Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Walnut Creek, CA. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read her story

Laura A. Timmerman, M.D. - Orthopedic Surgery, Arthroscopy, and Sports Medicine

230 N Wiget Ln

Walnut Creek, CA 94598

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Medicare
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Timmerman

See how frequently Dr. Timmerman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Knee Dislocation

Dr. Timmerman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Timmerman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Timmerman "Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is one of the best ranked doctors in the United States. She specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and currently sees patients in Walnut creek, California. Dr. Timmerman received a medical degree from UC Davis School Of Medicine and is licensed to treat patients in California. Based on her credentials, experience and network, Dr. Timmerman has been rated among the top 5% of all doctors in the United States and has authored 41 publications. In addition, Dr. Timmerman has been found during an automated background check to be clear of any malpractice history and holds one or more active medical licenses. "

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Timmerman Dr. Timmerman worked on athletes at UC Berkeley when I was a student athletic trainer back in the late 90's. I saw the work she did on athletes there and when it was time for me to have an orthopedic repair, I knew who to look for right away. I have felt well cared for by Dr. Timmerman and her office staff every step of the way through both of my surgical experiences. Dr. Timmerman and her team understand insurance, workers compensation and great medicine. As a professional firefighter I rely on my physical mobility and strength for everything I do. I truly appreciate the quality of service provided to me by Dr. T and her team!

Dr Laura listened to my concerns, diagnosed my issues and provided immediate solutions. I had been seen by another orthopedist for a year, who not only did not provide relief for my arm, but had horrible bedside manner. Dr Laura performed surgery on my elbow, which has healed beautifully. She was available at any time after surgery for my calls and answered any questions I continue to have. She also provided excellent recommendations for other doctors I needed. Love Dr. Timmerman and Highly recommend her!

From the moment you walk in the door, the staff is efficient and welcoming. Dr. Timmerman respects your time. She is always prompt with her appointment times. She takes her time with you in the appointment. I never feel rushed. She listens to all my concerns, answers all questions and comes up with a plan I am comfortable with. My surgery was a breeze and the follow up appointment were like the others. I can not say enough wonderful things about her!

• Sports Medicine

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Arthroscopic Surgery
  • Articular Cartilage Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of California At Berkeley
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Uc Davis Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Uc Davis Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • American Sports Med Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Timmerman has no media or publications listed.

• Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association, Member
  • American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member
  • American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Member
  • American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society, Member
  • Arthroscopy Association of North America, Member
  • California Medical Association, Member
  • California Orthopaedic Association, Member
  • Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery University of California Davis School of Med, Associate Professor
  • Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery University of California Davis School of Med, Assistant Professor
  • Paul R. Lipscomb Society, Member
  • The Forum, Member

