Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD

General Surgery | Female

Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD

Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. She is 54 years old. Dr. Pomerenke is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

Dr. Pomerenke's Care Philosophy

Our practice philosophy is to provide the most up to date, compassionate care possible. Through our affiliation with the University of Colorado, we can provide University level care, including cutting edge research, without having to travel to Denver. We offer in office ultrasound, including same day biopsy, and oncoplastic surgical techniques.

Dr. Pomerenke's Experience

See how Dr. Pomerenke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pomerenke

Dr. Pomerenke accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Pomerenke is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Pomerenke has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pomerenke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pomerenke to family and friends
    Dr. Pomerenke's Performance
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Pomerenke is an amazing human being. She walked me through breast cancer at age 40 with competency and compassion. She is very well-read and up-to-date in her knowledge, and the perfect combination of realistic and optimistic, serious and light-hearted. She always spent as much time with me as I needed, responded promptly via e-mail, and worked me in for last-minute appointments. The only downside is that now I'll never find another doctor who meets my expectations. I love this woman.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I got a diagnosis of breast cancer on Friday. I called Dr. Pomerenke's office Friday, and three times on Tuesday, still nobody will call back to schedule an appointment! I left my name and number whenever I could, however twice when I pushed "2" to get her line, the phone simply went dead. It is inconceivable to me that an oncologist's office refuses to call back a cancer patient. I think it is rude anyway to not have a person answer the phone, but then ignoring voice messages is over the top.
    Rye, CO |
    Dr. Pomerenke was able to get my mother in quickly following her breast cancer diagnosis. The UC Health team was amazing under her direction in scheduling base line testing for my mother in a matter of days since she traveled from another state. They were able to accomplish what would have taken over a month where she was originally diagnosed. Two thumbs up to Dr. Pomerenke and the UC Health staff. I was so impressed I took my grandmother to her too.
    Littleton, CO |
    Dr. Pomerenke is caring and compassionate. She spends as much time explaining things as you need, will explain again and again if needed. She makes you feel like more than just a condition. Dr. Pomerenke's care for her patients is obvious. Have never met a more competent, caring, and talented physician.
    in West Des Moines, IA |
    By far, one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. Patient, knowledgeable, skilled and personable. Unheard of in the medical community. When my oncologist didn't answer my questions satisfactorily I could always depend on Dr. Pomerenke. I highly recommend her !
    in Monument, CO |
    For any woman, hearing the words breast cancer is a terrifying proposition. Dr Pomerenke has a compassionate straight-forward approach that is a breath of fresh air in healthcare. I initially had a consult with a general surgeon, but that provider didn't comprehend the concepts of minimally-invasive nor cosmetic result; I chose to consult a breast specialist. So glad I did. As a nurse, I was very appreciative that she took the time to address my in-depth questions. I highly recommend her.
    Have you seen Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD?
    Are you Dr. Pomerenke?

Dr. Pomerenke's Care Philosophy

Dr. Pomerenke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Pomerenke has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pomerenke's Board Certifications

Completed in 1990

Oregon Health and Science University
      University Of Arizona

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Pomerenke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pomerenke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery