Dr. Lane Smith, MD

Dr. Lane Smith, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Our Mission: Safety and Excellence The mission of the Plastic Surgery Institute is to provide the best possible quality care and achieve maximum surgical results in a safe, caring environment. To this end, we have taken the steps necessary and met the stringent requirements to obtain full accreditation by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF.)

I am the oldest child of a large family of 10 children. My father was a physician, who specialized in Psychiatry. He worked very hard to support our large family, but he loved his work. During medical school, I developed a love for surgery. It seemed that all the toughest problems were referred to the surgeons and that they made amazing changes in people's lives. Initially, I was attracted to Ear, Nose, Throat-head and Neck Surgery as a surgical specialty. I traveled to one of the best schools for this specialty, at the time, the University of Texas Medical Branch located in Galveston. I also received the highest score in the nation on the federal licensure exam -- one of two national exams all medical students must pass to become a physician. I enjoyed living on the gulf coast and having warmer winters, which eventually was one of the reasons I chose to practice in Las Vegas. During my many years of training, I had the opportunity to live in all parts of the country and to train at some of the finest medical institutions in the world. This training and experience has helped shape my philosophy regarding medicine, as well as plastic surgery specifically. Plastic surgery is a combination of science and art. I feel I have been blessed to have a very artistic sense. I treat every surgery as if it is a work of art, something that I want to be proud of when it is finished. It is my philosophy to treat each patient as if they were personal friends and to use cutting edge technology combined with old-fashioned values. Nothing takes the place of caring and concern. Our attempt is to treat others in a manner that we would want ourselves or our family members to be treated.

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Smith has admitting privileges.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
    3.8
    Dr. Smith's Performance
    UT |
    I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Smith, Dr. Crowley and the rest of the Smith Plastic Surgery team. After interviewing several other plastic surgeons I am convinced there is no one I would trust more or rather have performing my procedures than Dr. Smith. I had a facelift/necklift with blepharoplasty and fat transfer two weeks ago and couldn’t be happier with the results. I’m now scheduled for another procedure with Dr. Smith and wouldn’t consider having anyone else as my surgeon.
    Las Vegas, NV |
    The only reason he gets 1 star is because it won't let me give 0. Everything about my visit to Dr Smith's office was terrible. First off, I waited 3 hours to see him. When he finally decided to grace me with his presence he was rude, and made me feel stupid for asking questions. I tried calling and emailing Jessica for two weeks to schedule my surgery. She never called back. I found out today that Smith won't do my surgery, and I have no idea why. If you're looking for a kind doc, keep looking.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Everyone was so kind and treated me like family. Dr. Crowley the anesthesiologist, called me before the surgery to go over any questions, played soothing music while I was being sedated, and even called me a couple days afterward to see how my recovery was going. Constance and Shannon were very reassuring and sweet. After my surgery, I had a question, I left a message after 10pm for Dr. Smith. He called me back in less than 2 minutes!! Wow!! You can tell everyone who works here really cares.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Dr. Smith and his staff are fantastic. All of my questions were answered and the entire team made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice. Dr. Smith gave me sound advice on the best options for the issues I came to see him for and helped me determine the best plan to obtain the result that I wanted. Dr. Crowley, (the anesthesiologist) was phenomenal. I had never gone under anesthesia before and he made it soothing and pleasant. I recommend this team without hesitation.
    Have you seen Dr. Lane Smith, MD?
    Are you Dr. Smith?

Dr. Smith says...

Dr. Smith's Care Philosophy

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Smith's Board Certifications

Completed in 1994

University Of Utah

Graduated in 1985

• German

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Cellulite Treatment
    • Chin Implant
    • CoolSculpting®
    • Dermabrasion
    • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
    • Ear Surgery
    • Fat Grafting to the Buttock
    • Liposuction
    • Mini Tummy Tuck
    • Mommy Makeover
    • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
    • Neck Lift
    • Nipple Reconstruction
    • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
    • Primary Cosmetic Rhinoplasty