Dr. Lauren S. Cassell, MD

Dr. Lauren S. Cassell, MD

General Surgery | Female

Lauren S. Cassell, M.D. 114A E 78th St, New York, NY 10075 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Cassell specializes in General Surgery and practices in New York, NY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Cassell? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Cassell's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Cassell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cassell

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cassell has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Cassell's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cassell to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Cassell
Dr. Cassell's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (40)
in New York, NY |
She is a true specialist and she helps you stay calm and feel taken care of all the time.
in New York, NY |
Dr Cassell takes an inordinate amount of time to make sure her patients' needs are addressed. Her staff go over and beyond to make patients feel relaxed and taken care of.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Cassell has a very kind manner and expresses genuine interest in patient concerns or simple inquiries. She listens attentively and responds with clarity to all of my questions. Dr. Cassell provides appropriate time for a thorough examination and provides an opportunity for follow up thoughts. I highly recommend Dr. Lauren Cassell to all of my friends and acquaintances.
New Canaan, CT |
I was recommended to Dr. Cassell by another doctor. Dr. Cassell is an excellent surgeon and her intelligence and compassion are evident at every checkup twice a year. I trust her completely and would never go to anyone else.
in Secaucus, NJ |
Dr. Lauren Cassell was highly recommended to me by a close friend when I received the dreaded news that I had breast cancer. She performed a lumpectomy in August 2007. The surgery went very smoothly without any complications. She did a beautiful job leaving my breast look the way it did before surgery with just a small scar. I went to a seminar the day after surgery. The rest is history. I find her highly competent and compassionate. Her office is a pleasure to work with.
Hackensack, NJ |
Dr Cassell is an extremely smart doctor. She is able to diagnose and treat breast issues that others would find difficult. She is caring and compassionate. She is professional and a pleasure to deal with. I have been her patient for over 20 years and have recommended many people including family members who were all beyond satisfied with the care. She is well worth any time spent waiting because she gives each and every patient her undivided care and attention. You will be in the best of hands
in Westwood, NJ |
I always felt that Dr Cassell listened to my concerns and was extremely compassionate. She gives her patients confidence that they are receiving the best care, and speaks in a very straight forward way. This is the kind of doctor we all want when faced with cancer. She truly cares about her patients. I consider myself very lucky to have already known her when I received my diagnosis. I never considered looking further. I just picked up the phone and said, Hi Penny.....
in Madison, NJ |
I can’t possibly say enough about the extraordinary care I have received from Dr. Cassell. In 2007, she discovered a malignant lump in my breast that was not detectable to either a mammogram or a sonogram. The surgery itself was so skillfully done that there is no scar. Her office staff was exceedingly thorough and helpful in guiding me through the tests, the surgery, the treatments and made a very difficult time a whole lot easier. I am forever grateful.
in Brooklyn, NY |
When you're out in the storm, Dr. Cassell settles the sea waters. She is old-school intelligent, highly skilled, warm and real!!! When everyone else wants to over-react, Dr. Cassell will simply act! See Dr. Cassell under any circumstance, but especially if other surgeons have made you feel less comfortable with your diagnosis than you deserve to be! Further, Pennie & Elvira are sensitive and patient with all patients, young and old, new and continuing. 5 stars for every aspect of this practice.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Prior to finding Dr. Cassell, I had a terrible experience with a different breast surgeon from a major NYC medical center. When I needed to have another suspicious lump removed, I asked my radiologist to send me to the absolute best breast surgeon. I will be forever grateful she directed me to Dr. Cassell. Dr Cassell is the embodiment of the highest level of professionalism, knowledge, skill, care and compassion. It gives me enormous peace of mind to know I am in her care.
in New York, NY |
Dr Cassell has been my Dr for over 20 years. She is a brilliant surgeon and diagnostician. She is warm and compassionate and takes a lot of time with you.
New York |
As a patient with scares of breast cancer, and actually having breast cancer, I was vulnerable and frightened. I looked to Dr. Cassell for guidance and facts. Most important to me is to have a doctor who is competent, honest, direct, serious, realistic and smart. Dr. Cassell is all of those. As a bonus, she is kind, compassionate and warm. She is very highly regarded by the other doctors I had to see as a breast cancer patient. I trusted her with my life, and will continue to do so.
in Middle Village, NY |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year and a half ago. Dr Cassell was the only specialist that I went to see and trusted tremendously to perform a double mastectomy. She left no stone unturned and made a horrible time in my life turn into a positive one. She is caring sensitive and will always go the extra mile to explain and answer EVERY question. I highly recommend Dr. Cassell !
in Old Tappan, NJ |
Dr. Cassell is an exceptional physician providing the highest level of care and compassion to her patients. I have been a patient for more than 25 years and have entrusted my breast health to her with confidence. There is no better doctor, for sure!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Cassell for 18 years and am so happy to have been referred to her. She explained and guided me through all surgical choices, yet allowed me to make my own decisions. Pre and post surgery she was always available for me. When I had a recurrence, which she picked up during an examination, there was no delay in arranging for immediate tests and biopsy, followed by surgery. Penny and Elvira, her office team, have always been excellent and helpful at all times.
in New Paltz NY |
Dr. Cassell is amazing. She has been my physician for many, many years and helped me make very difficult decisions regarding my health and I totally trust her. I am always impressed with how kind and patient she is and I was very happy with the results of my surgery.
in Gansevoort, NY |
I absolutely adore Dr. Cassell. Not only is she a superior breast surgeon, but she is incredibly gifted at soothing the anxious patient. She is honest and direct, respectful and kind. I felt so relieved to be able to trust in her to perform such important surgeries. She does her best to hide scars, never making unnecessary incisions and always considering cosmetic appearance. I credit her largely with getting me to my 5 year mark! She is top notch. HIGHLY recommend!
