Infectious Disease Medicine  |
Dr. Laura Schroeder, MD
Dr. Laura Schroeder, MD is an infectious disease medicine doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Schroeder is affiliated with HonorHealth Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical Center, HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center and Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center.

16620 N 40th St Ste H4

Phoenix, AZ 85032

Learn about Dr. Schroeder

to provide you with the very best care

Dr. Schroeder's Experience

Dr. Schroeder's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Infectious Disease Medicine
  • Board certified in Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine

• Infectious Disease Medicine

• Infectious Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)

• Infusion Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • St Joseph Hospital Milwaukee Wi
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Illinois Masonic Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University Of Illinois Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Schroeder has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schroeder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schroeder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schroeder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schroeder to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Schroeder's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Tempe, AZ |
I'm a nurse at a hospital and was referred to Dr. Schroeder's office by my PCP. When I tried to touch base with Dr. Schroeder's office, Kathy (front desk) kept stating that she had no documentation the referral was sent. In the three times I spoke with Kathy on the phone, she was rude, condescending, was short with me, and she constantly cut me off when I tried to speak. I cancelled my referral because if Kathy is reflection of Dr. Schroeder's office, I don't want to be a patient there.
in Maricopa |
Dr.Schroeder is my second ID doctor after being diagnosed with Valley Fever/Meningitis. She is the BEST doctor! Has educated me on my condition & has gone over my best options, has been very attentive to me when I am in the hospital. I drive 2 hours to see her! & Kathy in the front office is awesome, and always super helpful!
Tempe, AZ |
Apparently I'm not alone here, but she wouldn't see me even with a referring doctor and her status saying "accepting new patients." Worse, she didn't inform me. I had to call two weeks later to hear about it. I'm sitting here desperate for help and yet, she could care less. If you want help, you're better off going somewhere else. Honestly, try anywhere but here.
Phoenix, AZ |
If I could give a "0" I would. While traveling, I saw a physician at an Immediate Care facility which is part of Honor Health. This doctor faxed an urgent request referral to Dr. Laura Schroeder for a presumed infectious disease. He said that I urgent care and felt that an Infectious Disease Specialist was needed. After several days of waiting for an appointment with Dr. Schroeder I called her office. I was told that she decided not to take my case. Unbelievable!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I will say my first meeting at the hospital was not the best first impression, but she was all business. I then found her to be top notch, very good at listening and communicating. She knows her stuff and will not blow smoke up your butt. She will not tell you your better than you are, but will give you a plan to get you better. I had a total knee infection serious staff infection, she had a plan, I followed it, and it is gone. She is a Dr. that deals with very sick people and I am thankful
in Mesa, AZ |
While in the hospital I acquired MRSA and Dr Schroeder was there to assist with recommended medications etc. she was very patient and answered all my questions. Had 1 follow up apt and she and her office staff were all very nice & helpful as well! Was really surprised by some of the reviews, I had a GREAT experience!!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Showed up in flip flops and seemed under the influence. Totally unprofessional and can't imagine how she got a medical degree. When her dog barking ring tone went off during the exam...that took the cake. An embarrassment to the healthcare industry.
Scottsdale, AZ |
The pre-certification and billing practices are mis-leading and difficult to change once the office decides. After being told that my visit would be in-network, I was not pleased that I was billed out-of-network and that the office staff did not want to work with me. I tried calling, writing letters, and calling again, and was ignored. I was even hung up on on my last phone call to them. Now, my bill is in collections.
Her office was uncooperative with my referring Doctor, allegedly lost the information he sent over, and overall seemed detached an uncaring about patients as a whole. I would not recommend her to anyone suffering from an infectious disease that is wanting to see a doctor that has the patient's best interest in mind. I was unable to even schedule an appointment to see her due to lack of communication between her and my referring Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Laura Schroeder, MD?
Are you Dr. Schroeder?