Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Female • Age 59

Telehealth services available

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Timmerman has more experience with Elbow and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine medical school in 1986. She is affiliated with John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Timmerman to book an appointment.

Laura A. Timmerman, M.D.

Laura A. Timmerman, M.D.230 N Wiget Ln Walnut Creek, CA 94598
    • Sat: closed

• Practices at Top Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Timmerman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Timmerman

Dr. Timmerman?
I would recommend Dr. Timmerman to everyone. I am an extreme sports fanatic and have had too many injuries to count. She has done a handful of knee surgeries for me and the results have always been phenomenal. My recovery time has been shorter since I switched to Dr. Timmerman. She reviews all the options with me and does the least invasive surgery if possible. The staff at her office are rockstars I've never waited on hold and if I have a question for Dr. Timmerman they always get back to me within a couple hours. I moved to Arizona and had my last knee injury there. I got the MRI in Arizona and went to a highly recommend doctor in my area. I had Dr. Timmerman review the results of the MRI as well, they had a similar diagnosis but Dr. Timmerman was able to do the surgery without replacing another ligament. I came back to California and she was able to operate on me the next week. It's been two weeks since the surgery and my patela is tight in the correct spot and I'm back to walking!
Kevin Cochran – May 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
disappointing, went to see Dr. Timmerman for hip pain. she ordered xrays, and then ordered MRI. went back to see her for results. I was ten minutes early with MRI CD. sat in room waiting for her for 45 min. I could hear her out side my door talking about PB J sandwiches and kids with another patient. I did not plan on being there that long and needed to go to work. after another ten minutes I poked my head out like a wounded animal letting her know I needed to go to work. I could immediately feel her anger. when she came in the room she was defensive telling me how she needed to read the CD. I did not tell her I could hear her 30 +minute conversation. she told me my hip pain was from a Hernia and never did an exam. she was pretty cold and was not what I expect from a Doctor. Not sure if her staff failed to tell her I was in the room, or if their scheduling is bad. either way I give them all a minus. i had to click one star to leave a review......
JR – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Timmerman for over 6 years now. She is the only orthopedic doctor that listens to me. She is open to new ideas, yet gives her opinion without judgment, gives me time (when she isn't over loaded because she is so popular), has a real person actually answers the phone when you call her office and has a really nice and kind staff. She has helped with my knees so I don't need to have major surgery. She also explains the progress of my arthritis each time I come in for an office visit. I really appreciate her, her work and her office staff.
Toni Tischler – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I came to see Dr.Timmerman after i injured my right knee while sailing about a year ago, today i feel great! I had torn my meniscus and was in bad shape. I remembered the fantastic job she did on my left knee around 2005 (acl,pcl and meniscus damage!) and she was the first one i called. Today im back at work and after she worked on my knee i feel better than before. Id also like to mention the staff has been extremely helpful and informative.
Sean C. – Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
we had a surgery with Dr Timmerman and we can't be happier with the results. within less than 8 weeks I am back swimming competitively and high level with no pain. thank you Dr Timmerman you are the best
A. H. – Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
We were referred to Dr. Timmerman as being an expert in her field of orthopedics after our son dislocated his elbow for the fifth time. She quickly and accurately diagnosed the problem and set a plan to correct the issue. Her skill at surgery allowed for a quick recovery along with her specific instruction post-surgery regarding rehabilitation. Her positive "bed-side manner" made us all comfortable asking questions both before and after the surgery. Her office staff is excellent!
Anonymous – Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman did the surgery on my left knee. i have never felt better. Her caring and follow up shows just how much she actually cares for her patients. Her office staff are the best. No one else is ever touching my knees. Thanks Doc
Rocky O. – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman was a tremendous help with diagnosis and treating for my frozen shoulder (adhesive capsilitus). She listened to my concerns and offered a treatment plan and I am now able to have the mobility in my shoulder once again. Staff is also very friendly and helpful!
Michelle C. – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman is wonderful to work with! She diagnosed my knee issue and took care of me in a very timely manner! I appreciate her care, her expertise and the follow up I have received! Thank you so much!!
Jul 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I came to doctor Timmerman barely able to walk. She diagnosed my knee injury and gave me the best solution to make a full recovery and return back to my everyday. I am very pleased on the results.
Jul 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr Timmerman fixed my knee. The outcome could not have been better!
Jul 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
After being told by another Dr. that I would have to live with the pain in my shoulder I was referred to Dr. Timmerman. Our initial conversation with Dr. Timmerman was amazing. She validated that I was in tremendous pain and confirmed that the injury could indeed be repaired. My hope was to be pain free and be able to golf again. Six months later, full range of motion, golfing with a full swing and sleeping on my left side for the first time in 2 years. She and her s...
Jul 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I completely tore my left rotator cuff in the beginning of January and saw Dr. Timmerman about 4 weeks later. Once she saw my MRI she immediately told me she could get me back to 100%. I scheduled surgery for the second week in February and I felt better within the first 4 days. I was completely off the meds after the first week and within 3 weeks I had 80% better mobility than I had in weeks. I was back to 100% within 5 months. Dr. T is the absolute best.
Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr Timmerman was "the second opinion" I had received for a shoulder problem. I'm sooo thankful that I had a friend that had suggested I speak with her also. The difference between the two was night & day. I can't tell you how much more comfortable I was with Dr Timmerman and her staff after the after the first meeting. Now a few months after the surgery my shoulder has healed extremely with absolutely no complications. My range of movement is already about 90% of wha...
Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Expecting to take a sore shoulder with me on vacation, Dr. Timmerman evaluated my symptoms and treated me with a well-placed injection of cortisone on my first visit. My vacation was pain-free and I am a fan of Dr. Timmerman's knowledge and expertise. A five-star experience!
Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman was the most effective doctor I saw though the repair of the tear in my shoulder. She took the time to explain the process and the recovery. Her staff was amazing very friendly and helpful. I am happy to say that I can once again use my arm with almost full range.
Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
I came to Dr. Timmerman with serious knee pain and swelling. I had a hard time walking my dogs on flat surfaces without pain. After going to see two other doctors, I came to Dr. Timmerman. I couldn't be happier with the results I've had without surgery or cortisone injections which were suggested by others. Such a great experience to be able to talk about ALL options including ones not commonly known by other doctors. I can't imagine where I'd be had I not found Dr. Timmerman.
Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Thank you for making it pain free when I walk. Doctor Timmerman and staff will take good care of you.
Jun 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Laura Timmerman is a great orthopedic surgeon who fixed my full ACL tear with great results. From the minute you step into her office and meet her, Dr. Timmerman makes you feel like you are an old friend and will take the best care of you as if you are her family member. She fully explains what is wrong, what needs to be done and what it takes to recover back to the best you can be. Gaye, her PA, is also great and very knowledgeable.
Apr 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?
Dr. Timmerman was wonderful at helping me and allowing me to get back to volleyball as soon as possible with still getting me to feeling 95%. When I tore my ACL in Feburary I was in surgery by my spring break in March to play in September for high school volleyball. It has been a year later and I am cleared to no longer play with my brace. I am stronger then ever and cannot thank her enough for every thing.
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Timmerman?

