Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD

13 Reviews
Dr. Turnbow

Gulf Coast Mental Health Services, P.C., Fairhope, AL. 36532

22787 US Highway 98 Ste D7 Fairhope, AL 36532

Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Fairhope, AL. She graduated from University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences and specializes in psychiatry.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Turnbow accepts

Dr. Turnbow accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Federal Employee Program
Health Net
Prime
Standard
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check Dr. Turnbow's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Turnbow's Top Procedures and Conditions

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Turnbow treats Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) more than 72% of her peers

Dr. Turnbow treats this condition more than 72% of her peers

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Turnbow's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Turnbow

3.1

Dr. Turnbow?
Dr. Turnbow's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD
Couldn't get anybody to answer the phone to verify appt. I decided to go by her office when shes supposed to be open. Nobody is there. I would not recommend this doctor. She was a total waste of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
Saw Dr Turnbow for a while, secretary is very unfriendly, but back to the doctor... she isn't reliable in her appt times. I have on multiple occasions showed up on time for her not to even be there. Had to have appt rescheduled for it to happen again. There would always be a reason; she over slept, was sick, forgot, etc. She treated me well, when I did get to see her, but if you had objections against the medications that she suggested (side effects or bad experience) she would give up on it
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
Dr. Turnbow takes time to treat my needs and genuinely cares about me. She is kind and empathetic and assures that I always feel welcome. Her receptionist Katherine, is very sweet and puts me at ease; always answering my calls and messages.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
My son has been seeing doctor Turnbow for over a year now, we love her he is very withdrawn and she is so patient with him. The office is small but friendly love coming in and hearing christian music why we wait ( I find myself singing a lot.) Miss Rachel has always been very nice when we come in, I always get a call from her a day before our appointment. We have never had any problems with change in meds and they always answer my questions I have about the medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
I LOVE Dr. Turnbow and her staff. She takes time to treat me and genuinely cares about me. She may not always be on time but she will take all the time you need when you are with her. Her office staff are kind and caring and take time to wait on me and make me feel welcomed to be there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
Dr. Turnbow is extremely caring, professional and helpful. Staff is friendly. Ambiance is welcoming and comforting. I highly recommend Dr. Turnbow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
I feel very guilty about looking for a new doctor because Dr. Turnbow is so sweet and caring. Unfortunately, everything on the other side of her door is unacceptable. Waiting time of at least an hour every time, waiting room the size of a large closet (you literally have to shift in your wicker patio chair to make room for someone going through the door), nonstop gospel and worship music playing on the boom box, and the customer service of a fast food restaurant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
Dr. Turnbow is a wonderful doctor and I absolutely love her. She goes above and beyond to take care of her patients, but she needs to fire the lady in her front office named Rachel. She is ruining Dr. Turnbow's wonderful reputation of caring for her patients and her personality is AWFUL for an office personnel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Turnbow for several months - I absolutely adore her and want to continue going to see her. However, I CAN NOT STAND the woman (Rachel) that is her "receptionist" at the mini desk in the dwarf room. She is the most unprofessional, rude, and unpleasant person I have ever had to deal with at a doctor's office. I have left a message for Dr. Turnbow to call me - if she does not, I will need to switch doctors, b/c I ABSOLUTELY refuse to have any communication with Rachel !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?
turnbow perscribed medication that caused kidney problems, would not return calls about the medication so quit taking perscribed medication & canceled next appointment. have been getting billed for a year now for missed appointment @ $75.00 & now almost a year later billing us for an amount insurance did not cover. called insurance & they said that they asked service provider for a more detailed description of services provided, to no avail. will contact ethics commission now. steer clear
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Turnbow, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Turnbow?

• Psychiatry