Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD

52 reviews

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Premera Blue Cross

Patient Testimonials

I had to wait half hour to be seen, but it was worth the wait. I had extreme shoulder pain and had seen 1 other physician without relief. I have had pain for 6 months and nothing seemed to be helping, it was just getting worse. Dr. Timmerman diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder, she gave me a cortisone injection and I was better within 10 minutes. She explained that it would take time to regain my motion and helped me to get set up with a good therapist. I have a follow up appointment to see her if I am not improving, but I am so far very happy with my results. I would highly recommend her.

Dr. Timmerman worked on athletes at UC Berkeley when I was a student athletic trainer back in the late 90's. I saw the work she did on athletes there and when it was time for me to have an orthopedic repair, I knew who to look for right away. I have felt well cared for by Dr. Timmerman and her office staff every step of the way through both of my surgical experiences. Dr. Timmerman and her team understand insurance, workers compensation and great medicine. As a professional firefighter I rely on my physical mobility and strength for everything I do. I truly appreciate the quality of service provided to me by Dr. T and her team!

After complications from 2 Patella Tendon surgeries, I went to Dr Timmerman and she fixed it without any other issues. She saw me quickly, expedited my MRI and scheduled my surgery within several days. The surgery and post operative recovery went smooth. Almost 3 months later, she just told me to go play golf, hike and ride my bike again! Dr Timmerman is a five star doctor!

Personal Bio

Dr. Timmerman's Experience

See how Dr. Timmerman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Timmerman

Dr. Timmerman accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Timmerman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Timmerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Timmerman to family and friends
Dr. Timmerman's Performance
The MRI was showing one thing bit when she went in and found it to be so much worse. I had heard about her extensive experience with pro athletes and was not disappointed! I'm three months out and have full range of motion and am in the gym now! Incredible
After crashing my mountain bike this summer my rotator cuff was toast. Weighing my options and researching the options I went with Dr. Timmerman. She did a great job and the shoulder is 100% again. Great job!
excellent experience
This whole experience is the best example of GREATNESS.
She was always positive with her feedback and always confident.
Dr Timmerman treated me for a Frozen Shoulder. She knew exactly what I needed for a quick and painless recovery. So effective!
Went in for a suspected torn rotator cuff. After x-rays and an MRI, surgery was promptly scheduled, with the option of non-surgical treatment given first. The surgery went smoothly - Dr Timmerman did an excellent job and her staff followed up the next day to make sure there were no complications.
great experience. i am very grateful for Dr. Timmerman. she knew exactly my problem and fixed it.
I had two separate issues with my elbow. A muscle that was torn loose and a nerve impingement. Dr Timmerman had to perform surgery just above two different nerves, so the care of incision so that it did not scar excessively and further aggravate the nerves was crucial. She did a great job with both and I am pain free and gaining strength every day. I highly recommend her!!! I drove an hour to see her and it was worth it.
Dr.Timmerman is the most caring doctor i've ever had to deal with she's always willing to listen to my feed back as an patient
I got a diagnoses right away and Dr. Timmerman gave me options. She laid out her plan and I was able to speak with her and her staff to understand and feel comfortable with the whole process. The surgery schedule was flexible and easily worked into my schedule.
My 16 year old son was seen by Dr, Timmerman, who was absolutely amazing. She and her staff were very professional, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Timmerman was very patient with my son and explained my son's diagnosis to him in way that he easily understood what she said. I have recommended Dr. Timmerman to several of my friends who have had the same experience.
I had a fabulous experience! She was friendly but very professional. She really listened to my concerns. The surgery made a big difference in my quality of life.
Professional, compassionate,an active listener with all of her patients,extremely intelligent
Dr. Timmerman is an excellent surgeon. She knew immediately that I had an ACL tear even before we had the MRI to confirm. Surgery went as planned and there were no complications. She is well-practiced in repairing this injury, performing several ACL surgeries a week. Her bedside manner is quick and to the point, not super empathetic but she knows her stuff. The anesthesiologist was excellent and explained everything to me in regards to the medications during surgery. The ...
From the moment you walk in the door, the staff is efficient and welcoming. Dr. Timmerman respects your time. She is always prompt with her appointment times. She takes her time with you in the appointment. I never feel rushed. She listens to all my concerns, answers all questions and comes up with a plan I am comfortable with. My surgery was a breeze and the follow up appointment were like the others. I can not say enough wonderful things about her!
Doctor Timmerman was exceptionally professional throughout my treatment.
Dr. Timmerman was attentive, explained the process very well and was able put me at ease. Best bedside manner ever! I am very pleased with the outcome of the surgery and almost no scar to be seen!
Very professional, with great results to my knee. Within two weeks I was back on my bike Thank you
I went from constant pain to pain free after Dr. Timmerman operated on my shoulder. The follow up care and directions have strengthened my shoulder to almost a hundred percent mobility. Unbelievable.
Dr. Timmerman performed a meniscus tear surgery for me in 2012 and the results were outstanding. When I injured my knee again this year, I immediately reached out to her office for diagnosis and treatment. The team worked to fit me into their busy schedule in order to accommodate some upcoming travel plans I had. Everything from the precision and quality of medical procedures and care the the professional, people-first culture in the office, it's clear that not only is Dr...
She walks into the room and sits down like she ready to spend the afternoon chatting with you. It's so refreshing.
Excellent staff. Dr. Timmerman is direct and to the point with diagnostics/recovery advice. Dr. Timmerman's PA Gaye Derusso is very knowledgable and friendly as well.
excellant
Working with Dr. Timmerman and her staff was a wonderful experience. She accurately diagnosed and repaired my elbow. Four months post surgery I am fully healed. Dr. Timmerman has a great bed side manner - she is warm and is willing to spend the time to answer all your questions pre and post surgery. The added bonus is that her front office staff and nurses are the best I have ever encountered.
Very good team that works together. Office staff is polite and responsive. Dr. Timmerman is prompt and efficient. No problems with the rehab. I have been very happy with the results. Highly recommended.
Laura is fantastic. She was confident in her diagnosis after I had two other ortho surgeons hesitate to make the call for surgery. Procedure was speedy and surgery experience was as good as it gets. Recovery and followups were very pleasant and progress was measured and articulated so that I was always aware of next steps to get better. Recommended physical therapy was also A+.
After seeing several doctors and never getting any answers, I found Dr. Timmerman. She promptly diagnosed my problem and told me how she could surgically fix my issue. I am now past surgery and in recovery, and so thankful that I am no longer in pain. I have recommended her to many family members and friends who are all just as thrilled with her talents as I am! A thousand thanks to Dr. Timmerman and her kind helpful staff.
Good.
Dr Laura listened to my concerns, diagnosed my issues and provided immediate solutions. I had been seen by another orthopedist for a year, who not only did not provide relief for my arm, but had horrible bedside manner. Dr Laura performed surgery on my elbow, which has healed beautifully. She was available at any time after surgery for my calls and answered any questions I continue to have. She also provided excellent recommendations for other doctors I needed. Love Dr. ...
Have you seen Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?

