Dr. Larry Crisco, MD

49 reviews

First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA

1000 Plantation Island Dr S Ste 9

Saint Augustine, FL 32080

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Ambetter
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Crisco

Every patient is different, and every patient's problems are different. Harmonizing the patient's own philosophy on managing their health, with an enlightened understanding of their medical conditions and their options for treatment provides the best course of care for this Physician.

Personal Bio

Dr. Van Crisco is originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, he attended college at Wake Forest University and then Medical School at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Medicine. He trained in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and in Cardiology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA as a basic science molecular cardiologist, general cardiologist, and then interventional cardiologist, finishing in 2000. From 2000-2013, Dr. Crisco served the patients of metropolitan Atlanta, GA as a busy private practice interventional cardiologist. In 2013, Dr. Crisco joined First Coast Heart & Vascular Center in Jacksonville, Florida.

Dr. Crisco's Experience

Dr. Crisco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology

• Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy, Hypertrophic
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Claudication
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Endovascular Disorders
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Ischemia
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Artery Disease
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Pulmonary Edema
  • Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Pulmonary Valve Disease
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Renal Artery Stenosis (RAS)
  • Secondary Hypertension

• Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Atherectomy
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • CT Coronary Angiogram
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Stenting
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• University Of Michigan Health System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Emory University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Crisco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Crisco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crisco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Crisco's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crisco to family and friends
Dr. Crisco's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr criscos new procedure on me was a life saver.. He stayed and checked on me the whole time I needed him in the hospital. I trust him above all other cardiologists and would send loved ones to him if they needed any heart issues addressed. He has a wonderful bedside manner and answers all questions you may have. He cares about his patients and doesn't treat them as a number. His prolongedy life with a new procedure and know I'm in good hands with him.
in Palm Coast, FL |
How blessed I was to be under the care of Dr. Crisco during a recent heart procedure. His professional and knowledgeable manner eased any and all fears and concerns. The comfortable, easy way he has about him was a great "fear reducer" as he patiently answered all my questions, leaving me not only prepared for the procedure, but peaceful and calm as well.
St Augustine, FL |
Met Dr. Crisco for the first time and I was very pleased with the appointment. He listened, answered questions and was very straightforward about changes I need to make in my lifestyle.
Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. Crisco was incredibly knowledgeable, caring, professional and spent time to answer any questions we had. My experience couldn't have gone any better. I highly recommend Dr. Crisco!!!
in St Augustine, FL |
I have complete confidence in his abltity and he is an outstanding physician
in St Augustine, FL |
I found him to be professional, friendly and caring. He explained issues at different levels until he felt I understood correctly the issue. We both worked out a plan and explained his reasoning as to why he recommended certain steps. In the end I felt comfortable and confident about our decisions.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. Crisco treated my husband, Doug Nichols, for PAD. He put another stent in his leg and ballooned out the other arteries. It was the first time we had met him and liked him immediately. He was very straight forward with us and gave me the complete description of the blockages he found in my husband's leg. He seemed extremely knowledgeable and honest with me. Doug's leg feels good today which is the first time in about six months thanks to Dr. Crisco.
in Orange Park, FL |
Dr. Crisco placed 3 stents for me and I was very pleased with the result. I have followed up with him and like his frank, firm and helpful advice. He let's you know what kind of lifestyle changes you need and does it with a pleasant demeanor along with a few laughs thrown in.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr cisco inserted my stint. Excellent doctor. Talked to me and put my fears at ease.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Fixed my problem, PAD, and saved my life while in the CATH lab.
in Palm Coast FL |
I had read high reviews of Dr. Crisco before my abdominal aortic aneurysm stent repair. He exceeded my expectations by far. He explained my upcoming procedure very thoroughly and answered all of my questions. He did a great job with my stent repair and I would highly recommend Dr. Crisco. One of the best doctors I have ever encountered.
Jacksonville, FL |
Highly skilled in procedures. Frank and truthful with results.
in Glen Saint Mary, FL |
