Dr. Laura Goguen, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatFemaleAge 57

Dr. Laura Goguen, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Boston, MA. She is affiliated with medical facilities Brigham And Women's Hospital and Dana - Farber Cancer Institute. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Goguen to book an appointment.

Dr. Goguen

Dana Farber Cancer Institute

450 Brookline Ave Boston, MA 02215
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Goguen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Goguen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Oral Cancer

Dr. Goguen treats Oral Cancer more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Goguen treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cancer of Floor of Mouth
  • Lip Cancer
  • Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Palate Cancer
  • Tongue Cancer
Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation

Dr. Goguen treats Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Goguen treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

• Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Glossectomy
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Middle Ear Implant Candidacy Evaluation
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep Study
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

Dr. Goguen accepts

Dr. Goguen accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Goguen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Goguen

4.5

Dr. Goguen
Four months after extreme tongue surgery and I'm eating everything in sight - gaining back the weight I lost. Am I out of the woods? No. I've learned that cancer makes its own rules. But I'm alive. I'd doubted that even such a brilliant surgeon as Dr. Goguen could let me eat and speak normally - with no disfigurement. What were the chances? But Dr. Goguen had already bought me eight years with her expertise and was confident she could successfully do it again. And, here I am. I can eat normally! And articulate words! And I look like myself. Life is good. Dr. Goguen is a genius! And, a very patient doctor.
Susan – Aug 21, 2021
I had an incidental finding of a mass in my neck during a CT scan, my ENT advised finding a more experienced surgeon due to the location and unclear biopsy results and I chose Dr. Goguen. She and her team were fantastic, did additional imaging and ultimately found removing the mass as the right choice. She was informative and caring, gave a clear plan and I had great care in the hospital. I am healing wonderfully and everyone is impressed with the placement and appearance of my scar. We have a great follow up plan and I have felt 100% cared for and a part of my treatment plan with Dr. Goguen!
Jessica – Jun 15, 2021
Had a Lypoma removed, she and her team did a great job, was very confident in their services, and would refer
Tom R – Apr 08, 2021
Dr. Goguen recently performed surgery on me. I could not be more pleased. She was professional, very willing to entertain questions and concerns, and she took the time to draw a clear picture of what was planned. She was so kind and I am recovering nicely. Thank you Dr. Goguen.
Jan 07, 2021
Dr. Gogen removed a brachial cleft cyst from my neck. Many complications could have taken place due to its placement but she did a fabulous job and I am healing well.
Dec 09, 2020
My Name is Ernaida I just wanted to say that Dr.Goguen is a great surgeon. Her and her amazing team performed surgery on me on July 31st, 2020. She is very knowledgeable, compassionate and caring person. I could have not asked for a better surgeon than Dr. Goguen. I would recommend her to anyone seeking excellent treatment.
Aug 27, 2020
Dr. Goguen very passionate about her job. Very thorough with exams and plan of care. Needed surgery And explained everything well from surgery to recovery. Thank You. Glad I was in the best care.
Diana – Aug 18, 2020
Totally satisfied with my experience. Thank you for your kindness and patience.
Jun 14, 2020
Dr. Goguen most likely saved my life in an 11 hour surgery on February 18th which removed a section of my right lower jaw, attached teeth and a squamous cell tumor which was 4.2 cm long by 1.75 cm thick with a 16 mm "tail" going into the bone. Kind of like an oblong tadpole I imagine. Prior to the surgery she patiently and objectively answered all of my and my wife's questions in simple English which provided comfort and reassurance. She also offered that same calm and assured demeanor to my anxious family just prior to the procedure and followed up with them when the surgery was completed, responding to their questions and concerns. I can recommend her without reservation based on my experience and hope that she has a long and gratifying career helping many more patients like myself.
Bruce H. Palmer, MA, MSSA, ACSW, LICSW (retired) – Mar 17, 2020
My wife, Pam, saw Dr. Goguen for a parotidectomy last week. We found her to be very informative, knowledgeable, and professional. She never made us feel rushed. She explained the procedure very thoroughly and answered all of our questions. We would highly recommend her without reservation.
Mar 06, 2020
