Dr. Laura Slaughter, MD

Dr. Laura Slaughter, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Slaughter Psychiatric PLLC 6045 Alma Rd Ste 310 McKinney, TX 75070 Get Directions

I treat adult patients suffering from mood and anxiety problems, as well as other psychiatric conditions. After an extensive evaluation, I spend time with each patient in order to develop a personalized plan to address each area of concern. I utilize various treatment modalities, including medications, psychotherapy, and other evidence based interventions. I specialize in ADHD, addiction, anxiety, bipolar disorder, borderline personality, depression, OCD, insomnia, substance abuse, suicidal ideation, trauma & PTSD. TMS Neuro Solutions will be joining me in my new location as well. I will now be able to provide TMS Therapy and Digital Neuro Evaluations to patients. TMS Therapy is FDA approved for depression, a safe and effective treatment for those that have not seen enough improvement with medication alone, or cannot tolerate the side effects from medication. The Digital Neuro Evaluation allows me to measure your brain function to better understand memory loss, cognitive impairment, and other stress related issues. I am trained in both general and forensic psychiatry. I assess and treat adult patients with many different conditions, primarily related to mood and anxiety. I use treatment and health interventions to help patients become more resilient and able to live healthier and happier lives. Our practice can provide psychiatric evaluation, counseling, medications, genetic testing, substance abuse treatment, forensic (legal) evaluations and we've recently added Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) to help treatment resistant patients with Major Depression.

Dr. Slaughter's Experience

See how Dr. Slaughter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slaughter

Dr. Slaughter accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Slaughter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slaughter to family and friends
Dr. Slaughter's Performance
McKinney, TX |
Dr. Slaughter is excellent. She is very compassionate and professional. My son has found new hope because of Dr. Slaughter.
in Dallas, TX |
I have had two previous psychiatrists over a 13 year period before switching to Dr. Laura Slaughter. After switching it became very apparent that she was concerned with my best interest. I was finally properly diagnosed and treated accordingly. Certain mediciations were switched. Certain treatments were also reccomened and proceeded with, which also truly benefited my needs. She has also taken in concern of my needs for dietary changes, a stronger amount of support, (professionals or groups) 5/5
Melissa, Texas |
Her approach to finding a solution is very kind and caring. She was very available for me while we were doing medication changes. Her new office is very inviting and she is easy to talk to. She even helped me find coupons for my medications when I didn't have insurance coverage. I have recommended others to her and they have also had very good experiences with Dr Laura. Her assistant that handles calls and the front desk is also extremely kind and considerate of patient privacy.
Have you seen Dr. Laura Slaughter, MD?
Are you Dr. Slaughter?

Compare Dr. Slaughter

Dr. Slaughter says...

I treat adult patients suffering from mood and anxiety problems, as well as other psychiatric conditions. After an extensive evaluation, I spend time with each patient in order to develop a personalized plan to address each area of concern. I utilize various treatment modalities, including medications, psychotherapy, and other evidence based interventions. I specialize in ADHD, addiction, anxiety,  bipolar disorder, borderline personality, depression, OCD, insomnia, substance abuse, suicidal ideation, trauma & PTSD.

Dr. Slaughter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Slaughter has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Slaughter's Board Certifications

• Insomnia
  • Memory Loss
  • Mild Cognitive Impairment
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Completed in 1999

University of Kansas

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Slaughter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slaughter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Counseling Services
  • Genetic Testing
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)