Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD

Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Denver, CO and has been practicing for 15 years. She specializes in gastroenterology.

Denver Digestive Health Specialists

4500 E 9th Ave Ste 720S

Denver, CO 80220

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthPartners

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Wolfe's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

2.4

Dr. Wolfe?
Dr. Wolfe's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD
After reading some of these reviews I was abit reluctant and skepical about seeing Dr. Wolfe. However, my experience with her, across the board, was exemplary. She greeted me in the waiting room and then demonstrated focused caring, asked appropriate questions, and gave undersatndable and full explanations with a friendly, knowledgeable and professional attitude. Her physical exam was kind and professional. At the end of the appointmnet, she walked me to the scheduling desk and shook my hand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
My biggest issue with this practice is their lack of disclosure of pricing. They need to adjust with the system that is in place where the patient bears most of the financial responsibility with high deductibles. I don't buy anything without an advance price. There are plenty of providers that don't accept insurance that are transparent in their pricing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Not an office visit. She saw me in the hospital.Her initial diagnosis of colon cancer turned out to be incorrect after review of biopsy results. This left me in state of panic and depression through the Thanksgiving holiday. Her manner was rude, curt, and insensitive. The rating really should be zero stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe saved my life. She caught my rectal cancer after I had to nearly beg for a colonoscopy. She was surprised to say the least since I am only 46. However, we owe some money to them. I have an issue I need to get checked out due to my history of rectal cancer. I payed our outstanding bill except for 300 bucks. They refuse to see me and will not allow me to have an appointment. I have had cancer 2 times in the last two years. How can any doc hold a patients health hostage?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
We had to walk out she was so rude. I would not recommend anyone see this lady.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe provided the appropriate medication for me. I wish I had found her decades ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
I normally work with another doctor in this practice. However, Dr. Wolfe responded to an after hours call as the on call physician.. She was very rude, curt and disinterested. Her bed side manner was terrible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe decided I have IBS without doing any sort of test or even thoroughly listening to my symptoms. Turns out I have endocremtriosis which can be mistaken for IBS. If she had actually cared enough to do any sort of testing, she might have seen that. But I guess her laziness got in the way, as she seemed to want to appointment done quick. I was even billed for a no show to an appointment I never even made. If you want to see a doctor who cares and will do thorough diagnosis, avoid Dr Wolfe
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe wouldn't let me finish telling my symptoms before telling me I was just assuming my pain. Although she did order an ultrasound, she sent me home telling me I had pulled a muscle, disregarding my symptoms and continued pain. I asked her to check my gallbladder which she refused to do, telling me I didn't even know where my gallbladder is located. After going to another doctor, getting a hida scan, finding the source of my pain, I am getting my gallbladder removed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Terrible experience with Dr. Wolfe. It was my first time seeing her and I was 5 minutes late, and she greeted me with "I have 10 minutes". While I was explaining my stomach issues she was laughing - never in my life have I seen such unprofessionalism by a doctor. She barely listened to me, was rude, and then prescribed me medication without even hearing the full story of what was going on with me. Horrible experience. I will never go back - don't waste your time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
I am so glad I picked Dr. Wolf as she and her entire staff are truly amazing! I highly recommend, if sadly, you need to see a gastroenterologist? that you call her office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolf was thorough in her diagnostic process and devoted considerable time to an explanation of treatment options. She is not only competent but listens carefully and treats the patient respectfully. Her care was excellent both in the office and post-op.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe was wonderful! She suggested 3 choices I could try, but we both agreed it best to start with the easiest. Not only did it help, I'm feeling great and there is no need to go on to the next 2 alternatives. I found Dr. Wolfe to be an excellent listener and she gave me as much time as I needed. She also thoroughly answered all of my questions. I would recommend her without any hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
She is very incompetent. She could not identify a hernia that my surgeon identified upon sight. She often did not listen to me, in a way that was obvious and rude and led to further suffering and pain. She lied to me that she did not treat a condition until pressed and then again blew me off. None of my previous health history was ever consulted and therefore several disorders went untreated. I took her abrupt personality for honesty, when it is actually selfish arrogance. Worst Gastro Ever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
She did not believe it when I said gluten free helped me with my IBS symptoms when current studies show people with stomach disorders experience much relief after going gluten free. Someone from her office called me to go over results and since they found blood told me to follow up with my PCP which I did. My PCP was angry stating she did not send her my test results and never mentioned the blood in her report. She also wrote in her note she recommended a colposcopy yet did not tell me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe was very experienced. She took the time to get a very thorough history and spent enough time to explain the procedure and the results. However the staff gave me incorrect pre-op instructions which resulted in wasted money and an agonizing sleepless night that turned out not to be completely unnecessary. Then they made it feel like it was my fault for not questioning the three pages of instructions I was given. The worst part is all the time lost that I can never get back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr Wolfe is virtually unavailable. I would consider her negligent. She does not follow up or return calls. She is too busy and doesn't have time to finish what she starts. Very disappointing!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe was very prompt and personable. She thinks quickly and critically. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist in the local area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Wolfe, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wolfe?

Insurance accepted

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
HealthPartners
Medicaid

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wolfe treats patients.

Compare Providers