Dr. Laura Caron, MD

Family Medicine ·  Female · Age 45

Dr. Caron

Dr. Laura Caron, MD is a family medicine specialist in Augusta, ME and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from University Of Mn Med Sch in 2000 and specializes in family medicine, obstetrics & gynecology, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Caron accepts

Dr. Caron accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Commercial Insurance Company
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MaineCare
Universal American

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maine

Check if Dr. Caron treats your condition or procedure

• Breech Position
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colporrhaphy
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cryosurgery for Skin Lesions
  • Intrauterine Device (IUD) Removal
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wound Repair

I believe primary care is built upon relationships.  My job is to help teach people about their body and then together we make a plan to reach their personal goals.  Sometimes this is losing 20 pounds so they can plan a healthier pregnancy....

• Adult Medicine

2.8

Dr. Caron?
Dr. Caron's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Laura Caron, MD
Dr. Caron is rude & condescending. My husband had a 2nd blood clot discovered in the ER. We followed up with Dr. Caron who never checked his chart prior to his appt. & didn't believe that he actually had one. She basically stated that he was lying and that the ER doc was incompetent. She then decided to review his chart which showed his clot. She prescribed medication & to wear compression socks & sent him on his way. He didn't feel comfortable with his care. I followed up to ask for a referral to a hematologist as its uncommon at my husbands age to have reoccurring blood clots. She refused & said the treatment would be no different. After a heated argument she agreed. After meeting with the hematologist my husband was diagnosed with Factor II - a genetic clotting disorder. The hematologist said the worst thing he could've done was wear compression socks as it could've broke the clot causing it to move to his lung, brain or heart. Thankfully we didn't take her advice and have a new PCP
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Caron's for a number of years, and although she made me feel uncomfortable a couple of times during that time, I have a complicated story, so I stayed with her. Even though I had blood work done every 6 months, she never told me that I was developing kidney trouble until my numbers were very close to kidney failure! She told me that this was due to long term use of NSAIDs which she prescribed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
My family has been seeing Dr. Caron for about 15 years. She knows each of us, and always takes the time to ask about other members of the family when one of us is in for a visit. She is a very straightforward person, with more personality than one often finds in a doctor's office setting. I appreciate this straightforward attitude, and the fact that I can be straightforward in return. In a healthcare setting, honesty and forthrightness are super important. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Dr. Caron should not be allowed to practice! She is rude, condescending, arrogant and disrespectful! She exhibits no compassion or care for you or why your in her office, and her whole staff is the same way! She apparently thinks she can speak to her patients however she feels with no reguard to how they’re feeling. She flat out told my son who’s 17, he’s a lair and to not complain about struggling to breath bc if he was having a hard time, he’d be dead! Outrageous, disturbing & disgusting
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Very judgmental, will not take seriously, refused any professional referrals for specialists. Was very belittling about my weight,refused to listen when I tried to tell her what was wrong. Wanted to treat me like a granola. When we decided to leave she refused to release our records to our new choice in a real professional who cared for the patient. Not the dollar.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
I chose to remove myself from a health care information sharing program for personal and privacy reasons. Dr. Caron was sitting nearby and heard me asking the office staff to assist me with this. Dr. Caron practically verbally attacked me, demanding very aggressively "why do you want to leave that?? Don't you know what it's for??". I'm an RN. I know what the program is. I also know it's my right to leave it without her questioning me in any way. It's NONE of her business.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
I recently made the decision to change providers after having numerous issues with dr Caron. However I needed an urgent appointment and had no choice but to see her again. That visit reaffirmed my need to find a better provider. She was argumentative and she belittled me for wanting a referral to an obgyn. She is SO unprofessional and I will be changing doctors ASAP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Very Bad Experience with this provider!!!! Be aware!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
If you are looking for a rude, disrespectful, unprofessional and arrogant person to treat you like your dumb as a stick then Dr. Caron is the doctor for you. She thinks she knows you better than you know yourself. She should not be treating or giving advice to anyone! I would say she got her license out of a crack-a -jack box. Do yourself a favor and learn from our mistake, keep looking for someone to treat you and your family she isn't worth your time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Dr. Caron usually has one foot out the door. Always in a rush and does not take patients' concerns seriously. She refuses to perform simple tests to confirm diagnoses and is very reluctant to make referrals to specialists when necessary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Very judgemental, does not listen to her patients & is not trust worthy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
I would never, never, never recommend Dr. Caron!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Caron for years, she knows what she is talking about. She's very good at what she does. But she's also human, and sometimes humans are overwhelmed and misjudged some situations. That's why there is express care and the ER. I've never had a problem with her judgment over the years and I've had some hard to figure out problems. I recommend her to everyone looking for a new PCP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
went to Dr.Caron on a Friday with severe throat pain & swelling. Her assistant swabbed throat for strep. she checked my swollen glands & sore ear which she said "was not infected & told me to call Monday for prescription if still in pain, it was just a virus" She NEVER actually looked in my mouth! I suffered until Sunday not being able to sleep,eat or drink. When I arrived at E.R. on Sunday they treated me for dehydration, strep throat & an absessed tonsil. I will not go back to her!
Very considerate and thorough
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?
Did not take my child's illness serious and put her in danger. Was upset that she couldn't wait for her appointment and went to the ER. We are inspecting her to be professional this is life or death not some kind of game.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laura Caron, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Caron?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Caron treats patients.