Dr. Larisa Likver, MD

Dr. Larisa Likver, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Larisa Likver, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Read her story

8419 Bay Pkwy

Brooklyn, NY 11214

• 1199SEIU
  • AARP
  • Elderplan
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Likver

See how frequently Dr. Likver performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Likver's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Likver's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Likver "Dr. Larisa Likver is a board-certified physiatrist with over 20 years of medical experience, specifically pain management, both in New York City and internationally. She has been trained in Prolotherapy by the Hackett-Hemwall Foundation, the leading institution for Prolotherapy education and research. For over 35 years, the Hackett-Hemwall foundation has hosted a medical missionary trip to Honduras. Dr. Likver has advanced her expertise in Prolotherapy by participating in these missions in 2014 and 2015, dedicating her time and service to treat people who are otherwise unable to afford medical care. She is also a specialist in Neural Prolotherapy. This treatment was developed by New Zealand physician Dr. John Lyftgoft. Dr. Likver participated in some of the few global conferences in Neural Prolotherapy to obtain training from Dr. Lyftogt himself. In 2013, Dr. Likver participated in the most comprehensive global conference for Neural Prolotherapy held in Guadelajara, Mexico — further solidifying her expertise in the treatment. Additionally, Dr. Likver is recognized as a Pioneer by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography and was one of the first to obtain Certification in Musculoskeletal Sonography in 2012. She has more than 10 years of experience implementing ultrasound guidance to dramatically improve the positive outcome of pain-alleviating procedures through directly targeted and precise injections with the help of real-time visualization."

• Pain Medicine

• Elbow Pain
  • Foot Pain
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Non-Surgical Pain Management
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Prolozone® Injections
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

1 Board Action
  • Modification Order (8/24/2017)
    Action Taken: Termination of Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New Jersey

• Odessa Medical Institute
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • SUNY Downstate Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Likver has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Likver has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Likver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Likver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Likver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Likver to family and friends
Dr. Likver's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
Great experience with a very knowledgeable doctor. Able to make an appointment the next day after work hours and didn't have to wait to be seen. Had her undivided attention for the duration of the visit. Discussed different treatments and was very accommodating to my needs.
in New York, NY |
Dr Likver is smart, attentive and caring. She takes the time to sit down with you and try to get to the root of your problem - she doesn't rush you or act superior like some other doctors. High;y recommended!
in Staten Island, NY |
I would highly recommend dr. Likver. She is very thorough in her examination and takes lots of time to explain everything. She is informative, compassionate and very accommodating. I've been told I need a knee replacement but have decided to try prolo ozone therapy. At this time I haven't completed course of treatment but am much improved and given more time, I expect to be even better.
in New York, New YorkSag Harbor, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Likver for weeks for ozone therapy for my foot and knee. It has been helping, and i really like Dr. Likver's explanations of questions I ask. She is very thorough and willing to spend time with you. She is also compassionate and caring. I would recommend her highly for pain management, and she will consult with you first to explain what is necessary.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Larisa is an amazing physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor who has helped me to get rid of my chronic left shoulder blade and lower back pain only in 4 sessions! I have been to many good practitioners but her treatment to me was the best among all! Thank you Dr. Likver!
in Bellerose, NY |
As a Doctorally prepared college professor of nursing education, I carefully researched before choosing a physician to care for my knee and shoulder. My research showed that Dr. Likver is well trained, experienced and impressively credentialed. My personal experience with her has been no less stellar. I found her to be personable, extremely thorough and her treatment of my conditions to be effective. My painful knee and shoulder are greatly improved after just a few visits.
in NYC, NY |
Dr Likver is polite, professional, and very intuitive. My initial appointment with her ran 45 minutes as she took the time to really talk to me about my knee issues, by investigating my entire walk and posture. When I received treatment from her, it was thoughtful and she explained everything as she did it. When I had questions or problems, she immediately responded and talked me through it.
Dr. Likver is the best choice you can make when looking for a physiatrist in the area! She was very professional, attentive, and caring. I've been dealing with difficult neck and back pains that have been plaguing me for the longest time. Her unique ability to diagnose and more importantly qualified and expert approach in treatment had me back to moving pain free and enjoying the things I wasn?t able to participate in years. I highly recommend a visit to her office as her expertise is invaluable
in New York, NY |
I sit typing at a computer all day (about 9 hours a day, plus more on the couch in the evenings) and my lower back was not in a good place. I went to Dr. Likver on the recommendation of a pal. She thoroughly went through my medical history for close to an hour, before she examined me, which was something I really appreciated. She worked magic on my lower back--I ended up getting several courses of prolotherapy--not fun, but absolutely worth it. She's a great, funny, caring lady. Love her!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I am shocked by the 5 star reviews for this doctor online.The receptionist did not even know who Dr. Likver was, it took 35 minutes to be seen, and the information I was given was shady at best. Dr. Likver suggested Intravenous Ozone Therapy to treat my epilepsy, even though she is NOT a neurologist, and shirked off physical therapy to treat my shoulder as if I had no chance of recovery unless I invested in two of her injection procedures, neither of which would be covered by insurance.
Have you seen Dr. Larisa Likver, MD?
Are you Dr. Likver?