Dr. Timmerman says...

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is one of the best ranked doctors in the United States. She specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and currently sees patients in Walnut creek, California. Dr. Timmerman received a medical degree from UC Davis School Of Medicine and is licensed to treat patients in California. Based on her credentials, experience and network, Dr. Timmerman has been rated among the top 5% of all doctors in the United States and has authored 41 publications. In addition, Dr. Timmerman has been found during an automated background check to be clear of any malpractice history and holds one or more active medical licenses.

PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS

• Ishiyaku-Euro American Scholarship Award - 1986
  • American Medical Women's Association Outstanding Student - 1986
  • Paul R. Lipscomb Award for Excellence in Orthopedics - 1986
  • U.C. Davis Department of Orthopedic Surgery Outstanding Resident - 1991
  • 3-M Basic Science Research Award, American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine - 1993
  • American Association of Medical Council, Professional Development Seminar, Junior Faculty Women in Medicine in Charleston, S. Carolina – 1993

PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH

• Book - Lippincott - Elbow Arthrosopy, in Operative Orthopaedics, 4th Edition - 2014
  • Medical/Scholarly Journal Article - Arthroscopic and Related Surgery - Arthroscopic Microfracture of Chondral Defects of the Knee: A Comparison of 2 Postoperative Treatms. - 2005
  • Medical/Scholarly Journal Article - American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Editor Elbow Instability in Instructional Course Lectures & Sports Medicine - 2005
  • Medical/Scholarly Journal Article - The American Journal of Orthopedics - The Thrower's Shoulder. Part II. A Surgical Discussion -2002
  • Medical/Scholarly Journal Article - The American Journal of Orthopedics - The Thrower's Shoulder - 2002
  • Book - Lippincott - Elbow Arthroscopy, in Operative Orthopaedics, 3rd Edition - 2001
  • Book - Williams & Wilkens - Elbow Injuries, in Textbook of Sports Medicine - 2000
  • Medical/Scholarly Journal Article - The American Journal of Orthopedics - Patellar Tendon ruptures: primary repair without augmentation - 1999
  • Book - Injuries in Baseball - Raven Press - Combined Arthroscopic and Open Approach for Rotator Cuff Repair in Throwing Athletes - 1998
  • Book - Blackwell Science, Inc - Revision of Failed PCL - Revision of Failed Arthroscopic and Ligament Surgery - 1998

OFFICE HOURS

• Elbow, Knee, Shoulder Treatments
  • Ligament Reconstruction
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)* or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
  • MCL Tear
  • Elbow Injuries*
  • Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
  • Elbow Or Upper Arm Arthritis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Meniscal Tear*
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
  • Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Rotator Cuff Tear*
  • Knee Osteoarthritis
  • Patella Dislocation
  • Instability of Knee, Shoulder, and Elbow
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Timmerman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Timmerman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Timmerman's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

University of California At Berkeley

American Sports Med Institute

Completed in 1992

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Timmerman does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Timmerman and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.