Dr. Laura Chavez, DO

Geriatric Medicine | Female

Dr. Laura Chavez, DO
Dr. Laura Chavez, DO is a geriatric medicine doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Chavez is affiliated with Holy Name Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center.

Dr. Chavez's Experience

See how Dr. Chavez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chavez

Dr. Chavez accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Chavez is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chavez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chavez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chavez to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Chavez's Performance
    in Clifton, NJ |
    No words to express my gratitude for her medical care. I can say her medical knowledge is simply fabulous and outstanding. I will recommend her to everyone without hesitation. She really cares about her patients
    Hackensack, NJ |
    Its very unlikely that I would recommend this office to friends. the office is ran horroribly. The Dr.Chavez once told me that I had "BAD GENES" .. I was told that I needed a statin to get my Blood down & that I "COULDNT" do it on my own. I decided to change the way I ate & lose weight... My Blood pressure is down from 158 to 138 NO thank you STATIN :)
    in New Jersey |
    Dr. Chavez is a very caring doctor. I have been through a lot of doctors and feel comfortable talking to her about anything. She is very thorough when she needs to be. She listens to me as a patient and examines me as a whole. It's not just about the number of tests.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr chavez has a great staff. They're always helpful and extremely caring. She has always made time for me especially in emergencies. She answers all my questions and takes very good care of me. Totally recommend this office!!
    in Maywood, NJ |
    I absolutely love Dr. chavez and her staff. They made me feel right at home and extremely comfortable. Dr. Chavez was very caring and thorough when explaining things to me. This office has a great atmosphere.
    Paramus, NJ |
    I just can say something simple. If you want someone that is a great clinician and and excellent person go to see this doctor. ... yes, at times you will wait to see her but , i prefer to wait to be seen by a doctor who will listen and care for my health.. I know I am a sick person and need some one who knows what is really doing . Highly recommended!!
    in Secaucus, NJ |
    Dr Monicus Chavez is just wonderful and her medical care is second to none . I highly recommend her without hesitation
    Hackensack NJ |
    My mother is under her care, and this will be her last visit I am changing doctors done to the fact that even if you have an appointment there is always a two hour or more waiting time !! And it's not exactly because the place is full of patients! The front desk personnel is rude and pretentious.
    in Hackensack, NJ |
    This woman has a problem listening to patients and their concerns. She is very defensive when confronted with queries about questionable treatments. My mother's blood pressure worsened dramatically under Chavez's care, to the point where she suffered from terrible daily headaches she hadn't experienced for years. I consulted three separate doctors who backed me up with my concerns. Immediately upon leaving Chavez's care, my mother's situation improved. I am considering denouncing Chavez.
    in Hackensack, NJ |
    Appointments with Dr. Chavez feel very hurried. On several occasion I felt the doctor dismissed my concerns. She could do a much better job of listening to her patients. By booking an appointment I expect my doctor to see me, listen to the reason for my visit and proceed accordingly - not try to hurry off to the next patient after five to ten minutes.
    Have you seen Dr. Laura Chavez, DO?
    Are you Dr. Chavez?

Dr. Chavez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Geriatric Medicine
    •  Board certified in Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine

Dr. Chavez has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chavez's Board Certifications

• Geriatric Medicine

• Alzheimer's Disease
    • Asthma
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Depression
    • Heart Disease
    • High Cholesterol

New York College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYCOM)

Graduated in 1998

University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Newark
      University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Newark
      University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey
      National University Federico Villarreal / Academic Program of Human Medicine

Dr. Chavez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chavez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Geriatric Medicine