Dr. Timmerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Timmerman to family and friends
Dr. Timmerman's Performance
I went to see Dr. Timmerman after seeing another orthopedist to get a proper diagnosis of my shoulder condition. Dr. Timmerman did a thorough exam and immediately identified my shoulder problem as frozen shoulder. She was able to give me a cortisone injection in the right place by using an ultrasound at the appointment. In just a few days my mobility improved and I started physical therapy after 10 days of the injection. I am back to my normal activities and pain free thanks to Dr. Timmerman.
I had a shoulder issue from when I was a baby, I had several diagnosis regarding the injury all of which were incorrect. I came to Dr. Timmerman based on her reviews. She had me do the proper test to get a diagnosis of the injury and completed a procedure.I have since gained almost full mobility back and have been building up my strength again. She was great throughout the entire process and I would def. recommend her.
The whole staff is the best you could ask for!!!
I cannot express my appreciation to to Dr. Timmerman and her entire staff for my repair and post surgery follow-ups. This is one great surgeon and an amazing staff that treats you with a smile every time you have an office visit. If you need a surgeon this is the place to go!
I was told that i needed a shoulder replacement in my home town. One of our friends in Redding recommended Dr. Timmerman in Walnut Creek so we made and appt. She told me she could put it back together and she did. It has been 3 1/2 months since the operation and I am doing GREAT! My full range of motion is back and I look forward to doing normal things again.
I can not begin to tell you how awesome Dr. Timmerman is! Dr Timmerman was very clear on my elbow diagnosis, explained the procedure and my kind of gal "no nonsense". I am so pleased with the work she did for me I almost wish I had other body repairs needed. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and already have done so.
I had previously seen two other doctors over a period of 6 months to try to alleviate my knee pain. I was within a month of having surgery with the first Dr and decided to get a 2nd opinion. The 2nd Dr. treated me with a steroid shot and sent me home. I was in severe pain and used a cane. A friend recommended Dr. Timmerman. In my first appt. I got my first shot of Orthovisc and literally skipped out! Dr. Timmerman is fabulous and a miracle maker! Thank you!!
The MRI was showing one thing bit when she went in and found it to be so much worse. I had heard about her extensive experience with pro athletes and was not disappointed! I'm three months out and have full range of motion and am in the gym now! Incredible
Dr. Timmerman was attentive, explained the process very well and was able put me at ease. Best bedside manner ever! I am very pleased with the outcome of the surgery and almost no scar to be seen!
After crashing my mountain bike this summer my rotator cuff was toast. Weighing my options and researching the options I went with Dr. Timmerman. She did a great job and the shoulder is 100% again. Great job!
Very professional, with great results to my knee. Within two weeks I was back on my bike Thank you
excellent experience
I went from constant pain to pain free after Dr. Timmerman operated on my shoulder. The follow up care and directions have strengthened my shoulder to almost a hundred percent mobility. Unbelievable.
This whole experience is the best example of GREATNESS.
cant give this doctor and her staff enough acolades!!
She was always positive with her feedback and always confident.
Dr. Timmerman performed a meniscus tear surgery for me in 2012 and the results were outstanding. When I injured my knee again this year, I immediately reached out to her office for diagnosis and treatment. The team worked to fit me into their busy schedule in order to accommodate some upcoming travel plans I had. Everything from the precision and quality of medical procedures and care the the professional, people-first culture in the office, it's clear that not only is Dr...
Dr Timmerman treated me for a Frozen Shoulder. She knew exactly what I needed for a quick and painless recovery. So effective!
She walks into the room and sits down like she ready to spend the afternoon chatting with you. It's so refreshing.
Went in for a suspected torn rotator cuff. After x-rays and an MRI, surgery was promptly scheduled, with the option of non-surgical treatment given first. The surgery went smoothly - Dr Timmerman did an excellent job and her staff followed up the next day to make sure there were no complications.
Excellent staff. Dr. Timmerman is direct and to the point with diagnostics/recovery advice. Dr. Timmerman's PA Gaye Derusso is very knowledgable and friendly as well.
great experience. i am very grateful for Dr. Timmerman. she knew exactly my problem and fixed it.
excellant
I had two separate issues with my elbow. A muscle that was torn loose and a nerve impingement. Dr Timmerman had to perform surgery just above two different nerves, so the care of incision so that it did not scar excessively and further aggravate the nerves was crucial. She did a great job with both and I am pain free and gaining strength every day. I highly recommend her!!! I drove an hour to see her and it was worth it.
Working with Dr. Timmerman and her staff was a wonderful experience. She accurately diagnosed and repaired my elbow. Four months post surgery I am fully healed. Dr. Timmerman has a great bed side manner - she is warm and is willing to spend the time to answer all your questions pre and post surgery. The added bonus is that her front office staff and nurses are the best I have ever encountered.
Dr.Timmerman is the most caring doctor i've ever had to deal with she's always willing to listen to my feed back as an patient
Very good team that works together. Office staff is polite and responsive. Dr. Timmerman is prompt and efficient. No problems with the rehab. I have been very happy with the results. Highly recommended.
I got a diagnoses right away and Dr. Timmerman gave me options. She laid out her plan and I was able to speak with her and her staff to understand and feel comfortable with the whole process. The surgery schedule was flexible and easily worked into my schedule.
Laura is fantastic. She was confident in her diagnosis after I had two other ortho surgeons hesitate to make the call for surgery. Procedure was speedy and surgery experience was as good as it gets. Recovery and followups were very pleasant and progress was measured and articulated so that I was always aware of next steps to get better. Recommended physical therapy was also A+.
My 16 year old son was seen by Dr, Timmerman, who was absolutely amazing. She and her staff were very professional, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Timmerman was very patient with my son and explained my son's diagnosis to him in way that he easily understood what she said. I have recommended Dr. Timmerman to several of my friends who have had the same experience.
After seeing several doctors and never getting any answers, I found Dr. Timmerman. She promptly diagnosed my problem and told me how she could surgically fix my issue. I am now past surgery and in recovery, and so thankful that I am no longer in pain. I have recommended her to many family members and friends who are all just as thrilled with her talents as I am! A thousand thanks to Dr. Timmerman and her kind helpful staff.
I had a fabulous experience! She was friendly but very professional. She really listened to my concerns. The surgery made a big difference in my quality of life.
Professional, compassionate,an active listener with all of her patients,extremely intelligent
Dr. Timmerman is an excellent surgeon. She knew immediately that I had an ACL tear even before we had the MRI to confirm. Surgery went as planned and there were no complications. She is well-practiced in repairing this injury, performing several ACL surgeries a week. Her bedside manner is quick and to the point, not super empathetic but she knows her stuff. The anesthesiologist was excellent and explained everything to me in regards to the medications during surgery. The ...
Good.
I feel Dr Timmerman is the best Dr in the East Bay.
Doctor Timmerman was exceptionally professional throughout my treatment.
I had a badly damaged elbow with multiple tears including ligaments and nerve damage. Dr. Timmerman skillfully put my elbow back together and through the course of several surgeries gave me both motion and strength back to my right arm. I couldn't be more pleased.
After complications from 2 Patella Tendon surgeries, I went to Dr Timmerman and she fixed it without any other issues. She saw me quickly, expedited my MRI and scheduled my surgery within several days. The surgery and post operative recovery went smooth. Almost 3 months later, she just told me to go play golf, hike and ride my bike again! Dr Timmerman is a five star doctor!
Dr. Timmerman worked on athletes at UC Berkeley when I was a student athletic trainer back in the late 90's. I saw the work she did on athletes there and when it was time for me to have an orthopedic repair, I knew who to look for right away. I have felt well cared for by Dr. Timmerman and her office staff every step of the way through both of my surgical experiences. Dr. Timmerman and her team understand insurance, workers compensation and great medicine. As a professio...
I had to wait half hour to be seen, but it was worth the wait. I had extreme shoulder pain and had seen 1 other physician without relief. I have had pain for 6 months and nothing seemed to be helping, it was just getting worse. Dr. Timmerman diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder, she gave me a cortisone injection and I was better within 10 minutes. She explained that it would take time to regain my motion and helped me to get set up with a good therapist. I have a follow up...
Have you seen Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?

Visit Dr. Timmerman