sanction

More What is a sanction or disciplinary action
    • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence  (4/21/2014)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Jacobs, Laurence Alan MD : License 0360544440: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician allegedly failure to diagnose Cushing’s Syndrome. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Finance and Professional Regulation has issued a REPRIMAND on the physician’s license.
    • State: Illinois

Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1975

Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine

Completed in 1979

Mayo Clinic Rochester

Completed in 1988

Northwestern

Dr. Jacobs has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Jacobs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacobs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Jacobs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Sanctions found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Jacobs

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Jacobs' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Jacobs

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Jacobs says...

As your "journey" through infertility therapy begins with me, there are several important points about my "Infertility Philosophy" I would like to share with you:

• As your doctor, I am committed to compassionate and respectful care. I understand that nobody wants to be here undergoing fertility therapy.
  • The measure of an excellent "fertility specialist" should not be based solely on pregnancy rates, but also on how patients feel about the care they receive. I will do everything I can to make sure you receive the best care.
  • With superb training at Northwestern University (Medical School and Ob/Gyn Residency) and then at the Mayo Clinic (Reproductive Endocrine / Infertility Fellowship), I am equipped to provide you with state of the art infertility care.
  • Having been in clinical practice for over 35 years, I am Trusted and Respected by physicians and patients. In fact, I am often referred to as a "Doctor's Doctor", having been  repeatedly honored by being selected in all Castle Connolly publications of "Chicago's Top Doctors" 2001-2015 (top 10% fertility specialists) and "America's Top Doctors" 2001-2015 (top 1% Reproductive Endocrinologists nationwide).  I am honored that my peers (obstetricians, gynecologists, and nurses) have bestowed such recognition in the surveys that make up the selections for these prestigious publications.
  • "Ultra High Access" means I am available to you by phone, e-mail, or office consultation. You can email me anytime for non-emergency issues.

* *   "I'm as close as your smart phone"   * *

As my patient, I expect you to make a serious commitment to your care as well. You should try to maintain proper weight with a healthy diet, avoid cigarette smoking, and try to reduce stress. FCI has 2 full-time clinical psychologists available for consultation to discuss stress reduction and coping skills for anxiety and depression commonly seen with infertility.

In addition to my commitment to you, my staff (nurses, ultrasound techs, lab techs, and receptionists) will show you the same respect and compassion. We expect the same in return.

I promise to give you the utmost care during your "fertility journey" with me.  As my patient, I want to fulfill your dream to become a parent.   Many of my patients are referred to me by 'word of mouth' from physicians and patients like you.  I get tremendous satisfaction from what I do and my reputation is my most valuable asset. "What I do every day makes a difference in people's lives."   I take that responsibility very seriously. You are not alone in this journey.

Website:        www.IVFChicago

Email:            LaurenceJacobs@IVFChicago.com

Twitter:          http://twitter.com/MDInfertility

Facebook:     http://www.facebook.com/TheInfertilityDoctor.LaurenceJacobs

Dr. Jacobs' Care Philosophy

Dr. Jacobs says...

Sincerely,

Laurence A. Jacobs,  M.D.