First visit was to establish cardiovascular doctor in NE Florida, then for elevated BP. Doctor did not request past cardiology records, was not interested in history of heart or cardiovascular events. Still had not requested records and scans, and no suggestion regarding the BP. He listened to my heart and read EKG, and said I did not have a heart problem. I was concerned about vascular issues,, and he said he was a heart doctor.
in GREEN COVE SPRINGS |
EVERYTHING WAS GREAT FROM START TO FINISH. I COULD NOT HAVE SAKED FOR BETTER.
Knowledge of handling emergency quick AND THROUGH
in St. Johns, Florida |
Dr. Crisco is the best Vascular Dr. I have ever had. I have had four others and I will never leave him. I have told all of my frinds that need his services.
in Jacksonville, FL |
FROM THE FIRST TIME I MET DR CRISCO I FELT LIKE WE WERE FRIENDS AND THAT HE GENUALLY CARED ABOUT ME! AFTER OUR FIRST VISIT AND OUR DISCUSSION ABOUT THE PROCEDURE I FELT VERY CONFIDENT THAT HE AND BY HIS RECOMMENDATION, HIS TEAM OF DOCTORS WOULD DO EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO HELP ME. I FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE BEEN UNDER HIS CARE AND WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS A VERY COMPETENT AND CARING DOCTOR.
in Nassau, NP |
Today September 19th 2016 makes three years since I had heart surgery at St. Vincent’s Medical, (Riverside) thanks to Dr. Crisco and Dr. Ashchi from the First Coast Heart and Vascular Center who guider and made me comfortable through this process. I am doing well and back home in my country (Bahamas) I would also like to say thanks to all and to thank Dr. Crisco for the excellent Dr. to patient communication. Also thank-you to Dr. Moskowitz my surgeon
in Green Cove springs fl |
He brought me back when I coded during a heart cath
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Crisco is awesome! He explains everything to you in a manner that you can understand and takes the time to answer any questions you may have.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Very personable and reviewed all meds to fit my situation . Took time with me . I like your reminders however , I don't do PORTALS . Thanks for your last note reminder . You just make sure that Dr. Crisco is well and there .
in New York, NY |
If he would have took the proper time with my dad in the er room and did some stints(that my father, Dennis Simpson, had approved prior to the procedure) he might still be alive today. But his appointment with the tennis or racquetball court was more important than saving a life. Just the smallest amount of blood flow could have given him a chance. I do and will always tell everyone to not use your practice. Dr. Aschi is no longer there with your practice a And I wonder why?
in Brunswick, GA |
My mother (97) was referred by her doctor, Dr Peter Saliba, to Dr Crisco after Dr Saliba examined my mother's legs and knew she needed to see a vascular Doctor. Dr Saliba's office called and explained the situation and we were told to come right over and they could see her. We were taken care of completely that day, including all ultra sound tests and a diagnosis of a blood clot. Dr Crisco explained her condition, what steps needed to be taken, gave me options, and advice. Very professional.
in Jacksonville |
I first met Dr.Cisco when he substituted for another surgeon that was called away on an emergency.He came up from Central Fl to Jacksonville to perform my surgery. The second time he perform my surgery he asked and answered any and all of my questions. He even spent time telling my husband exactly what was done and how the procedure went. I was quite pleased and so was my husband. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Crisco is kind , caring and shoots from the hip . He has great bedside manners. My family likes him so much that they and my ex are making appointments to see him.
in Jacksonville, FL |
an individual I would highly recommend. glad he was on call the morning of my event.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. Crisco is caring and compassionate. He spent as much time as I needed to understand the procedure he was going to perform and after the procedure he spent equally as much time explaining what I needed done to live a longer life.
in Jacksonville, FL |
If you have a major cardiac crisis, Dr. Crisco is THE physician to go to, he saved my life in the ER and he makes it clear that he really cares about his patients. His matter of fact follow up recommendations are understandable and to the point, and anyone in his care will know they are in good hands.
in St Augustine, FL |
MY HUSBAND HAD 2 CARDIAC CATHERIZATIONS DONE BY DR. CRISCO. HE WAS PROFESSIONAL, COMPASSIONATE, AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO US IN A WAY THAT WE UNDERSTOOD. HE EVEN TOOK THE TIME TO REVIEW THE FILMS WITH ME, AND I KNOW HE HAD OTHER PATIENTS WAITING. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL HE IS. MY HUSBAND IS HAVING SURGERY NEXT WEEK AND DR. CRISCO IS DOING THE PROCEDURE. I HAVE COMPLETE FAITH IN HIM.
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
Spends time with you, explains everything thoroughly. My procedure went smooth, just as Dr. Crisco described.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr Crisco saved a family members life recently and he kept us informed and truly cared for all of us. Our whole family sees this practice and we are very happy with them as they work together to meet each individual's needs. Dr Crisco is straight forward and attentive.
in Alpharetta, GA |
He's outstanding
Have you seen Dr. Larry Crisco, MD?
Are you Dr. Crisco?

Visit Dr. Crisco

Dr. Crisco accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO
  • Ambetter
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Coventry Health and Life Insurance Co HMO
    Gold
    Humana Choice Medicare Advantage PPO
    Medicaid MMA HMO
    Medicare Advantage
    Medicare Advantage HMO
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Managed Care

Saint Augustine, FL 32086
Saint Vincent's Medical Center Southside
4201 Belfort Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32216

More Interventional Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Crisco at First Coast Heart & Vascular Center, PA

Dr. Mina Jacob, MD