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Timmerman accepts

Dr. Timmerman accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA PPO
Select PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Medicare

No malpractice claims found for California

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than their peers

Elbow Injuries

Dr. Timmerman treats Elbow Injuries more than 66% of their peers

Dr. Timmerman treats this condition more than 66% of their peers

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 71% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear

Dr. Timmerman treats Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Timmerman treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Ligament Reconstruction
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Reconstruction
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Orthopedic Surgical Procedures
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spondylosis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is one of the best ranked doctors in the United States. She specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and currently sees patients in Walnut creek, California. Dr. Timmerman received a medical degree from...Read more

Patient Testimonials

"Dr. Timmerman worked on athletes at UC Berkeley when I was a student athletic trainer back in the late 90's. I saw the work she did on athletes there and when it was time for me to have an orthopedic repair, I knew who to look for right away. I have felt well cared for by Dr. Timmerman and her office staff every step of the way through both of my surgical experiences. Dr. Timmerman and her team understand insurance, workers compensation and great medicine. As a professional firefighter I rely on my physical mobility and strength for everything I do. I truly appreciate the quality of service provided to me by Dr. T and her team!"

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

1992
Amer Sports Medicine Inst, Orthopedic Surgery - Sports Medicine Fellowship Birmingham, Alabama
1991
Uc Davis School of Medicine - Orthopaedic Surgery Residency - Davis, California
1987
Uc Davis School of Medicine - Orthopaedic Surgery Internship - Davis, California
1986

• American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society, Member
  • Arthroscopy Association of North America, Member
  • California Medical Association, Member
  • California Orthopaedic Association, Member
  • Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery University of California Davis School of Med, Associate Professor
  • Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery University of California Davis School of Med, Assistant Professor
  • Paul R. Lipscomb Society, Member
  • The Forum, Member
Less...

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Timmerman communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Timmerman offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Timmerman offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Timmerman have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Timmerman offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Timmerman offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (925) 952-4080