in New York, NY |
Dr Cassell is a very fine surgeon and physician. She is attentive,caring and very knowledgable I have been her patient for many years and would not consider going elsewhere. She also has an excellent staff.
in New York, NY |
One of the best doctors i have ever seen. i've been a patient for 21 years. Dr. Cassell is both professional and friendly. She always makes me more secure about my health. Her staff are all very professional and friendly as well. i could not recommend a doctor more highly.
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cassell for nearly 20 years. She is a caring and fierce advocate for all of her patients. Her network of associated doctors is also top-notch. I trust her implicitly.
in New York, NY |
Wonderful staff. Dr. Cassell is thorough, patient, explains everything and has saved my life.
in Larchmont, NY |
I have been seeing Dr Cassell for about 6 years....She is highly professional, thoughtful and caring....She spends much time with me on each visit and performs a thorough examination...I.. truly trust her medical expertise
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cassell's for the last 15 years. From the moment I met her, she had a calm but professional way of dealing with the situation. I knew I was in good hands. I also appreciate her warm and welcoming manner.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cassell's for 14 years. She expresses such genuine interest during your visit that has remained consistent over these years. You do not feel like a number, you are treated with respect, sensitivity, and as an individual. I am so grateful to have been recommended to be under her care!
New York, NY |
Dr. Cassell is professional, friendly And genuinely interested in my care as well as knowing me personally. She takes time to talk with me about what's going on with me and my family. I know that I am getting the vey best care with her. I also commend her office staff for their friendliness and professionalism. I would never consider another doctor for my healthcare. I have already recommended Dr Cassell to others
Very knowledgeable and personable. Look forward to seeing her at my follow ups twice a year
in Staten Island, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cassell for 13+ years. It's been 6 years since my prophylactic bi-lateral mastectomy, which BTW, is a work of art. I look and feel wonderful; all thanks to the skill of Dr. Cassell, a stellar surgeon. She is THE most amazing person I have ever met and to call her my doctor is beyond a privilege. Penny & Elvira, her staff, are professional, accommodating and lovely.
Pelham, NY |
Dr. Cassell was one of several doctors recommended to me by friends and acquaintances. My first meeting with her made it clear that she would be my choice. She took all the time that was necessary to answer my questions (which were numerous), and in addition was warm and very human. She clearly had a lot of experience and brought it to bear on our conversation. As I would learn in eight years of follow-up care, she and her entire office are committed to this high standard of care.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Cassell is not only at the top of her field, she is energetic, interested, She works closely with a team of Drs who are equally excellent. She was direct and efficient in recommending my course of treatment when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I never felt I was under anything but the best of care, and her office team is professional but take the time to know who you are, personally. The result is I have one of the best outcomes, both in health and appearance, of anyone else I know.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Cassell for 21 years. She performed a lumpectomy on me 13 years ago, then when the cancer returned, performed my double mastectomy. Dr. Cassell is probably the most caring, compassionate doctor that I have. She takes the time to listen to her patient and address any/all concerns they might have. She has saved my life twice. Her office staff, Penny & Elvira, are wonderful also and very accommodating. I love Dr. Cassell and would highly recommend her.
in Union City, NJ |
She's the best of the best! I met Dr. Cassell at a friend's urging to obtain a second opinion. Despite the scary diagnosis, I felt like I was talking to an old friend when discussing treatment options with Dr. Cassell. She provided top notch care and advice, has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met, and her staff (Penny and Elvira) always goes above and beyond. I am extremely grateful to have crossed paths with Dr. Cassell.
in River Vale, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Cassell for over 15 years. She is thorough, professional, knowledgeable, caring. She takes her time to answer all questions and explains medical information in a way that is understandable to the patient. I trust and respect Dr. Cassell and highly recommend her to family and friends.
in White Plains, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Cassell annually for breast check-ups because, due to a prior uterine cancer, I am considered to be at a higher than typical risk for breast cancer. Dr. Cassell takes care to examine me thoroughly, explain things in clear detail, and make sure that I'm comfortable with the examination and that I understand all the information. In addition to her excellent reputation for medical knowledge and surgical skill, her manner with patients makes a visit to her office a pleasure.
in New York, NY |
I became a patient of Dr. Cassell's over 30 years ago when I was referred having found a suspicious breast lump. Her compassion, clarity, commitment and expertise was extremely comforting and she performed a simple surgery. It was a terrifying experience with a lucky, positive outcome. I am grateful to Dr. Cassell for her unwavering support over all these years and I am proud that the young physician who helped me long ago has become such a prominent member of the medical community.
Have you seen Dr. Lauren S. Cassell, MD?
Are you Dr. Cassell?

• Biopsy of Breast
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Genetic Screening for Breast Cancer
  • Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy
  • Oncoplastic Surgery
  • Partial Mastectomy
  • Sentinel Node Biopsy
  • Skin-Sparing Mastectomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

New York Medical College

Graduated in 1977

Lenox Hill Hospital

Completed in 1978

Lenox Hill Hospital

Completed in 1982

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Cassell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cassell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cassell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Cassell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Cassell

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Cassell's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Cassell

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients