Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD

Breast Surgery ·  Female · Age 67

Dr. Cassell

Lauren S. Cassell, M.D.

114A E 78th St New York, NY 10075

Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD is a breast surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 37 years. She graduated from New York Medical College in 1977 and specializes in breast surgery.

Dr. Cassell accepts

Dr. Cassell performs Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision more than 5% of her peers

Mastectomy

Dr. Cassell performs Mastectomy more than 5% of her peers

Dr. Cassell performs this procedure more than 5% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Partial Mastectomy

• Breast Lump
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Genetic Screening for Breast Cancer
  • Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cassell

Dr. Cassell?
Dr. Cassell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD
I have been a patient of Dr. Cassell's for 20 years. She is a consummate professional and probably one of the best patient advocates in practice. I consider her one of just a few guardian angels when it comes to my health. Her office staff is also warm and compassionate. When I made my first appointment two decades ago, I could tell by the way the staff communicated on the phone that I was going to be in the best hands and I have never changed my mind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Lauren Cassell is the ideal to which all physicians should aspire: a great scientist wrapped in a caring human being. She leads her patients through an often harrowing journey with hope, grace and immeasurable knowledge; all applied with every ounce of her being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Cassell listens to all questions and concerns until you fully understand your situation and you feel confident in her response.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr.Cassell is amazing! My first visit my husband and I had with Dr.Cassell we knew I would be ok. Dr. Cassell was honest, realistic, smart, compassionate and warm. I can keep going on and on how impressed we were with Dr.Cassell. There is no better doctor, she is the Best!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Cassell performed a lumpectomy on my right breast. She was reassuring and professional at the same time. I have no scar. Her follow-up to the surgery has been excellent . She is very warm and personal. She makes you feel that you and the outcome of the surgery are very important to her. Rarely does she refer to her notes in your presence but she remembers everything about your last visit which is astonishing given how busy she is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I have recommended her to several people already. She is knowledgable, professional, warm and very understanding. I started seeing her for an annual check up years before I was ever diagnosed with breast cancer, and when I ultimately was, I felt I was in the best possible hands, with the best possible surgeon. I wouldn't go to anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr Cassell was highly recommended by a colleague. I consulted with Dr Cassell about a bilateral mastectomy, and chose Dr Cassell because, from the moment I met her, I was impressed. Aside from easy to talk to and extremely empathetic, Dr Cassell showed true passion for her practice/patients and was very knowledgeable about the surgery. Dr Cassell was, of course, professional, respectful, and thorough; but her kindness and compassion are what set's her apart. She is truly an amazing physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Lauren Cassell has seen me for the past 7 years and I have been given the best care and advise. Not only she is a leader in the field of general surgery and breast cancer but she brings a level of confidence to her patients that relieves anxiety. Dr. Cassell is up on all new procedures , cures and research. She checks her patients throughout the year and is extremely thorough in her exams and report readings. I wouldn't see anyone else. The office staff is accommodating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr cassel for many years I wouldn't hesitate recommending Dr Cassel to family and friends 10years ago I was diagnosed with stage one cancer of the breast fortunately I responded well to treatment and Dr Cassel has monitored me closely since the diagnosis and recovery, I'm for ever grateful for her compassion and kindness
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Cassell is a wonderful, thorough, engaging doctor. I've been seeing her since my first mammogram ten years ago. And she did surgery on me about five years ago. As far as the latter, her work was amazing. My scar is barely noticeable. I live out on the east end of Long Island now. And I still travel into the city to see her. Because I trust her. She's been there since my first miniscule dot of worry and while it may be annoying to do follow ups, she's looking out for me. You want that!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Cassell has been my physician for the past 64 years. She is a wonderful person and physician. She is thorough, professional and personable. I have a strong history of this devastating cancer in my family, yet I feel very confident in being under Dr. Cassell's care. She takes time with each of her patients. I would strongly recommend Dr. Cassell to my friends and family members
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
This week I celebrate 11 years since Dr. Cassell successfully operated on me. I am forever grateful to her for her expertise, compassion and ongoing care and concern. She is a special caregiver who stands out among doctors in her field. I look forward to my visits with Doctor Cassell, and I value all that she is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr. Cassell is a wonderful doctor. She is warm, caring, decisive and I respect her completely. I find her demeanor very calming especially since a cancer diagnosis can be most alarming. Her entire staff is delightful, and I would recommend her to others in a heartbeat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I had breast cancer 12 years ago And from my first visit with Dr Cassell I knew I would be ok The surgery went very well I had minimal pain and no complications She is always available to answer questions I f you are unfortunate enough to need a breast surgeon I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Cassell I now can enjoy my life free from cancer or worry knowing this wonderful doctor is there for me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I have known Dr. Lauren Cassell for the past several years. She is always very professional, respectful, informative to each person's case as well as genuine person. You can literally sit down with her and discuss with peace in mind your concerns. I especially like " She always take the time out of her busy schedule to listen to what her patient's concerns are" as well as getting back to them with her personal phone call. Understandly, acknowledgement of this importance on the patient end .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
Dr Cassell has always given me and the other patients I know-many years of expertise as well as loving care, kindness and compassion. Her superior bedside manner creates confidence and she gives her patients strength to get through any challenge. She has devoted her life to her patients and I feel privileged to know her and have her as my Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cassell for many years. She was recommended by my breast surgeon who, upon retirement, took the steps required to ensure that his patiants were left in the best possible hands. Dr. Cassell exceeded my expectations. She is an exceedingly professional, highly skilled surgeon who is also thorough, kind and considerate. Because of this, when my sister was facing a possible problem, I took her to Dr. Cassell.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I have had many experiences with Dr. Cassell. She has been warm, caring and honest. I value her opinions and feel very comfortable in her care. Not only is she remarkably knowledgeable in her field, but she relays all of the information in a way that is easily understood by her patients. I am thankful to have her as one of my physicians.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
I have been a longstanding patient of Dr. Cassell's. I have tremendous amount of trust in Dr. Cassell and hold her in the highest regard. She has always talked to me calmly, while methodically explaining the medical treatments and/or medications. Just as importantly, Dr. Cassell has never rushed me, always giving me the time to ask questions and fully digest the information. Her supportive staff is just as caring and extremely efficient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lauren Cassell, MD?
There are not enough words in the English language to describe how absolutely wonderful Dr. Cassell is. Aside from being the best breast surgeon, she is warm, caring, considerate and walks with you thru the diagnosis, surgery, recovery with the kindness that just isn't seen by most/all surgeons. I heard the most awful news from Dr. Cassell almost 6 years ago. but when she looked me in the eye and said, "I got this", I believed her. And she meant it! Amazing woman and the best doctor!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cassell?