General Surgery  |
Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD
Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. She is 54 years old. Dr. Pomerenke is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

Memorial Breast Surgery Specialists

175 S Union Blvd Ste 345

Colorado Springs, CO 80910

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Pomerenke

Our practice philosophy is to provide the most up to date, compassionate care possible. Through our affiliation with the University of Colorado, we can provide University level care, including cutting edge research, without having to travel to Denver. We offer in office ultrasound, including same day biopsy, and oncoplastic surgical techniques.

Dr. Pomerenke's Experience

Dr. Pomerenke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• General Surgery
  • Surgery

Dr. Pomerenke does not have any board certifications listed.

• Breast Cancer

• Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Port Placements or Replacements

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Arizona
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Arizona School Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Oregon Health & Sciences Univ
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Oregon Health and Science University

Dr. Pomerenke has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pomerenke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pomerenke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pomerenke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pomerenke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pomerenke to family and friends
Dr. Pomerenke's Performance
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Pomerenke is an amazing human being. She walked me through breast cancer at age 40 with competency and compassion. She is very well-read and up-to-date in her knowledge, and the perfect combination of realistic and optimistic, serious and light-hearted. She always spent as much time with me as I needed, responded promptly via e-mail, and worked me in for last-minute appointments. The only downside is that now I'll never find another doctor who meets my expectations. I love this woman.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I got a diagnosis of breast cancer on Friday. I called Dr. Pomerenke's office Friday, and three times on Tuesday, still nobody will call back to schedule an appointment! I left my name and number whenever I could, however twice when I pushed "2" to get her line, the phone simply went dead. It is inconceivable to me that an oncologist's office refuses to call back a cancer patient. I think it is rude anyway to not have a person answer the phone, but then ignoring voice messages is over the top.
Rye, CO |
Dr. Pomerenke was able to get my mother in quickly following her breast cancer diagnosis. The UC Health team was amazing under her direction in scheduling base line testing for my mother in a matter of days since she traveled from another state. They were able to accomplish what would have taken over a month where she was originally diagnosed. Two thumbs up to Dr. Pomerenke and the UC Health staff. I was so impressed I took my grandmother to her too.
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Pomerenke is caring and compassionate. She spends as much time explaining things as you need, will explain again and again if needed. She makes you feel like more than just a condition. Dr. Pomerenke's care for her patients is obvious. Have never met a more competent, caring, and talented physician.
in West Des Moines, IA |
By far, one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. Patient, knowledgeable, skilled and personable. Unheard of in the medical community. When my oncologist didn't answer my questions satisfactorily I could always depend on Dr. Pomerenke. I highly recommend her !
in Monument, CO |
For any woman, hearing the words breast cancer is a terrifying proposition. Dr Pomerenke has a compassionate straight-forward approach that is a breath of fresh air in healthcare. I initially had a consult with a general surgeon, but that provider didn't comprehend the concepts of minimally-invasive nor cosmetic result; I chose to consult a breast specialist. So glad I did. As a nurse, I was very appreciative that she took the time to address my in-depth questions. I highly recommend her.
Have you seen Dr. Laura Pomerenke, MD?
Are you Dr. Pomerenke?