Dr. Laura Caron, MD

Family Medicine | Female

Dr. Laura Caron, MD
I'm from a rural town in southern Minnesota moved to Maine for residency in Augusta at the Maine Dartmouth program. I've practicing a full range of family medicine in the area since 2004. I truly believe in the full spectrum of family medicine and appreciate being able to care for families from the Labor and Delivery floor all the way through to Nursing Home and Hospice care. I love Maine's no nonsense approach to life and though I can technically never become a true "Mainer" this is where my heart finds home.

Dr. Caron's Care Philosophy

I believe primary care is built upon relationships. My job is to help teach people about their body and then together we make a plan to reach their personal goals. Sometimes this is losing 20 pounds so they can plan a healthier pregnancy. Sometimes it's getting prepared for and recovered from knee replacement so they can play with their grandchildren. Sometimes it is about being comfortable and holding hands with your children as you pass.

Dr. Caron's Experience

See how Dr. Caron's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Caron

Dr. Caron accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Caron is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Caron has admitting privileges.

Dr. Caron's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caron to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Caron Says:

Dr. Caron's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Augusta, ME |
Very judgemental, does not listen to her patients & is not trust worthy.
South Paris, ME |
I would never, never, never recommend Dr. Caron!
Newton Center, MA |
I've been seeing Dr. Caron for years, she knows what she is talking about. She's very good at what she does. But she's also human, and sometimes humans are overwhelmed and misjudged some situations. That's why there is express care and the ER. I've never had a problem with her judgment over the years and I've had some hard to figure out problems. I recommend her to everyone looking for a new PCP.
in Washington,ME |
went to Dr.Caron on a Friday with severe throat pain & swelling. Her assistant swabbed throat for strep. she checked my swollen glands & sore ear which she said "was not infected & told me to call Monday for prescription if still in pain, it was just a virus" She NEVER actually looked in my mouth! I suffered until Sunday not being able to sleep,eat or drink. When I arrived at E.R. on Sunday they treated me for dehydration, strep throat & an absessed tonsil. I will not go back to her!
in Hallowell, ME |
Very considerate and thorough
in Augusta, ME |
Did not take my child's illness serious and put her in danger. Was upset that she couldn't wait for her appointment and went to the ER. We are inspecting her to be professional this is life or death not some kind of game.
Have you seen Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Are you Dr. Caron?

Compare Dr. Caron

Dr. Caron says...

I'm from a rural town in southern Minnesota moved to Maine for residency in Augusta at the Maine Dartmouth program. I've practicing a full range of family medicine in the area since 2004. I truly believe in the full spectrum of family medicine and appreciate being able to care for families from the Labor and Delivery floor all the way through to Nursing Home and Hospice care.  I love Maine's no nonsense approach to life and though I can technically never become a true "Mainer" this is where my heart finds home.

Dr. Caron's Care Philosophy

I believe primary care is built upon relationships.  My job is to help teach people about their body and then together we make a plan to reach their personal goals.  Sometimes this is losing 20 pounds so they can plan a healthier pregnancy.  Sometimes it's getting prepared for and recovered from knee replacement so they can play with their grandchildren.  Sometimes it is about being comfortable and holding hands with your children as you pass.

Dr. Caron says...

I've been delivering babies at MGMC for over 10 years.  Caring for the children I've delivered as they grow and reach milestones is a miraculous gift.  Even more wondering is caring for their parents, grandparents and remembering when I cared for their great grandparents at Maine Vet's Home.  I believe the emotion behind these experiences is as important as technical skill.

Dr. Caron says...

We're excited to be in a new office with a smaller more flexible staff.  Our goal at FFHC is to be able to be available for same day sick visits.  Our electronic medical records allows us to communicate with pharmacies faster which should help decrease the hassle of getting medication refills.  We are truly interested in your feedback to help us grow.  Please call or write us about your experiences so we can improve.

Dr. Caron's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Maine not available

Dr. Caron has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

Why It Matters: Dr. Caron's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Asthma
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Me Dartmouth Fam Prac Mgmc

Completed in 1999

CARLETON COLLEGE

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Caron does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caron and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology