Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Walnut Creek, CA and has been practicing for 27 years. She specializes in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.

Laura A. Timmerman, M.D. - Orthopedic Surgery, Arthroscopy, and Sports Medicine

Dr. Timmerman accepts

Dr. Timmerman accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select PPO
Medicare
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Timmerman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Timmerman's Top Procedures and Conditions

Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear

Dr. Timmerman treats Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear more than 95% of her peers

Dr. Timmerman treats this condition more than 95% of her peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Timmerman treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 93% of her peers

Dr. Timmerman treats this condition more than 93% of her peers

• Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spondylosis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is one of the best ranked doctors in the United States. She specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and currently sees patients in Walnut creek, California. Dr. Timmerman received a medical degree from...

Patient Testimonials

"Dr. Timmerman worked on athletes at UC Berkeley when I was a student athletic trainer back in the late 90's. I saw the work she did on athletes there and when it was time for me to have an orthopedic repair, I knew who to look for right away. I have felt well cared for by Dr. Timmerman and her office staff every step of the way through both of my surgical experiences. Dr. Timmerman and her team understand insurance, workers compensation and great medicine. As a professional firefighter I rely on my physical mobility and strength for everything I do. I truly appreciate the quality of service provided to me by Dr. T and her team!"

• Sports Medicine

• American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society, Member
  • Arthroscopy Association of North America, Member
  • California Medical Association, Member
  • California Orthopaedic Association, Member
  • Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery University of California Davis School of Med, Associate Professor

Dr. Timmerman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Timmerman

1.2048192771084338%
1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Timmerman?
Dr. Timmerman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD
I came to see Dr.Timmerman after i injured my right knee while sailing about a year ago, today i feel great! I had torn my meniscus and was in bad shape. I remembered the fantastic job she did on my left knee around 2005 (acl,pcl and meniscus damage!) and she was the first one i called. Today im back at work and after she worked on my knee i feel better than before. Id also like to mention the staff has been extremely helpful and informative.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
we had a surgery with Dr Timmerman and we can't be happier with the results. within less than 8 weeks I am back swimming competitively and high level with no pain. thank you Dr Timmerman you are the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
We were referred to Dr. Timmerman as being an expert in her field of orthopedics after our son dislocated his elbow for the fifth time. She quickly and accurately diagnosed the problem and set a plan to correct the issue. Her skill at surgery allowed for a quick recovery along with her specific instruction post-surgery regarding rehabilitation. Her positive "bed-side manner" made us all comfortable asking questions both before and after the surgery. Her office staff is excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman did the surgery on my left knee. i have never felt better. Her caring and follow up shows just how much she actually cares for her patients. Her office staff are the best. No one else is ever touching my knees. Thanks Doc
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman was a tremendous help with diagnosis and treating for my frozen shoulder (adhesive capsilitus). She listened to my concerns and offered a treatment plan and I am now able to have the mobility in my shoulder once again. Staff is also very friendly and helpful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman is wonderful to work with! She diagnosed my knee issue and took care of me in a very timely manner! I appreciate her care, her expertise and the follow up I have received! Thank you so much!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I came to doctor Timmerman barely able to walk. She diagnosed my knee injury and gave me the best solution to make a full recovery and return back to my everyday. I am very pleased on the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr Timmerman fixed my knee. The outcome could not have been better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
After being told by another Dr. that I would have to live with the pain in my shoulder I was referred to Dr. Timmerman. Our initial conversation with Dr. Timmerman was amazing. She validated that I was in tremendous pain and confirmed that the injury could indeed be repaired. My hope was to be pain free and be able to golf again. Six months later, full range of motion, golfing with a full swing and sleeping on my left side for the first time in 2 years. She and her s...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I completely tore my left rotator cuff in the beginning of January and saw Dr. Timmerman about 4 weeks later. Once she saw my MRI she immediately told me she could get me back to 100%. I scheduled surgery for the second week in February and I felt better within the first 4 days. I was completely off the meds after the first week and within 3 weeks I had 80% better mobility than I had in weeks. I was back to 100% within 5 months. Dr. T is the absolute best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr Timmerman was "the second opinion" I had received for a shoulder problem. I'm sooo thankful that I had a friend that had suggested I speak with her also. The difference between the two was night & day. I can't tell you how much more comfortable I was with Dr Timmerman and her staff after the after the first meeting. Now a few months after the surgery my shoulder has healed extremely with absolutely no complications. My range of movement is already about 90% of wha...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Expecting to take a sore shoulder with me on vacation, Dr. Timmerman evaluated my symptoms and treated me with a well-placed injection of cortisone on my first visit. My vacation was pain-free and I am a fan of Dr. Timmerman's knowledge and expertise. A five-star experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman was the most effective doctor I saw though the repair of the tear in my shoulder. She took the time to explain the process and the recovery. Her staff was amazing very friendly and helpful. I am happy to say that I can once again use my arm with almost full range.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I came to Dr. Timmerman with serious knee pain and swelling. I had a hard time walking my dogs on flat surfaces without pain. After going to see two other doctors, I came to Dr. Timmerman. I couldn't be happier with the results I've had without surgery or cortisone injections which were suggested by others. Such a great experience to be able to talk about ALL options including ones not commonly known by other doctors. I can't imagine where I'd be had I not found Dr. Timmerman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Thank you for making it pain free when I walk. Doctor Timmerman and staff will take good care of you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Laura Timmerman is a great orthopedic surgeon who fixed my full ACL tear with great results. From the minute you step into her office and meet her, Dr. Timmerman makes you feel like you are an old friend and will take the best care of you as if you are her family member. She fully explains what is wrong, what needs to be done and what it takes to recover back to the best you can be. Gaye, her PA, is also great and very knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman was wonderful at helping me and allowing me to get back to volleyball as soon as possible with still getting me to feeling 95%. When I tore my ACL in Feburary I was in surgery by my spring break in March to play in September for high school volleyball. It has been a year later and I am cleared to no longer play with my brace. I am stronger then ever and cannot thank her enough for every thing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
After being treated else where and being misdiagnosed, I found Dr. Timmerman. She was highly recommended, and I must say she totally exceeded my expectations. She was a great advocate for me, performed my surgery, with great follow-up. She is lovely, great bedside manners, she listens, takes her time, and KNOWS her stuff! Dr. Timmerman and her staff are all incredible. I wouldn't think twice about coming to see her in the future if needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
the best ever, highly recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I've seen Dr Timmerman and Gaye (PA) for multiple injuries( rotator cuff, ACL reconstruction) over the last few years. The treatment including two surgeries were were performed flawlessly. I'm now stronger than ever! Dr. Timmerman and the entire staff are wonderful, from the receptionists to the nurses, the entire staff make you feel at home from the first visit. I cannot recommend this office more!! Thanks for patching me up Dr. T
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Timmerman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Timmerman treats patients.