Dr. Goguen is an excellent Doctor and Surgeon. She examined the situation, told me what needed to be done, put me at ease, and then removed a worrisome lump on my tongue! The sample was sent to be biopsied. She then arranged further testing for me that day for a curious lump under my jaw. I was so relieved to find out both lesions were benign. I am very grateful for the help and kindness of Dr. Goguen and her staff. I would definitely recommend her to anyone seeking treatment.
Feb 19, 2020
October 2019 I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma/oral cancer in my lower left jaw. I was directed to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Head and Neck. My Oncology Team had a plan ready for me (and my husband) to discuss on my first visit. This amazing team consisted of several Doctors, Clinical Research Team, and Surgeon. Dr. Laura Goguen was on my team and would be my Surgeon. I was so impressed by her sincere and straightforward strategy for my care and goal of a cure for my cancer. Dr. Goguen explained the options of what may or may not occur concerning my surgery while also paying attention to my questions and answering all of them in a professional but "user friendly" wording. My surgery was December 10, 2019 all went extremely wonderful and I am cancer free. I am grateful to my entire Oncology Team and highly recommend Dr. Laura Goguen she is a "Keeper" for me. Oh and one more thing...She has a great smile.
Mary Jane Keller – Jan 19, 2020
Dr. Goguen took care of my husband from 2009 until he passed away in November of 2017. Most recently I had a medical diagnosis that required the services of a Head & Neck Surgeon, and of course I quickly made an appointment with Dr. Goguen. Most everyone who has cause to use the services of Dana Farber is already stressed and unsure of what the future holds for them, so when I was seen within a week, It meant the world to me. My surgery was scheduled quickly, and I am now home and fully recovered. Dr. Goguen is a gifted, capable, compassionate and experienced physician and surgeon. She always brought a smile to my husband’s face, and made him feel special and safe. I totally, and without reservation recommend Dr. Goguen to anyone in need of the services of a Head and Neck surgeon.
Donna Bradford – Dec 06, 2019
Amazing doctor! Dr. Goguen takes the time to answer all of your questions and never rushes you. She explains things in a way that you can understand. Dr. Goguen made what could have been a very scary surgery much easier. She truly cares about her patients. Her whole staff is excellent. Whenever I had a question I received an answer quickly, either through the email or by phone. I highly recommend Dr. Goguen.
Kelly B. – Nov 13, 2019
My father was operated on by Dr. Goguen for advanced stage throat cancer. It has been more than a year since his surgery and radiation treatment. He was back to gardening this summer and again is enjoying his retirement. Quite simply, she saved his life and we are very grateful to her and her staff. My father doesn't use a computer so asked me to write the following on his behalf: "Doing well. Excellent explanation and presentation of my problem. Great surgery and thorough follow up - certainly made me feel special." Highly recommend.
Aug 23, 2019
Dr. Goguen and her nurse practitioner, Ronnie, are amazing. They are thorough, knowledgeable, and very patient. I had a left and right thyroid bed revision, as well as a right neck dissection. Dr. Goguen explained everything, checked on me each day while in the hospital, and made sure I was doing well. She is extremely professional, but easy to talk to. I would highly recommend her to friends and family.
Nicole P. – Aug 14, 2019
Dr. Goguen recently completed a lengthy, difficult surgery on my husband. She is extraordinary in both her capabilities as a surgeon and her willingness to thoughtfully explain what she would do, what she then did and why. She answered all of our questions and we just cannot say enough about what a fantastic surgeon she is. She also has an excellent support staff, including the amazing Ronnie whose support has been invaluable.
Aug 13, 2019
Dr. Goguen was excellent. She took amazing care of me.
John Silk – Jun 14, 2019
Dr. Goguen got me in ASAP for my surgery. She did an outstanding job, considering that I could have been left with permanent facial paralysis. She came to see me every day that I was recovering and kept me well informed. She was always pleasant, smiling and answered all my questions. I would recommend her to anyone.
May 29, 2019
Dr. Laura A Goguen has superior competencies in all areas: examination; communication; diagnosis, and surgical outcome. I had a growth in the inside of my nose that required surgery. She did a through examination, answered all of my questions in a way that I could understand, was personable AND professional simultaneously. The surgical outcome was excellent. I had an fully informed understanding of each step along the way in my care. I have recommended her and will continue to do so should someone I know have medical needs in her area of specialty.
May 26, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Goguen?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat