Dr. Larissa Allen, MD

Dr. Larissa Allen, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Female
Dr. Larissa Allen, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. She has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital.

6130 N La Cholla Blvd Ste 200

Tucson, AZ 85741

Learn about Dr. Allen

See how frequently Dr. Allen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Disorders
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Hemorrhoids

Dr. Allen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2007

Dr. Allen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Allen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Allen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Allen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Allen to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Allen's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Green Valley, AZ |
Dr. Allen is quite possibly the best doctor i have ever had. she is compassionate and caring while giving quality care. She cares about you as a person. She will work with you on finding the best medications and I totally trust her judgement and skills. I highly recommend her. I have been seeing her for several GI problems for over two years.
Oro Valley, AZ |
One of the best GI Doctor I have ever seen. She listens, makes very well thought out recommendations with multiple treatment options. She's very caring. Visited me at the Hospital without being requested. Highly recommend her. Would like to know where she moved to. I understand she is leaving her current office.
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Allen treated my dad when he was in the hospital, and she herself was great. She spent time getting my dad's background, listened well and answered all of our questions. However, her staff is a completely different story. Dr. Allen said that my dad needed a colonoscopy 5 weeks after his treatment. We called for an appointment and a week later we are still waiting for a call back, even though the office said they return calls within 24 hours. Very poor service and we are very unhappy!!!
in Oro Valley, AZ |
I got a referral on 3-29-16 but waited days to call for the appointment. The person on the phone was Very rude and said she would call me. No call after weeks so I called back. It was for 6-23-16. In the exam room the MA gave me paperwork they forgot. Then the doctor came in with a male nurse ? and she just leaned against something, asked about 6 questions rapidly, didn't wait for my response, then was leaving. I received 3 calls with the test results 1 she asked if she already called
in Tucson, AZ |
My first appointment was today. It seems as though the office staff has improved. Quick check-in. Less than 5 minutes before I went to a room. Dr. Allen was great! She listened to my concerns, thoroughly reviewed my medical records, and explained each step of the exam. After explaining the treatment options, she took the time to answer my questions.
Tucson, AZ |
Her staff lied to me about sending me my medical records. Dr. Allen refused to provide medical records of my surgery and her staff refused to forward my phone messages. She should not be allowed to practice in Pima County as she does not provide information to her patients.
Phoenix, AZ |
Loved the doctor. Worst office staff I've ever had to deal with. Even after THEY misplaced my paperwork and I called several times. No one ever returned my calls! They only did 3 weeks later when they found my paperwork. After giving their office second chance, I was still treated poorly for trying to reschedule an appointment.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Allen is the first physician I have seen in years, whom I actually felt listened to me. She took the time to explain things to me, and did not rush me even though her clinic was running behind schedule. I always take into consideration, when seeing a specialist, that there may be a wait. Yes, I had to wait a bit, but it was definitely worth it. I have been to see her several times and will continue to see her.
in Tucson, Arizona |
I was scheduled to have an endoscopy. I fasted and showed up as scheduled. After waiting several hours, I was told that I would have to reschedule because her office failed to get prior authorization from my insurance. Her medical assistant had a month to do this. The hospital staff told me that this was not the first time this happened with one of her patients. After I spoke with Angie, her medical assistant, she said the same thing. I asked for my records so that I could get another doctor.
in Tucson, AZ |
Very difficult to schedule. Never waited less than 45 minutes to be seen, usually waited over an hour. Last time got refunded and left. Once in a while this type of wait can be dealt with, but every single time is bad management and disrespectful.
Have you seen Dr. Larissa Allen, MD?
Are you Dr. Allen?